Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I've gone through probably about 8 battles in the latest patch, with nothing similar happening. Perhaps some sort of bug. Regardless, thos beta branch is the same playtesting as developers. I would revert back if it's not working properly
every fight I do now, the enemy throws their cavalry at my main line and get decimated... maybe they tweaked how the leaders 'tactic' skill plays on the AI?? nothing in patch notes...

Every single fight on my playthrough has been tough as nails to get through if we even had similar numbers/calv, now even if I have 100-150 less units, I still kick their ass.... dumbed down intensely and no sense of tactics anymore imho as opposed to e1.1.0

ALSO fights of 500vs500 used to last over 5 minutes, now they end in 3minutes or less...

autoresolve is borked beyond belief also

Last edited:
Performance fixes are great! Much better FPS in open fields & sieges; siege AI much better. When doing bandit hideout missions, I noticed the bandit units seem to actually leave the hideout and search for targets. Perhaps it is because it is still early game, but before it seemed like hideouts would fill up and the parties would never leave it. Also seems to be less bandit units on map? Which is great, as it was an infestation before. Really cool to see them patrol & then return to hideout.

However a couple things that really need tweaked before making it to stable, IMO:

1. Towns are out of money & don't really have items to purchase
    1. I think this is because it seem pretty rare for caravans to make it to cities now.
      1. I don't think that caravans buy swords & armor? If not, maybe allow them to.
    2. The tiers of items available seem to be strange
      1. Town with Smithy only seems to producing low tier items (IE Falx Knife for Battania)
    3. My workshops are making 0 coin because of this
    4. Tariffs are low
    5. Bankruptcy imminent
      1. Calradia centralized banking when?
  2. Auto-Resolve is now warband status
    1. A large army of high tier troops will lose multiple tier 5-6 units to a small band of looters
    2. Auto-resolve in general has taken a nosedive
      1. I can't really speculate as to why since I don't see patch notes related to this? Only guess is something to do with bandits & caravans
  3. Cavalry Battle AI seems to now be lobotomized
    1. Fails to screen enemy cavalry
    2. Likes to charge the main infantry line before friendly infantry has engaged
  4. Combat AI
    1. I know developer officially responded it is being worked on
    2. Would honestly like to see it reverted to pre 1.1 if it doesn't get a tweak before 1.2 makes it to stable
It would be nice to be able to hire patrols of man-hunting mercenaries or recruits to patrol around my castle or towns now that bandits have much better chances of taking on caravans. It seems like the player & AI need some way to counter bandits other than chase them down with their large, slow main army. Not really fun to be chasing down bandits non-stop just to keep the caravans flowing.

It would be kinda cool if we could have an ambush type system; we sit on map & if a unit comes by a certain radius a battle is started. Could be neat to use formations like the column to spawn the defending party in & spawn the attackers closer. Tie in to scouting skill to have the potenial for the ambush to be spotted. Obviously not essential right now by just a thought as it seems like the player is now encouraged to attack caravans since they are not exceedingly strong relative to when you would want to attack them for denars now.

autoresolve took a dump
this is hilarious
autoresolve.jpg

Ah, good old M&B autocalc. Even the recruits get 1:1 KD ratio lol.

not sure about other combat units, they seem to work fine so far in a new game, right now only one seems to do very little are the Steppe Bandits (just the T2 unit, not a generalization), it's not that they don't fight, but they are much less aggressive and slow in reaction to melee weapon changes (from spear to sword)

Update:
In fact, they will trot slowly with no weapon drawn even when looters are chasing them and hacking their short weapons away, as well as you ride next to them at slow speed having a bow pointed in their head

Last edited:
This is the best news I've read, thank you thank you thank you so much.
Edit : Tried Beta 1.2.0 and did back and forth between 5 towns (two of those with smithies) for 60 in game days to look if there are any new armours, but still the same selection as before, can anybody confirm seeing high tier armours/helmets in the shops?
Nope same for me as well. Nothing new.

Making the AI dumber for gain some few fps is not worth. Please stop making the AI dumber after every patch :cry::cry::cry::cry:.

We just really really need better comms from the TW team as too what they are working on and what they have changed and why. Giving us nerfs and patches without even telling us its been done is just going to alienate the community towards them. I get its EA but some of the changes just made werent even in the patch notes. Whether its intentional or not we need some sort of feed back from TW at least acknlowedging that theyve seen our replies and they are aware of said issues and are working on them. I mean c'mon were giving feedback with no replies a lot of the time.

AI indeed is pretty dumb on some situations, my soldiers are sitting ducks for the bandits when i attack a hideout and i face the boss and his men. The soldiers sit there while the bandits chop them from one side to the other. And i gotta say i am witnessing some more optimization which is really nice keep it coming.

Back
Top Bottom