Modding Inspiration Thread (Brainstorm with me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Addition of plate armor, halberds, cannon, and muskets. Early Renaissance ****. Via a tech tree.

These would either be slowly unlocked at specific years in the game, or factions would have to build buildings in their towns and actively research them in order to contribute to their discovery. Ability to toggle on/off whether or not you want a certain tech to be researchable (so you wouldn’t be forced to play with muskets at the end of a 500 year long game).

but tbh I’d rather it be an official expansion. Just some mechanic that lets our nations feel like they’re evolving. Probably out of scope for a hack and slash rpg, but a boy can dream

index.jpg

Full body plate armor would counter everything prior to the invention of guns except lance attacks from horseback. Then guns counter the heavy full plate armor. It works, but you'd have to limit the number of full plate armor and gun units with resources like steel and niter/gunpowder.

Now that we have the dynasty system, it is feasible and worthwhile to implement something like this in a DLC or mod. Essentially combining warband and L'aigle after for a 500-1000 year play through, if you really wanted to do something like this.

Last edited:
I personally really just want the ability to enlist in a lords' army haha. Aside from that, a Napoleonic Wars multiplayer mod could mean a revival of the regiment events which were always fun - could help grow the community as well!

I personally really just want the ability to enlist in a lords' army haha. Aside from that, a Napoleonic Wars multiplayer mod could mean a revival of the regiment events which were always fun - could help grow the community as well!
That was a great way to start a playthrough in Warband's mod, I hope we can do that in native Bannerlord

I would be interessted in some heavy Fantasie Mod. I wonder if it will be "easy" to create an Magic system. In Warband it was only possible with either work arounds by throwing items and some better system had some script which where you could use magic from an Menu.

Beside that, Rifles and Muskets would be great :grin: 16th Century Calradia.

I always see people wanting native set in Bannerlord, but why not let Bannerlord go into the Native age after a couple hundred years, especially with the dynasty system this could work great. The armours, castles etc. update accordingly

Slings? They were in Viking Conquest and it seems like a good weapon for lower class units like rabble.

Another idea could be small quality of life type mods like being able to rename custom weapons (if you can’t already) and other such things.
Without modding tools modders will be limited in what they can accomplish easily and thus I think it’s better to start smaller rather than larger.

I personally really just want the ability to enlist in a lords' army haha.

I like the idea of being a common soldier in service to a lord, but in the WB mods that have done it, it's always incredibly boring. You attach yourself to a lord's party and then the game becomes a fastforward map staring simulator with the occasional rare skirmish or battle, effectively not letting you play the game. I suppose the boredom reflects actual marching around or standing around garrisoning a fort, but that's hardly entertaining game play.

I'd like to see this done so that upon joining an army you are made member of a unit, say, 5-10 men with names and personalities and then the lord sends your unit on missions like foraging, reconnaissance, tax collection, bandit hunting or just guarding a bridge. Even fairly mundane military tasks can serve as the setting for an interesting quest with RP possibilities. If the lord's party actually goes into action then you'd fight with the guys in your unit, who might get hurt or die. If the lord's army is defeated, you could choose to desert with your remaining friends, who then become your companions.

Of course this would take a lot of work for what I imagine is a pretty niche desire so it's likely to remain a wish unfulfilled.

I like the idea of being a common soldier in service to a lord, but in the WB mods that have done it, it's always incredibly boring.

I disagree. I recognise how it can be quite boring and it is definitely up to individual taste, but I enjoy it quite a bit. I find it fun as a start, to enlist in a lord's army (if they're at war, mind you) and level up through taking part in fights, then leaving once you've leveled up enough.

I'd like to see this done so that upon joining an army you are made member of a unit, say, 5-10 men with names and personalities and then the lord sends your unit on missions like foraging, reconnaissance, tax collection, bandit hunting or just guarding a bridge. Even fairly mundane military tasks can serve as the setting for an interesting quest with RP possibilities. If the lord's party actually goes into action then you'd fight with the guys in your unit, who might get hurt or die. If the lord's army is defeated, you could choose to desert with your remaining friends, who then become your companions.

I agree this might be very fun, and doable with the new captain mechanics. I suppose the key issue here is that what you described is very similar to being a small party doing quests for a lord. Nevetheless would be cool if a mod came with this feature! I am very much looking forward to mods with a sergeant feature, whereby you can command a certain section of a lord's army.

Small mod addons would be;

Political map mod: Adds a political map, if there is none in native Bannerlord.
Advanced diplomacy mod: Adds lots of political influence tools, such as using assassination, using enemy lord's wife/husband to persuade him/her, being able to talk with other lords' children to get a good relation with them so friendship with those clans will be guaranteed in future, deep bribery system where merchant playthrough will let player do as many thing as one could do with military playthrough, Senate (where we need to interact with a dozen or so senate members if government type of faction is senate) etc. Factions will be able to become tributary of another faction after a war, until they rebel and win against overlord faction.
Family dispute mod: Adds possible war within clan if there are more than one children in family and one of them disagrees with other one's rule.

Total conversion mod idea;
legion.jpg

Like Floris to Bannerlord? Okay, so mod who adds advanced diplomacy and laws options, for example: tax settings, ban or restriction to weapons for peasants etc.

Political map mod: Adds a political map, if there is none in native Bannerlord.

+1 Political map
Besides a political map I think it would be pretty cool to have borders in the map. So you could see which faction's land you are currently in.
This could also have extra functions. Like if you attack an Aserai caravan in Empire lands, your relationship with Aserai and Empire would deteriorate. (assuming Empire and Aserai aren't in war with each other)

Another map related idea I have is hiring someone to draw a map of Calradia. You start with an empty canvas, as you travel between cities and towns. map gets filled. Map quality would depend on your cartographer's skill.
Technically this is kinda meaningless since you can see all city names when you zoom out. But maybe it could be accessible while talking with NPCs, diplomacy screens etc.

Mutually exclusive perks.
You could even do a hokuto no ken mod: you add unarmed skills and with mutually exclusive perks you can choose which school you want to learn.

Hybrid weapons. We already have bastard weapons (two handed/one handed, polearm/two handed, throwin/one handed) just add more for example bow/one handed or polearm/shield and stuff like that....not very useful on vanilla but could be funny for mods.

Being four legged. You have four legs, you fight unarmed but also you can charge enemy at foot like a horse.

I'm going to take a bath and meditade for 20 min, I'll come back with the most creative mod idea you guys have ever seen,
see you guys soon...

edit: I came back, prepare thyself...for my original idea is: a game of thrones mod.

feel free to please applaud

Damn, that has to be the best idea ever. But you know what also would be great?
A Lord of the Rings mod.
We really are brilliant.

Stronghold Mod inspired by the game Stronghold & Stronghold Crusader.

Making your own Castle and a troop roster like how it is in Captain mode. Kinda like Persistent World except it involves building and destroying castles.

Buildings are styled based on Faction and of course troop types.

Back
Top Bottom