Users who are viewing this thread

I played with auto block enabled in Warband for the last 10 years. At first I was disappointed it had been removed in Bannerlord, but then I thought, you know, maybe it's for the best. Now I'm relearning how to block with 2H weapons and am enjoying the extra challenge it provides.

Made an account after reading this entire thread to point out that everyone making the "git gud kid" argument doesn't give a **** about disabled people, and that y'all should be embarrassed. Try some empathy on for size.

I have a disability called osteogenesis imperfecta, and while it doesn't affect my ability to play this game, I have lots of friends that DO have disabilities that affect their ability to play games like this, and a few of them play Warband and refunded Bannerlord because it was literally unplayable for them without autoblock. People with disabilities are the largest minority group in the US, making up 26% of the population, 14% have mobility issues. Having accessibility options is always good, and will bring more people into the game. Stop thinking of auto-block as an "EZ babby mode", and start thinking about it as an accessibility setting. None of y'all would be saying this **** if this thread was about asking for a colorblind mode instead. You should support features that will get more people to buy and enjoy the game, not throw a fit about it or get mad at people who aren't having fun for...not having fun? Enjoying things differently than you do? Being unable to play the game because of physical limitations? Honestly there's really no defense unless people were asking for it to be added in multiplayer, which literally nobody is doing.

I always played Warband with autoblock since I started playing the game like 9 or 10 years ago. Not because I was bad, but because it was simply more fun for me to play with it on. Warband was always a power fantasy game for me, which is why I never got into MP. I don't care about having 1337 SKILLZ, I don't care about becoming a master swordsman in a single player game. If that was the kind of experience I was looking for, I'd just boot up Mordhau and play on a duel server instead. M&B has never been about being a top-tier elite Gamer. Taleworlds should add autoblock, if only because they're missing out on sales from lots of disabled people that would like to play the game but can't due to mobility issues.

I'm sure one of the "git gud, use a shield" trolls will be along shortly to tell you that your disability isn't a good excuse to put autoblock, literally the default option in the last 5 M&B titles, back in the game. And then try to tell you that you're toxic for even asking.

Maybe you were also expecting "Mount and Blade: Autoplay". The game is easy enough as it is. Levels are a balancing factor.

For the people who can't stop patronizing old people/ people with disabilities, for their argument against people not caring about autoblock much, to which they equate to saying "Git Gud":

News Flash: People with disabilities can enjoy the game without autoblock just fine. ? And so can old people.? Stop jumping on the bandwagon and just put this issue to rest. ?

Should autoblock be in Bannerlord? Yes✔
Can you play around it? Yes✔
Should you cry on forums? No❌
Should you talk for anyone besides yourself? No ❌
Should you refund the game for that single issue? That is up to you?

Maybe you were also expecting "Mount and Blade: Autoplay". The game is easy enough as it is. Levels are a balancing factor.

For the people who can't stop patronizing old people/ people with disabilities, for their argument against people not caring about autoblock much, to which they equate to saying "Git Gud":

News Flash: People with disabilities can enjoy the game without autoblock just fine. ? And so can old people.? Stop jumping on the bandwagon and just put this issue to rest. ?

"Should you talk for anyone besides yourself? No"

And yet here you are insisting that you're speaking for everyone with a disability, insisting they can all find a way to play without autoblock regardless of what their disability actually is. Self awareness isn't your strong point, is it?

News Flash: Not everyone with a disability can play the game just fine, otherwise there'd be far fewer people asking for autoblock back.

Read what I typed, then reply again. I never said I don't want auto-block back and I don't agree with your exagerated argument.

My argument is that it is not essential nor necessary for regular play.

You wanna play with cheats on? Those are in the game and make you 100x easier. I play with cheats sometimes, I admit it. I don't think not having autoblock hinders you in a way that would affect anyone.

Taking that argument and slapping a "but disabled people" or "but old people" tag to it is way worse.

I speak for myself though, I never brought that up, it was you who did. Except I did mention my old father having a blast on Bannerlord, besides the bugs and crashes. I just replied to your dishonest "disabled people" comment ?

Why would I not say anything about it on the forums? That's asinine. It's in early access. If we want to have any chance of the feature returning, we would have to speak now?

Why would I not say anything about it on the forums? That's asinine. It's in early access. If we want to have any chance of the feature returning, we would have to speak now?

You can ask for autoblock just fine without labeling it an "essential feature" or saying the game is unplayable without it. It's plain wrong chief. The disabled/elderly argument is also unfair and a logical falacy at that.

Two things:

1. Auto-block is probably a great addition for new players and those that desire a more relaxed experience. Imo it's in the same line like player and ally damage reduction and faster map speed. It should be entirely optional, but it should be there.

2. It's admirable that a lot of you seem to plead passionately for this particular feature. Unfortunately some other users in this thread cannot accept the debate of an established franchise option. You're free to complain about such a feature if it were mandatory, but that one would even assume that is laughable, because it would obviously eliminate one of the core challenges in M&B gameplay.
It is generally fine to disagree, but if you cannot do that respectfully and by providing arguments for your perspective, maybe reconsider and put your point forward once you have something credible to say without talking down to your fellow players.
Consider this a friendly warning to dial down the hostility.

Respect, kindness and avoiding personal insults are in fact the foundation for a healthy discussion. I am on the side of adding auto-block as a feature but I wouldn't go so far to insult and be dishonest to anyone who disagrees with that opinion. ?

Read what I typed, then reply again. I never said I don't want auto-block back and I don't agree with your exagerated argument.

My argument is that it is not essential nor necessary for regular play.

You wanna play with cheats on? Those are in the game and make you 100x easier. I play with cheats sometimes, I admit it. I don't think not having autoblock hinders you in a way that would affect anyone.

Taking that argument and slapping a "but disabled people" or "but old people" tag to it is way worse.

I speak for myself though, I never brought that up, it was you who did. Except I did mention my old father having a blast on Bannerlord, besides the bugs and crashes. I just replied to your dishonest "disabled people" comment ?

A screen bigger than 5 inches isn't NEEDED for play. Speakers aren't NEEDED for play. Good FPS isn't NEEDED for play. Save Files aren't NEEDED for play. Graphics options aren't NEEDED for play. All of those sure as heck make it more fun for those it matter to though.

The whole "just grab a shield" argument in and of itself is pretty bonkers to me. Tell you what as soon as I can use a shield in civilian mode, or they add in a 5th slot I'll be sure to get right on that.

You can ask for autoblock just fine without labeling it an "essential feature" or saying the game is unplayable without it. It's plain wrong chief. The disabled/elderly argument is also unfair and a logical falacy at that.
I'm not saying it's unplayable without it -- I'm saying it's not fun. For me and thousands of others.

Glad we cleared that up.

Again, what we need here is a developer response. This debate accomplishes nothing. The setting would be client side/single player only. Adding the option back in would not impact the experience of someone who likes manual block and chooses to play that way.

I cannot imagine why they would remove it, especially considering it was the *default option* of all of their other games. I would just like to know if it will be returning as it will directly affect whether I choose to buy the game or not.

A screen bigger than 5 inches isn't NEEDED for play. Speakers aren't NEEDED for play. Good FPS isn't NEEDED for play. Save Files aren't NEEDED for play. Graphics options aren't NEEDED for play. All of those sure as heck make it more fun for those it matter to though.

The whole "just grab a shield" argument in and of itself is pretty bonkers to me. Tell you what as soon as I can use a shield in civilian mode, or they add in a 5th slot I'll be sure to get right on that.

I have to say the latest patch improved my performance a bunch. But that first part is apples to oranges. Can't really compare autoblock reliably to any of those.

I agree with that shield part. Civilian clothes are kinda dumb a shield is less of a weapon than a sword, yet I can carry a sword but not a shield in town ?

I'm not saying it's unplayable without it -- I'm saying it's not fun. For me and thousands of others.

Glad we cleared that up.
YES. Now imagine we all said it like this. I agree that it is in fact more fun in warband with autoblock.

Civilian clothes are kinda dumb a shield is less of a weapon than a sword, yet I can carry a sword but not a shield in town ?
From a historic perspective it makes sense though: Carrying a sidearm was a civil right, or rather privilege. Take that, and how cumbersome walking around with a shield all day is, and you get the logic. It does make the battles in civilian settings more difficult though.

Also: There's an Edit-function, no need to double post :wink:

News Flash: People with disabilities can enjoy the game without autoblock just fine.

I literally just said in this thread that there are people that can't. I know them. Because I have lots of disabled friends. Because I'm disabled. Don't speak for me or a community you don't belong to.

It doesn't make the game unplayable.

It does for some people whose hands are affected by muscular dystrophy. Your experience in life is not the same as everybody else's.

So I brought this game the moment it was available, planning to make a character focused on 2h weapons on foot.
I have autism, and a part of that for me is that my brain has difficulty parsing relative direction. My brain literally can not tell the difference between an enemy to my right swinging right>left and left>right without taking the time to centre them in my FOV.
For me automatic block direction is akin to colourblind mode. And it's gone.
Imagine for a moment, a sequel to a franchise suddenly removed colourblind mode because 'that's not the intended colour palette' - that's why I'm mad.

Back
Top Bottom