Micro transaction for bannerlord. hope it's not true.

Users who are viewing this thread

B_hFq.gif

:wink:

They told that they are currently not working on microtransactions but they think it's a good idea to fund multiplayer in the future.

The problem with skins are after a while skins get incredibly stupid. I don't want to see santa hats in a battle.

The only way I could accept mtx in the game is the case in which user created content enter some kind of skin/cosmetic creation competition, and then the player could purchase this winning creation, funding both taleworlds and the creator. Even this case bothers me, cause the implementation of a mtx system completely undermines the capabilities and intergration of mod tools (why pay for something that you can create yourself? what if taleworlds doesn't give you all the tools?)

I sincerely don't see how this matters. Skins are an incredibly superficial part of the gameplay. The overwhelming majority of people wouldn't even spend money on that kind of thing, and if you do, whatever man do what you want.

At least they're not locking parts of the actual gameplay behind a paywall like god damn CA

If this is true, i don't want microtransactions, i want to play the full game without the guy running around in the battlefield with the fancy armor paid with real money. It would'nt be Mount & Blade, M&B doesn't do that. DLCs are the answer, the profit is good and the fanbase increases which means more profit.

Let's just hope that these are only rumors and the "Locked" category is actually a shop that includes buyable items with in-game currency, i wanna be optimistic.

Also, keep in mind that this thread was made because the community cares about the game (not saying that you don't), just because they disagree with you that doesn't mean they're automatically getting mad at you. Let's all just calm down for a moment.

Which was a good policy when it forced the few (one) server to remove restrictions to higher tier weapons/armor in a persistent server, as well as removing the cap of certain functions within their self-created mod (a bit more questionable). But it also gave up cosmetic donations for the rest of the servers, out of which some still go against the terms (terms which hasn't properly been stated for the NW DLC for example). Meanwhile we in the NRP server now allow for all of our players to swap their hat (hat simulator 2019) and spawn a cup of tea, as well as do basic animations such as sit and huzzah.

So if this would be the case it'd feel like TaleWorlds beat the sh#t out of dedicated public servers freedom in Warband to monopolize the future multi-player scene in Bannerlord with micro-transactions.

Last edited:
That's exactly what we should be pushing for. DLC is way better then MTX. Since we know the potential bannerlord HAS for dlc, they can cover so much unlike other games. They could make thousands of dlc with the freedom the game has.

I just wouldn't understand the reasoning. If at all, in any case, mod tools will allow for the creation of models, how hard would it be to simply import models from the community(aka free content) that will no doubt be superior to whatever Bannerlord has to offer further down the line?

Believe me, I'm not saying the devs are some terrible modellers, just that so far a lot of the fan-made creations blow out their counterparts of the base game imo. I just hope they don't take Bethesda's creation club concept. Why pay for(imo) inferior armour skins when I can import better ones from the fanbase?

Would skins microtransactions be multiplayer only? That's where it makes the most sense, I think.
They could make micro-transactions in single player too like an additional faction - or would that be a mini dlc? I'm fine with that.

This isn’t about “not wanting to fund the devs/ support them”. DLC is just more worth your time and money in the long run. Let’s see how it actually is when it’s implemented

hmmm so the freedom to profit from your labor and work on the projects and sources of income you see fit is baffling and stupid to you, noted
yes because it demotivates the devs to work further on their game since there is no need for motivation on further improving the game with dlcs since they already earn **** load of money from the skin you voluntarily will buy from the marketplace

Back
Top Bottom