New 1H perks suck

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, and you can stun with a shield now.
If you're talking about shield bash, that's been in the game since day one (press 'E' while blocking), so even if you rolled back to the main build it will still be there. The perk has a pretty mild effect on it's power, which translates to approximately 1 extra damage and a slightly longer knockback effect.
Here is a meme video I made about it for another thread
Lol that's hilarious. Maybe overtuned just a tad.

They nerfed swords, especially on-foot, and did some wierd things, like added that 1H on-horse damage bonus. Probably developers thought, doing rutinely 200+ damage wasn't enough...

Role playing an athletic on-foot warrior has become even more ridiculous now. I mean, it took 2-3 hits to kill half-naked peassants and looters with 1H sword, while getting owned by suckkers with wooden hammers... In real history a viking could kill a couple dozens peasant single handedly and didn't consider it as anything special. In this game even 2 of them is a problem and 4+ is a certain death. A really sucky balance, and they've made it even worse with new perks.
Not a nerf. The perks were previously misimplemented, giving much less effect than they should

If you're talking about shield bash, that's been in the game since day one (press 'E' while blocking), so even if you rolled back to the main build it will still be there. The perk has a pretty mild effect on it's power, which translates to approximately 1 extra damage and a slightly longer knockback effect.

Lol that's hilarious. Maybe overtuned just a tad.
It is at 275 skill in that video.

How was that NPC's 1 hander skill so high?

Tharos is one of the NPCs in game that's just high from the beginning, and was always a menace if you ever meet him in the tournament. Defeating him without abusing the "circle-jerk" is a tough challenge, especially in the earlier phases of the game when your own skill is low.

But with the new 1h perks clearly in effect... he's just insane. His swings were fast, but not THAT fast, nor THAT powerful.

Tharos threw 11 attacks within 10 seconds, with the shield being wasted in the 9th second. That means Tharos's attacks were approximately 0.9 seconds in execution from windup to hit, and the delay time. Assuming maybe 0.2 seconds in between attacks, that means the sword strikes from wind-up to strike took about 0.7 seconds. If you want to guard this attack without a shield, you have to react within about 0.3 seconds.

As a comparison, the fastest attack in For Honor, with only 3 direction to guard, and supports a flowing guard which is much easier to use than the cumbersome system we have in MB, is 0.4 seconds in its speed, and people complain those attacks are often too difficult to block.

Here's another vid from a feller in the thread I made bringing up this problem
(https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/1-4-0-bug-theres-a-problem-with-new-1h-perks.422400/)

That's a buzzsaw.

Not a nerf. The perks were previously misimplemented, giving much less effect than they should

And? I mean, they could fix them: bonus to attack speed, bonus to 1H damage, bonus to 1H sword damage etc. Instead, they removed them totally.

And? I mean, they could fix them: bonus to attack speed, bonus to 1H damage, bonus to 1H sword damage etc. Instead, they removed them totally.
There's a perk for both damage and swing speed. Plus leveling up 1H naturally increases swing speed and damage. So is your only complaint that they didn't add a perk specifically for 1H sword damage?

There's a perk for both damage and swing speed. Plus leveling up 1H naturally increases swing speed and damage. So is your only complaint that they didn't add a perk specifically for 1H sword damage?

There is a perk for 20% more damage without a shield, which is 100% fantasy. I mean, no warriors (at least in Europe) fought without sheilds back to then. Especially with 1h weapons.

Do you mean, 1h skill didn't increase the attack speed before the patch, and now it does?
Essentially, yeah. Before the patch skill level didn't really affect your attack speed much. Now it really does.
There is a perk for 20% more damage without a shield, which is 100% fantasy. I mean, no warriors (at least in Europe) fought without sheilds back to then. Especially with 1h weapons.
So it's a realism thing then? I just don't know what it is you don't like about the new perks. "Strong Arms" provides +2% swing speed and "Deadly Purpose" increases damage of all 1H weapons by 5%.
There is no 275 skill there. The last one is at level 250.
The skill level in the video is at 275 even though the last perk is at 250.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom