SP - World Map My suggestion to make hideouts more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

try this mod, makes ma game way better balanced in many ways..

Concise, I like it.

Getting to choose your troops is a no-brainer, but I also like the idea of just forgoing stealth and attacking the camp head-on.

I also like the idea of doing a check based on your troop amount (if you have more troops than there are bandits?) to let you surround them and prevent from from fleeing, thus forcing the battle even if they want to run away.

Hideouts needs to be balanced, no wait it needs to be completely change to something else that makes sense in this game. Since it's not stealth based game, not even close. ''Ambush'' meant to be surprise attack not charging to 60 steppe bandits with 8 troop that game randomly selected for you. also stealth approches doesn't exists
Hitting one bandit make whole camp attack you.
No way of clearing steppe and forest bandit hideouts, we can't select troops it randomly gives me villagers, looters or other low tier bandit dudes. (I love sending them to death in battles), Even if i could select the troops it won't work for the following reasons below.
These are the tips i found but not working
*In party panel order of the troops doesn't affecting anything.
*Retreating and attacking several nights also doesn't working, for some reason the bandit parties around getting in hideouts and doesn't run away from me while i wait just beside the hideout around 250 troops. (killing the nearby parties also doesn't working, they keep spawning)
*Waiting bandit parties to leave and only few stays takes ages, if you're lucky. this doesn't work either.

Only solution seems to modding.

I'm playing on hardest difficulty possible, normal game is not difficult, just the hideouts.

Everyone agrees the hideouts need some reworks, and it probably will get it sometime, but I sure hope they don't make them too easy.

(and there are plenty other threads about the subject, not sure why you wouldn't post in one of them instead of creating a new one, but whatever)

Last edited:
They aren’t too difficult. You only need to recruit 3-4 good companions and equip them with good gear. Have a small party of veteran troops also ones at top will be with you. Hideouts seems easy but repetitive and need multiple scenes, layouts, and resolutions.

I hate the teleportation at the end, where you are forced into close proximity with the boss. Total immersion breaking and pointless, defeat the whole point of an ambush. The whole random troops doesn't help at all. I was doing well with archers clearing the hideout, then BAM, forced melee, and my archers ate an axe to faces...

In the tutorial, talking with the boss serves a purpose, you are looking for information. For other hideouts, it's pointless, you are going to fight anyway, there is no meaningful negotiation.

at least you always get your companions in with you... If they all have shields then you can enter shieldwall to close the distance between the clusters of bandits. Works alright for me

Sort your troops in your party list! You are able to choose who will come with you. And try to use some tactic a bit. Hideouts are very easy actually. Even 30+ steppe/forest bandits on realistic difficulty.

Sort your troops in your party list! You are able to choose who will come with you. And try to use some tactic a bit. Hideouts are very easy actually. Even 30+ steppe/forest bandits on realistic difficulty.
WE KNOW.
This does not work reliably, I put my chosen troops with me at the top and still get weak troops waaaayyyyy down the list spawning in.

Also it still doesn't excuse the bad design decision like the forced teleportation at the end. I can clear bandit hideout, I just feel it really needs improvement.

Personally I hate the fact that you have to wait until nightfall and then the fact that you have to fight at night. Perhaps it's my fault and I need to change the brightness but I can't see a thing in the woods at night. If you could pick when you attack I would be far more willing to do them. As it is I avoid them like the plague unless they're almost empty.

It's mostly some people's monitor settings + game brightness settings.

I never had any problem seeing anything at night.

Yea, before the patches, beta ... I saw in the night big sh*t too. Now the brightness in night is better balanced and you can see the enemy without extreme setup of brightness.

But whole hideout system is one big trash. ...God, 8 yers in developement and now new ideas. And some ideas are worse than in Warband. :/

Last edited:
Well I did read something about reworked lighting for the 1.1.0 patch. I haven't opt-in the beta branch, though.
Night atmosphere illumination amounts adjusted.

And it's not useful to keep bashing on the amount of time they took. They reworked their game engine much sooner than 8 years ago. I do feel like the TW team is unexperienced, but there's nothing you can do about that if not reporting bugs and give feedback on features.[/QUOTE]

Well I did read something about reworked lighting for the 1.1.0 patch. I haven't opt-in the beta branch, though.

And it's not useful to keep bashing on the amount of time they took. They reworked their game engine much sooner than 8 years ago. I do feel like the TW team is unexperienced, but there's nothing you can do about that if not reporting bugs and give feedback on features.
[/QUOTE]

Yea, it´s nice to pay 40 $ for game and than do work like a betatester for free....

Back
Top Bottom