Why is every single NPC ugly as sin....and white?

Users who are viewing this thread

There's a certain degree of charm in how ugly the NPCs are. Like, there was a notable in Sibri or whatever that northmost town is called, nammed "Ellyra Dogface" and by golly, you can't accuse her of false advertisement, I tell you what.

As for why they're all white.. well the world is clearly based on medieval europe and small parts of asia/north africa, so you'd expect the majority of people to be white wouldn't you?
The game is clearly inspired by Anatolia's rich history. Even were it non-fiction, it would make sense most characters would be white. Anatolia was Scythian/Celtic/Greek/Roman for most of it's history up to that point, with heavy Persian influences of course.

As for OP : aren't the Aserai Arabesque enough, and the Kuzhaits Asiatic enough? What are you asking for, exactly? I'm not convinced this game, as imagined by its creators, could ever satisfy your particular fetish; though, the ever-imaginative modding community might produce some derivative obscure content to fill the void inside your blackened ...heart.

As for the rest of you, stop taking the piss on my slightly asymmetrical crazy-eyed gnomish waifus, they're cute, lol.

Face textures make everyone look like they haven't slept in 100 years while also having a huge hangover.
Even children.

You guys are all historians now i see :xf-wink:

Well in my opinion... The world of calradia is clearly and obviously based around the world of star wars. When the time daenerys targaryen invaded mordor, Her and voldemort
You the player started out arriving in narnia on the back of a cart with a horse theif. You were captured by the space marines, Slowly being taken to meet the GOD EMPEROR himself.
But in the middle of your travels, You were saved by Shrek and donkey. On your way to Camelot, You encounter a man, Jumping with a trusty servant clapping coconuts together. He introduces himself: " It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England! "

I could go on. But the world of Calradia is clearly and historically accurate.

Yes im racist because im wanting there to be looks based on culture. *rolls eyes*

May i suggest you adjust your display settings ? :shock:

Aserai = bedouin/arabic culture&appearance and they fit.
Khuzait = mongol/steppe culture&appearance and they fit

Are you a troll? :wink:

But i do aggree that they could be more culture related look. Some are just too basic.

What i want (so beatiful and realistic <3)
latest

What others want who watched to much hollywood

You guys are all historians now i see :xf-wink:

Well in my opinion... The world of calradia is clearly and obviously based around the world of star wars. When the time daenerys targaryen invaded mordor, Her and voldemort
You the player started out arriving in narnia on the back of a cart with a horse theif. You were captured by the space marines, Slowly being taken to meet the GOD EMPEROR himself.
But in the middle of your travels, You were saved by Shrek and donkey. On your way to Camelot, You encounter a man, Jumping with a trusty servant clapping coconuts together. He introduces himself: " It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England! "

I could go on. But the world of Calradia is clearly and historically accurate.

:lol::lol::lol:
You made my day :wink:

What others want who watched to much hollywood

I think we all agree this is armor is not needed here :wink: (bad joke i know)

Yes, we really need black transgender knights with female squires. Leave your PC nonsense for elsewhere...

Not very good joke.

And personally i much prefer woman in first picture but that is iire

I agree with this 100%.

If someone thinks its good policy that all factions should have mix of all cultures, then there should be "flawed" factions aka factions where that is not the case. Its terrible faction design if every single one of them does things the "right" way, regardless of what the issue in question is. If there is slavery, some factions should have it and others not etc etc, there should be no universal policy that every faction accepts. Flaws can add a lot of character. So i would be fine with some politically correct factions and some which are the opposite.
Cultural conflicts of all kind could add lot to this game, though its not terribly important either and there definetly are lot of other things that need to be done first.
Do all factions start with mixed culture though? before the last 2 patches lords switch factions as soon as their native faction starts to get rolled and you see that mix, as for NPCs in towns well people move around and towns have their native culture regardless of who owns it.

Get the feeling you're baiting here, so I'll be gentle and just say open your ****ing eyes, two of the five factions are full of non-whites. The only real complaint someone can have here is that too many of the Khuzaits look like vikings. Another reality check for you. Culture and race aren't the same ****ing thing. Even just in America, the white people in Chicago act way different than the white people in Alabama. The black people in New York don't see the world exactly the same way as the black people in Louisiana. Effect's even more obvious when you're talking Scotland vs. Spain.

But come on. This was posted on April 1. Even I ain't fooled by this.

The game is clearly inspired by Anatolia's rich history. Even were it non-fiction, it would make sense most characters would be white. Anatolia was Scythian/Celtic/Greek/Roman for most of it's history up to that point, with heavy Persian influences of course.

If we're going to use history as precedent, then the game is modeled on a period of time during which Anatolia was the cosmopolitan crossroads that linked the global trade of three continents. Late Roman Anatolia had deep ties, both economic and cultural, with North Africa and Abyssinia. While it's true that the majority of "imperial" citizens would have had a tan Mediterranean complexion which some might code as "white", it's also true that people of colour would have constituted a visible minority, especially in major cities and towns. Calradia is NOT 15th century Poland. It's 7-10th century Eastern Rome.

Furthermore, as the Aserai represent the early Islamic expansion, then without question, its faction should include people of colour. While Arabs represented the ruling class and dominant culture of early Islam, the armies of the Prophet included people from all over (again) North Africa and Abyssinia. In fact, Abyssinia was the first non-Arabic region to embrace Islam, with one of its kings, Armah of Aksum, converting to the faith during the lifetime of the Prophet (PBUH), having accepted Muslim missionaries into his court almost a decade before the Hijrah (i.e. at least two decades before the start of the Islamic wars of conquest).

Every NPC you meet should first ask you your pronouns!

It would be easier to have pronoun selection occur once, during character creation.

Complete bull**** topic, the only companions in the game so far are Sturgian with a few Empire and Battanian in the mix. I'm sure when the Aserai companions are added you will get your diversity, but no chicks with dicks bro. /Thread

the facial expression and generation is pretty bad not going to lie. Especially since they all have their mouths open like their suffering from down syndrome or something definitely equip the wife with a full closed helm on before you give her the with child treatment.

I mean seriously my choices of spouse is ugly or even uglier. Dont get me started on every male(edit: and female) NPC regardless of factional culture looking either like a old grizzly white dude or young grumpy white dude.

Wheres our cultural diversity?

Just FYI, im white.

I believe the desert people in the south are middle eastern, and for the rest of the population, they're modelled after medieval European factions. I'm not saying that's ideal. I'd prefer if medieval Japan was represented. But that's the answer to your question.

Back
Top Bottom