New 1H perks suck

Users who are viewing this thread

There is a perk for 20% more damage without a shield, which is 100% fantasy. I mean, no warriors (at least in Europe) fought without sheilds back to then. Especially with 1h weapons.

lol, you don't have to use it, and it is certainly easier to swing a sword around without a shield in your hand. Besides, I'm sure at least some soldiers lost their shields during battle.

lol, you don't have to use it, and it is certainly easier to swing a sword around without a shield in your hand. Besides, I'm sure at least some soldiers lost their shields during battle.

I'm pretty sure, it didn't take 1 sec to remove shield, hit with +20% to damage and get it back, back to then.

So it's a realism thing then? I just don't know what it is you don't like about the new perks. "Strong Arms" provides +2% swing speed and "Deadly Purpose" increases damage of all 1H weapons by 5%.

Deadly Purpose is at leve 225. I've been playing the game since tthe release and never could get to that level. You could get +8% to sword damage way earlier with old perks. Of course, if perks and skill level didn't work before, you should feel a great improve right now, but it's not about new perks, but bug fixes. With old perks it could be even better.

And? I mean, they could fix them: bonus to attack speed, bonus to 1H damage, bonus to 1H sword damage etc. Instead, they removed them totally.
Well, replacing +5% damage (that was actually +0.5% damage) with +5% on mount (that actually works) is an upgrade, not a regression. Depends on what you consider a "nerf" to be, though.

It sucks not because it has less powerful perks (I'd argue that isn't the case either, but that depends on your preference), but because you're not getting anything new with those perks. With every level of One-Handed you already do more damage (increases by +0.15% every level), so having perks that simply let you do MORE more damage is boring as hell.

But then, the combat only offers us four attack directions and a bash. Having to unlock them would be like unlocking movement keys separately in Athletics. And I'm not sure complicating the fights mechanically would accomplish much, so here we are with unavoidable boring perks

Last edited:
They nerfed swords, especially on-foot, and did some wierd things, like added that 1H on-horse damage bonus. Probably developers thought, doing rutinely 200+ damage wasn't enough...

Role playing an athletic on-foot warrior has become even more ridiculous now. I mean, it took 2-3 hits to kill half-naked peassants and looters with 1H sword, while getting owned by suckkers with wooden hammers... In real history a viking could kill a couple dozens peasant single handedly and didn't consider it as anything special. In this game even 2 of them is a problem and 4+ is a certain death. A really sucky balance, and they've made it even worse with new perks.
In real history a Samurai could cut clean through 30 men at once with a single swipe of a katana. A dozen or two plebs should be no problem for a True Viking Warrior.
in truly real history a samurai could behead a score of 12-24 enemies with a single barehanded strike. a true viking warrior could break bones with a mere dreadful look. +5% damage on horse? pfff. taleWorldZ needs to g0 b4ck to h1st0ry b00ks.

poor peasants, always thought to be the dumbest of them all when it is the dumbest and least able doing the looking and projecting self. The same who would want to 'reeducate' the 'ignorant masses' these days, being the dumbest of them all.

Craft a heavy, big two-hander with 1 handed being switchable. Make sure its 2 handed is really strong per attack. It will show that attacks are weak and very slooow with 1h. However with 20% damage perk, and high athletics you gain from thrusting attacks, youll be getting huge damage numbers. Switched to 1 hand, attack will be slow, but your own movement speed will add a LOT. Damage numbers are stated for static attacks. With heavy enough two hander in one hand, you can thrust 170+ damage easily for head hit with your movement supporting it. I would think a one-hander will not have such impact even with superior pierce stats.

To be blunt perk

"Contrary to the description, this perk increases damage dealt with one handed maces and axes by 0.05 flat (which is inconsequential). Try as they might, TaleWorlds still can't do math..."

Strong Arms
"This perk increases swing speed by .02 flat, which is 2.1% of the base swing speed of 0.93. I'll give this one a pass."

XD

But the 1h perks are OP, becosue right now for some reason they buff your troops too.

To be blunt perk

"Contrary to the description, this perk increases damage dealt with one handed maces and axes by 0.05 flat (which is inconsequential). Try as they might, TaleWorlds still can't do math..."

Strong Arms
"This perk increases swing speed by .02 flat, which is 2.1% of the base swing speed of 0.93. I'll give this one a pass."

XD

But the 1h perks are OP, becosue right now for some reason they buff your troops too.

Hell yea, looking at that website, the first perk Basher apparently increases your troops' damage reduction by 40% in a shield wall. Thats insane for a skill level 25 perk lol.

the main point is this is a game - when you slog and grind to get near endgame you should feel a lot more powerful than when you start. If your facing a bunch of unarmored peasants and you have decent gear and high skills you should mow them down in droves.

Back
Top Bottom