PIN: List of profitable workshop locations

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok guys, since so many people posting about the same question, why dont we list out towns that are producing high profits and what workshop youre using.

Other people try the same location and shop and see if numbers are the same.

List so far -
Battania - Pen Cannoc - Pottery - 300+
Battania - Marunath - Pottery - 300+
Battania - Marunath - Brewery - 200+
Battania - Ortysia - Jeweller - 400+
Battania - Ortysia - Pottery - 250+
Empire - Danustica - Pottery Shop - 500+
Empire - Poros - Pottery Shop - 600+ [Not working for some]
Empire - Zeonica - Brewery - 300+
Empire - Lycaron - Pottery - 300+
Empire - Phycaon - Brewery - 200+
Empire - Epicrotea - smithy - 400
Empire - Epicrotea - Brewery - 350
Empire - Rhotae - Brewery - 300+
Empire - Rhotae - Linen - 200+
Empire - Jalmarys - Pottery - 900+ [Not replicated this outcome]
Empire - Jalmarys - Pottery - 350+
Empire - Amitatys - Brewery - 400+
Vlandia - Pravend - Brewery - 200+
Vlandia - Ocs Hall - Pottery - 300+

Last edited:
Epicrotea smithy got me 400 roughly after the workshops were fixed, but it took about 4 months for it to reach there, it grew a bit in the start, and then grew a bit more later.

Place a pottery shop in phoros
It's earning me up to 600 a day
Also a brewery in epicrotea is earning me 350ish a day

Good tip for everyone: look at what raw materials are cheap and what finished products are expensive. If you have a combo cheap raw + expensive finished, it's a definite GO for a workshop that produces this.

Place a pottery shop in phoros
It's earning me up to 600 a day
Also a brewery in epicrotea is earning me 350ish a day

Good tip for everyone: look at what raw materials are cheap and what finished products are expensive. If you have a combo cheap raw + expensive finished, it's a definite GO for a workshop that produces this.
I tried testing that trick but doesnt seem to be reliable too since sometimes the cheap high volume raw material are not locally produced. Im guessing caravans have a role so maybe setting up a caravan in the same workshop town is beneficial?

Last edited:
I tried testing that trick but doesnt seem to be reliable too since sometimes the cheap high volume raw material are not locally produced. Im guessing caravans have a role so maybe setting up a caravan in the same workshop town is beneficial?
It may be the case,there's a ton of cities with a lot of grain and expensive beer and the income on a lot of those cities with a brewery is pretty lame.
The best workshops I've had are potteries on the Battanian cities,can't remember right now but I think they were at Pen Cannoc and Marunath (500~700 each on 1.04)

In theory, what should work is:
Town #1 produces a high amount of Grain, low amount of Beer
Town #2 doesn't have high amounts of Grain nor of Beer
Set up Beer Brewery in Town #1 and a Caravan from #1 to #2.

True, but does anyone know what determines what the caravan does? It's simply price and offer right? You can't tell them fetch cheap goods, because they won't get a lot of money for that.

I'm guessing that today, they'll probably fetch a lot of food, as in my game all the food is expensive now.

Gets even more complicated when you start building workshops in a city you own. I just can't work out all the factors affecting the output. It can vary so much without any explanation as to why.

The resolution might be as simple as having a more detailed breakdown of income and trade. I have a feeling the workshop and trade system is pretty much working as intended, but the game's simply not doing a great job of informing the player

Have someone found good Vlandian towns to get workshops?

On the other hand, how can I exactly know which raw materials my workshop will consume to create final products?

On the other hand, how can I exactly know which raw materials my workshop will consume to create final products?

Not sure about Vlandian towns but for the materials if you walk around the town and talk to the shop owner, when you change the production or buy, he'll give you the details once you have selected a workshop type.

Last edited:

I have a brewery in Pravend and it makes more than 200 denars consistently and once hit 300. I have a pottery shop in Ocs Hall that makes about the same.

Not that is matters but I purchased the carpentry shop for my brewery and the tannery for my pottery shop. Neither of those shops made any sense considering the lack of raw materials.

One bit of wierdness in Ocs Hall... there is a floating pottery shop sign hanging in mid air near the tannery. It looks like someone deleted a shop and forgot to remove the sign and the torch that is next to it.

Most importantly, look what the villages produce that are around the city of choice. If lots of grain then go for a brewery, if lots of clay then go for a pottery, if some silver mines then go for jewelry, and so on.

Sadly we can't supply the workshops with captured raw materials for free, which is a flaw that should be fixed.

My brewery in Rhotae does pretty well. Much better than my brewery in Pravend. (the brewery in Pravend does okay.) I honestly can't see any reason for the difference though. I built a pottery shop in Ocs Hall that that did really well.

I bought the vintner (wine press) in Galend and that was a huge mistake. It did really poorly despite the availability of cheap grapes. I bought the existing smitty in Rovalt and that was a stinker as well. I bought an existing wood working shop once and that was pretty bad too. I am beginning to think that buying an active business is actually a bad idea. At least it seems to be when I do it.

Back
Top Bottom