It has not been 8 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Dude you're playing game come on you're killing your brain while playing it. LOL
That is incorrect fine sir. It has been proven that you can actively engage you brain enourmously with games and the thinking required especially with strategic games.. With a lot of games your brains are in overload, one of the reasons why some people have difficulty sleeping while playing games because you brains are active a lot even if you don't notice it yourself.. Oh and the light offcourse

But did you know that precursor of Homo Sapians most likely found their way out of the jungle by playing with sticks and stones.

Just to clear up some misconceptions, it has not been 8 years in devolopment. TaleWorlds has restarted multiple times throughout the devolopment phase to build their own engine,

The engine was functional in around 2013, only a year after the announcement. If there was no engine at that point they wouldn't be able to take screenshots. I also don't see any evidence that they had to remake the entire engine from scratch again.

Game engines, contrary to common belief, are fairly straightforward to make, especially nowadays. I've seen game engines made by individual coders in a matter of months. They're all more or less the same.
What takes a lot longer in game development is the early prototype phase where they're testing how to even structure the game mechanics and turn raw mathematics into feedback and gameplay.
This gets even harder if the development team is large, because what takes milliseconds to do in one person's brain might take days and hours of meetings in a team of 100+.

That is incorrect fine sir. It has been proven that you can actively engage you brain enourmously with games and the thinking required especially with strategic games.. With a lot of games your brains are in overload, one of the reasons why some people have difficulty sleeping while playing games because you brains are active a lot even if you don't notice it yourself.. Oh and the light offcourse
Yes you will improve your brain skills while learning how to couch a lance right?

Yes you will improve your brain skills while learning how to couch a lance right?
Dear friend Brogomir...

Just to say 1 more thing I just found out that I singlehandedly found out about the biggest bug (IMO) currently plagueing the game and today the solution was mentioned in the latest post which was almost identically as i described in my post... see my link Link to major game break post

This gives me great satisfaction

It's all by engaging your brain in ways you haven't before and trying to figure out the clockwork behind the machine.

Be that as it may, restarting development of the same project counts as time spent on the project.

I mean, if I was given a task by my boss that was projected to take 3 weeks, at week 2 I realized I needed to redo my research/ground work/basics/etc., and told my boss I will have to restart, that's still my problem.

In other words, it still took Taleworlds eight years to release Bannerlord as an Early Access. No excuse.
They don´t need to excuse anything. These arbitrary time limits consumers are setting for developers are part of the reason why we´re being flooded with unfinished titles dressed as full releases (Battlefield 5, Fallout 76, Breakpoint and so on). We know already know that time spent in development is a useless metric to gauge whether a game will be good or not (see The Witcher 3 and Duke Nukem Forever). Let the developers use the time they need whether it be 3 or 8 years. It´s ultimately better for us and the developers themselves.

The big problem I got with TW and the whole Bannerlord story in the past years is the lack of properly communicating stuff.

I'm proudly part of another longlasting Early Access game that's called Project Zomboid. They had/have their share of **** hitting the fan and many complete redones like the recently in testing released animation revamp. The Thing that they are doing damn right though is communicating to the players.

So if TW was and is way more open to the community and actively engaging us the current EA state would be bearable. Right now the game is a good Framework but apart from that it's nothing.

They've updated it substantially with every game. Saying it's the "same engine" is like saying that a car is just a lump of iron ore. The engine Bethesda uses actually dates back to the 1990s, but they've made so many changes that to call it the same engine is just silly. The engine Fallout 76 uses has more lighting options than Unreal Engine, for example.

What makes Bethesda games so buggy and half-baked isn't their engine (which is perfectly fine by the way), it's their amateurish and lazy way of completing projects. They were one of the first companies to hire mostly inexperienced graduates and throw them into these hugely ambitious projects en masse and hope it all worked out. Which, incidentally, is what seems to have happened with Bannerlord.

What I am seeing right now is that, TaleWorlds know about their problems with Bannerlord but instead of talking to the community they are fixing it themselves without concern of us. They have already the goal of helping the game up, they should, everyday new Patch a little or a minor one but still they are doing something step by step, but what I hope more of it is the communication between them, the Developers, with us, the ccmmunity.

In other words, it still took Taleworlds eight years to release Bannerlord as an Early Access. No excuse.
Why do these need an excuse? They are not beholden to anyone to release the game sooner just because we wish it. Correct me if I'm wrong but did they ever make a commitment to release the game on a certain date and then later renege on it?

Think what you will about the game being early access after 8 years, but they didn't mislead anyone about what we were going to be getting.

Talesworld also warned all of us on the steam store page encouraging us to wait for full release if we want a finished game.

Back
Top Bottom