Horses food consuption

Users who are viewing this thread

you would need to redo economy if horses consumed food, large armies already have problems maintaining food and that can crash economy, now if we add horses here it would be way way worse, unless you redo everything to accommodate then whats the point?

Did everyone miss the herd penalty to movement speed?

If you have too many horses, your speed will actually start to decrease as the herd penalty gets higher. That's the counter-balance to not having to deal with food.

IMO horses being fed should be a mod as should required camping/stamina mechanics (feel free to start work on creating one, it's definitely possible to do) but not part of the base game because it will be more frustrating than rewarding for more people.

Tried it out, it does indeed apply to normal horses, I stand corrected.

Yeah I just looked at the code. herd size is pack hoses + livestock + amount of mounts in excess of what's wanted for troops. The actual penalty is either -0.8 or -0.02 * herdSize / totalMenCount. Whichever is higher. Penalty only applied if herd size is greater than 0.

I absolutely disagree with the OP. We already have mentioned herd debuff, which feels super balanced for the moment. There are a lot of issues to be fixed instead of changing mechanics that work great. Moreover people already mentioned in comments, that it will break immersion, it would require another rebalance of economy system and so on. Cannot agree more.

Back
Top Bottom