Can we please recruit our own culture's troops when taking over a castle?

Users who are viewing this thread

This has always been such a pain in previous titles. If I am the Empire and take a Battanian settlement, just let me recruit Empire soldiers. It only serves to inconvenience the player making us travel back to the homeland to recruit, and makes our new settlement feel like its at a disadvantage. I was a bit disappointed to see this is still in the game.

The AI always cheated in previous titles and could recruit their own soldiers regardless of what culture the settlement was, I'm not 100% sure if its the same or not here, but from what I can tell its the same.

This has always been such a pain in previous titles. If I am the Empire and take a Battanian settlement, just let me recruit Empire soldiers. It only serves to inconvenience the player making us travel back to the homeland to recruit, and makes our new settlement feel like its at a disadvantage. I was a bit disappointed to see this is still in the game.

The AI always cheated in previous titles and could recruit their own soldiers regardless of what culture the settlement was, I'm not 100% sure if its the same or not here, but from what I can tell its the same.
Even when you colonized a land their origin remains.

I have always thought that there should be a system of cultural conversion, but it should take a long time unless you try to do it by force, but you could receive rebellions

I mean it makes sense somewhat since people's cultures don't just instantly changed because they were conquered. A culture conversion mechanic would be an interesting feature though.

I mean it makes sense somewhat since people's cultures don't just instantly changed because they were conquered. A culture conversion mechanic would be an interesting feature though.
Yea I see your point, but when you take over a culture you don't keep equipping the people you levy from that settlement in their traditional garb. Stupid reference but, when the Romans took over the Egyptians did they keep letting them wear rice sacks as underwear? No, they had standard auxiliary equipment for everyone.

It isn't changing culture though, it is just equipment and training. You are telling me you can't recruit people of a different ethnic group and train them to fight like your own men? The Romans did this all the time.

Ninja'd, oh well, still:
It doesn't make that much sense for them to go around scavenging for their original kingdom's equipment while the warehouses are full of weapons. They don't need to be Imperial citizens for five generations to go to war as Battanians dressed up in Imperial gear and whipped into shape by Imperial trainers.

I hoped for some more interesting mechanics regarding that to be in, but if it would come down to 0-1 choice between 'native' recruits and ones coming from owners culture, I'd prefer the latter, even if it was with a malus.

Okay yeah I see the merit in that then. It would mean you wouldn't be able to recruit a factions units though once that faction has been defeated. That wouldn't matter if you're only using your own factions troops though.

age of pendor had this, hugely dissapointed bannerlord doesn't do this in any way. In age of pendor you still had a 25% chance or something to recruit original faction, the other 75% was the faction you picked.

Some mods to Warband had the option to convert settlements although it wasn't cheap. Would love to see something similar in Bannerlord. Just making the culture change immediately could lead to faction specific troops being erradicated from the map when a kingdom is defeated, so it would have to require an active player choice rather than happening automatically.

Back
Top Bottom