New 1H perks suck

Users who are viewing this thread

Kshahdoo

Recruit
They nerfed swords, especially on-foot, and did some wierd things, like added that 1H on-horse damage bonus. Probably developers thought, doing rutinely 200+ damage wasn't enough...

Role playing an athletic on-foot warrior has become even more ridiculous now. I mean, it took 2-3 hits to kill half-naked peassants and looters with 1H sword, while getting owned by suckkers with wooden hammers... In real history a viking could kill a couple dozens peasant single handedly and didn't consider it as anything special. In this game even 2 of them is a problem and 4+ is a certain death. A really sucky balance, and they've made it even worse with new perks.

lmao id becareful throwing the "in real history" line. I dont honestly know. i barely used 1 hand swords so im not sure how hard this change impacted what was done before.

lmao id becareful throwing the "in real history" line. I dont honestly know. i barely used 1 hand swords so im not sure how hard this change impacted what was done before.

Man, you can argue about historical accuracy as much as you wish, but not possible to kill a person without armor with one sword hit is plain idiocy in real life, fantasy, or a computer game. Especially considering, that that person can kill (alright, not kill, but knock down) you with a wooden hammer no matter what armor you wear...

But I'm not about this (or not just about this), but about new 1H perks, and they obviously suck.

In real history a Samurai could cut clean through 30 men at once with a single swipe of a katana. A dozen or two plebs should be no problem for a True Viking Warrior.

So I've checked forums and not found a lot of feedback about new perks. Probably people just don't use 1H + sheild a lot, and I understand them. The combination is mostly useless vs 3+ looters, let alone stronger units. You need reach and damage, to fight enemies effectively, so people use 2-handers and polearms.

New perks do 1H + shield style even worse.

How is it worse? Because AI is stronger with 1h now? Just wait until they fix 2h and polearms lol. I like the change personally, high level 1h with no shield is so strong now. Almost made me want to play again.

How is it worse? Because AI is stronger with 1h now? Just wait until they fix 2h and polearms lol. I like the change personally, high level 1h with no shield is so strong now. Almost made me want to play again.

Yeah, that's it, they turn the game into another fantasy ****. Who did fight without shields back to Middle Ages? Yeah, nobody and especially with 1H swords. 2H swords became popular, when full plate armors were invented, but before that you were as good as dead without a shield.

Yeah, that's it, they turn the game into another fantasy ****. Who did fight without shields back to Middle Ages? Yeah, nobody and especially with 1H swords. 2H swords became popular, when full plate armors were invented, but before that you were as good as dead without a shield.

1h and shield is still fine, its only +20% dmg with no shield. You can play that style much better now, because the perks work now. Unless I'm missing something.

Also I played a lot with 1h/shield back when I started warband, because I was bad and got wreckt all the time. Very historical. Once I got better at the game I could play naked with a 2h sword. Even learned how to avoid arrows in sieges and stuff. I had my dose of realism, lasted a good few hundred hours, but at some point it just gets boring and I want to take out my 2h axe, or, alternatively, take advantage of that +20% dmg perk and swing fast like a maniac lol.

Man that has to be an incredibly long katana :eek:

Or incredibly thin people xD

As for the OP what's the problem with current set?
I play a lot with 1H + shield and currently I can forget about 2h in sieges cause when I get into city a just put shield on back and slash through mob with higher damage and faster swings from perks. If I cannot put shield on back and have to use it I can still swing faster thanks to perk. And shield bash is quite useful. Actually current options are great I can focus on less combat skills (just stick to 1H + shield and one additional bow, polearms or something) and invest more in other skills (when they start working xD)

You think people never smacked others in the face with a shield? Also you still haven't described what your problem is exactly.

As I said, those perks are in Beta 1.4, which you can install in 5 min in Steam. I don't remember them all, because when I saw them, I immediately changed beta to the main build. I remember, there is a shield stun perk, bonus to damage while being on horse (the most ridiculous one, like it's not big enough in 1.3), bonus to axe and mace damage, and they removed all general 1H damage and sword damage perks.

As I said, those perks are in Beta 1.4, which you can install in 5 min in Steam. I don't remember them all, because when I saw them, I immediately changed beta to the main build. I remember, there is a shield stun perk, bonus to damage while being on horse (the most ridiculous one, like it's not big enough in 1.3), bonus to axe and mace damage, and they removed all general 1H damage and sword damage perks.

Yes I tested 1.4, and I mentioned - the perks didn't work before, these new ones (supposedly) do. Whatever the perks were before doesn't matter, the skill is now literally 10 times stronger or something like that.

Here is a meme video I made about it for another thread https://streamable.com/7n5fn2

Back
Top Bottom