SP - World Map My suggestion to make hideouts more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yea, it´s nice to pay 40 $ for game and than do work like a betatester for free....
''If you would like to experience everything that Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord has to offer, then we strongly encourage you to hold off on buying the game until the full-release.

Finally, we would like to announce that we are officially drawing a close to this series of blogs. With the game on the verge of release, we would prefer to switch our attention and limited resources to work alongside our community.''
(27 Mar 2020)

People were told about the unfinished state, and if you're not happy about participating, you shouldn't have bought the game indeed. But in that case it's your fault for not looking for information that was there from the start at the public release of the game.

''If you would like to experience everything that Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord has to offer, then we strongly encourage you to hold off on buying the game until the full-release.

Finally, we would like to announce that we are officially drawing a close to this series of blogs. With the game on the verge of release, we would prefer to switch our attention and limited resources to work alongside our community.''
(27 Mar 2020)

People were told about the unfinished state, and if you're not happy about participating, you shouldn't have bought the game indeed. But in that case it's your fault for not looking for information that was there from the start at the public release of the game.

Games industry are the only industry on the market, when you can sell(for money) unfinished product, and many people will applaud. Like you.

They're not too difficult and they certainly should not be easy. If you charge in to hideout of 60 steppe bandits with low level companions and few trash units, then you deserve to get destroyed.

Games industry are the only industry on the market, when you can sell(for money) unfinished product, and many people will applaud. Like you.

They can sell unfinished product only because people like you want to buy it unfinished.

They don't sell unfinished product as a finished one, you have been warned. It's not their fault that people buy unfinished product and expect it to work like finished one.

They aren’t too difficult. You only need to recruit 3-4 good companions and equip them with good gear. Have a small party of veteran troops also ones at top will be with you. Hideouts seems easy but repetitive and need multiple scenes, layouts, and resolutions.
You don't use realistic damage, right?

Forest bandits 2-hit almost any troop with sniper precision.
When you're talking about being shot by 20-ish guys with your 8 mixed troops, this thing is horribly balanced.

"Hitting one bandit make whole camp attack you." this is not true. It will agro some of em depending where you and your soldiers are. Ive been clearing out hideouts with that amounts before and playing on all realistic mode. Trick is that you have to take as much as you can then extract if you cant take em all. Heal up and reset then hit it again and again if its that much soldiers in it or you could wait untill its bit emptier in another occasion. But you can get a lot of em by using tactics and commands on the battlefield...plain and simple you just have to become better at the game :wink: To add: What youre ambushing is small parts of the camp at a time and got the advantage to do so. And if you´re using a bow you can set up some inf with shield wall and bowmen behind on the sides then sneak up ahead for some good headshots making other enemies following you in to an ambush. But yeah they should really implement that you can pick what type of inf you want to tag along

Last edited:
"Hitting one bandit make whole camp attack you." this is not true.
It is true in some cases. It became apparent to me when I was doing a mountain bandits hideout and I saw some of them throwing spears on my flank from the top of the mountains on the right when I was approaching the rocky platform half-way through. There is no way I could have aggro those all the way there if they were at the part of the map I'm thinking of.

I'm not having a hard time with hideouts myself, but some situations are strange and I think were not intended by devs.

Last edited:
ah yeah i think i know which map it is. Its the one with an mine in it ? Can be pretty hardcore battles in that one for sure ^^

Last edited:
No, that's the sea raider one and it's probably the easiest hideout (also the AI is buggy, especially all the way on the other side of the beach)

I'm talking about the mountain bandits.

you think thats the easiest one with that tight gap with a lot of soldiers in it ? lol...But yeah it needs to be addressed if so and they couldnt have seen you or heard the others

Also to mention the new lightning settings in beta is **** now and is way to bright and nights are about non existant. I didnt have problem to see in the last one either (maybe sometimes but didnt have effect on the battlefield that much) but people wanted easy mode so they prob gonna get it. Maybe they get xray later who knows, aimbot and an robot holding their hand on the battlefield when they get hurt

Last edited:
''Ambush'' meant to be surprise attack not charging to 60 steppe bandits with 8 troop that game randomly selected for you.
Hitting one bandit make whole camp attack you.
The game ALWAYS gives me the troops on top of my army list. Maybe they changed it, you should give it a try.
And nope, hitting one bandit doesn't trigger the whole camp, just enemies in range.

But I agree, hideouts need to be fleshed out, as of right now they can be extremely difficult compared to the rest of the game. :rolleyes:

No, that's the sea raider one and it's probably the easiest hideout (also the AI is buggy, especially all the way on the other side of the beach)
Mountain bandits have at least one map with a huge cave, too. ?

The game ALWAYS gives me the troops on top of my army list. Maybe they changed it, you should give it a try.
And nope, hitting one bandit doesn't trigger the whole camp, just enemies in range.

So i thought to but isnt always the case from my understanding (sometimes it has given me some recruits as well even if the others werent hurt to be accounted for)... but i know mate :smile: i got couple of thousand of hours in Warband and 200 in this one all ready after 13 days :smile: Would be easier though since you easier can set what type and amount you need against the specific raiders

Last edited:
So i thought to but isnt always the case from my understanding (sometimes it has given me some recruits as well even if the others werent hurt to be accounted for)
Well, after a hundred hours and dozens of hideouts I always had the top troops with me. With an army of more than a hundred soldiers it can't be a coincidence, so it must be the game's intention. Maybe it bugs out from time to time, like so many things in Bannerlord at this point of development.

... but i know mate :smile: i got couple of thousand of hours in Warband and 200 in this one all ready after 13 days :smile:

I wasn't referring to your post, mate. I quopted Typhoon and Karl_Magnus. :xf-wink:

Well, after a hundred hours and dozens of hideouts I always had the top troops with me. With an army of more than a hundred soldiers it can't be a coincidence, so it must be the game's intention. Maybe it bugs out from time to time, like so many things in Bannerlord at this point of development.

Yeah must been but its all right, im not picky with small bugs here and there... My recruits are happy to be with the big bois on a special operation raid in the middle of the night ^^ except that they usually always gets killed to tell about em haha But if they do survive they become my squire and personal bodyguard untill he get mixed up with the others

Last edited:
It usually doesn't but at times there are groups that come and are way too far from the actual engagement. If none of the issues talked about ever happened to you, good on you, but the AI behaviour is sometimes strange.

I wasn't referring to your post, mate. I quopted Typhoon and Karl_Magnus. :xf-wink:
And he was referring to your post. I don't think you understand everything you read.

Yeah must been but its all right, im not picky with small bugs here and there... My recruits are happy to be with the big bois on a special operation raid in the middle of the night ^^ except that they usually always gets killed to tell about em haha
I don't struggle with the bugs either. That's what early access is for, and this way we can influence what the finished game will look like. And Bethesda would have said "It just works" and leave it as it is... ?

That's a nice attitude. Give the newbies a chance, that's what good leaders do. ?

Actually just let you select your troops and every night can attack 3 times should be fine. (Also the loots should be based on how many you kill and not the last round bandits)

It's not that difficult after you know how to command your troops with few tier 6 units, it just annoying you need to wait few days knowing your character can die from waiting too long.

but yeah ofc AI needs to be adjusted as well. There is still things that needs to be fixed and addressed like Karl says

Back
Top Bottom