Black African Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not necessarily true though, those were Warbands core mechanics... there are alot of them that have been retained in Bannerlord but we don't exactly know what Bannerlord is trying to be, now do we? Especially with Generational Gameplay and Kingdom Management, etc etc. I could list more features but that's a whole other topic.
But the game is set in a time of war and is the thing most people will be doing even if its not on a large scale of faction vs faction battles all the other stuff are things to make the world feel more immersive and more believable

I thought we already established that Bannerlord's setting is in Europe from 600 to 1100 A.D?

Now we just have to see which MAJOR faction exist in Europe during that specific period. Arguing about whether black people exist during that period is pointless. Of course they do, but where?

With all the people in here, surely someone can give some clear info and source on that?

Now, whether they exist in Europe, I'm all for adding African factions to the game, but as a DLC, like Viking's Conquest in Warband.
Currently, there're no place on the map where you could add a African faction in logically. The desert to the east of the map looks like it's leading to Asia, which will probably be used for Mongol Invasion, which is around 1200 A.D
They would come over the gap that is literally only 250 feet between Africa and Europe. Also its a fantasy game and i just want another culture to represent a quarter of the worlds population. Is that too much?

By the way, while Mali was an extremely wealthy nation and in some cases quite powerful, they didn't heavily influence Europe.
yeah im not saying all of them were eating sand as breakfast, some were powerful, but as you and op pointed out they were isolated and weren't able to influence europe that much

remove fighting and wars from the game and tell me whats left...take all the armor and weapons out, take soldiers out, no more need to earn money to pay wages, tournaments are gone, gangs are gone, bandit raids are gone, you are left with trading to accumulate pointless wealth
Oh yeah, so let's remove all the NPCs since you want to remove soldiers and weapons and armor. Sure. Let's attack a strawman to make a moot point! 10/10.

But the game is set in a time of war and is the thing most people will be doing even if its not on a large scale of faction vs faction battles all the other stuff are things to make the world feel more immersive and more believable
Africans went to war too. Grab a canoe and you could be fighting the Spaniards mate

No but they had cultural elements that were completely seperate from Islamic influence. Also every european nation is derivative of another, save for the vikings nords normans and such. its not like your next door neighbor moves in and all of a sudden you turn into the same person as them.

I disagree. There are huge cultural differences and enough unique traits between Vikings, Celts, Franks, Romans, etc. that these factions are very different. Yes, they do have similarities and many of them were heavily influenced by Rome and Greece, they are unique enough and interesting enough. Especially when it comes to the whole war aspect of things. What kind of armor and weapons did people in Mali use? In terms of warfare, they just don't have the same impact in my opinion. By the way, Mali is well after this particular time period if we were to transpose it into our world.

Yes, that I agree with but saying it's just about warfare isn't exactly true. It's about warfare and trade, generational gameplay and Kingdom Management, etc. The list of core features goes on to include more than just fighting wars. Not that I'm against that for the game anyways :razz:

Oh yeah, so let's remove all the NPCs since you want to remove soldiers and weapons and armor. Sure. Let's attack a strawman to make a moot point! 10/10.
you are saying the game isn't mostly focused on war, yet if you remove war and all its derivates there isnt much left, is there? what could that mean....i really cant figure it out

It would be super cool if they added an African faction, imagine the armor variation! I'm not losing any sleep over them not being in the game though. There's just as much wrong with them not being in the game as, lets say, the Chinese or Japanese. Its nitpicking at that point. Otherwise its a valid suggestion.

you are saying the game isn't focused on war, yet if you remove wars there isnt much left, is there? what could that mean....i really cant figure it out

Oh, so you're one of those guys. Ok, here a quote I impart unto thee from a conversation with another user:

Yes, that I agree with but saying it's just about warfare isn't exactly true. It's about warfare and trade, generational gameplay and Kingdom Management, etc. The list of core features goes on to include more than just fighting wars. Not that I'm against that for the game anyways :razz:

Huh... what do you know? When you read and actually comprehend what someone is saying... you get the full message intended!

I disagree. There are huge cultural differences and enough unique traits between Vikings, Celts, Franks, Romans, etc. that these factions are very different. Yes, they do have similarities and many of them were heavily influenced by Rome and Greece, they are unique enough and interesting enough. Especially when it comes to the whole war aspect of things. What kind of armor and weapons did people in Mali use? In terms of warfare, they just don't have the same impact in my opinion. By the way, Mali is well after this time particular time period if we were to transpose it into our world.
Fine then. What about Eritrea and Djenno Djenna. What about native libyans. What about the fact that africans took islam and native religions and combined them into their own anemism. The ngulu sword. The Simi blade. The special bows of that they took advantage of. The animal skin versatility as sheaths, durable shields, and clothing. The architecture, the art, the language, the tribal system are all unique elements.

Africans went to war too. Grab a canoe and you could be fighting the Spaniards mate
Yeah and so did the Chinese the Russians the American natives so I don't see what your point there is ? I for one would find it interesting for a African faction or hell even an Indian faction with elephants to make an actual power in the south because the aserai get steamrolled

It would be super cool if they added an African faction, imagine the armor variation! I'm not losing any sleep over them not being in the game though. There's just as much wrong with them not being in the game as, lets say, the Chinese or Japanese. Its nitpicking at that point. Otherwise its a valid suggestion.
Yes the chinese or japanese should be in the game, but im not interested in them and asia is already represented.

I am not saying that I am against having an African based faction. I just always get up in arms about the whole modern PC culture we live in. Like the idea of it doesn't have something, it means that it is racist or misogynist, or whatever floats people's boats these days. If the developers had put it in the game, I wouldn't have minded it at all, but I hate the idea of forcing things just because it is some kind of modern sensibility. But I understand your point of view.

Yeah and so did the Chinese the Russians the American natives so I don't see what your point there is ? I for one would find it interesting for a African faction or hell even an Indian faction with elephants to make an actual power in the south because the aserai get steamrolled
Im saying that if you are a medieval power, be it in asia, africa, or europe, you should be in the game, because it is entirely fictional.

Oh, so you're one of those guys. Ok, here a quote I impart unto thee from a conversation with another user:

Huh... what do you know? When you read and actually comprehend what someone is saying... you get the full message intended!
ah so you are one of those guys changing what other people said... i said mostly, not just, if you actually pay attention maybe you understand the message for what it is

I am not saying that I am against having an African based faction. I just always get up in arms about the whole modern PC culture we live in. Like the idea of it doesn't have something, it means that it is racist or misogynist, or whatever floats people's boats these days. If the developers had put it in the game, I wouldn't have minded it at all, but I hate the idea of forcing things just because it is some kind of modern sensibility. But I understand your point of view.
netflix

Im saying that if you are a medieval power, be it in asia, africa, or europe, you should be in the game, because it is entirely fictional.
Yeah and what also do those cultures have in common? Oh yeah there not in the game which is fair as it takes time to code and model and balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom