The Modelling Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Nah, I don't think so. He's had the flu for a while, so modding is probably the last thing on his mind.

ok then... i'll upload another zip file in core ftp then.

edit : uploaded :wink:

edit 2 after a day or so... : I'll start working on infantry armor. An idea popped into my head during boring lectures.

edit 3 : a sneak peak at the new illorioan infantry armor. 1174 tris

armor1-8.jpg

armor1-9.jpg

most likely mid tier. Ur average zealot grunt would get plate yes, but it would look like an incomplete set of plate armor (missing greave or shoulder pad, bracers?) and they would not be given any chain mail at all. Thus revealing some flesh. As i see it though  :grin:

Nice! I agree with the missing-component look for their armour. It makes them look battle-worn.

No time to do anything too complex right now.

You know, exams.

2yv55w8.png

Demon armor needs rigging so it will take some time.

I havent been active for quite a while, because Ive been working on our own mod, but here is what I have to offer
Only bow is new, two weapons are just for comparsion

weapons5.jpg

Do you like it, and want me to make animations for it too, or you dont want it ? 950 tris...

same here... we should really go ahead with this bow... make it the elite bow... can u make a lower tris one for lower tier members, sry for being dead, unit exam's juz a few days away...

How low do you want me to go with poly count ? I can get somewhere around 750 tris with minor loss of detail, but on other hand, i can keep it like this, and make 4 lods

for normal troops (recruit -> defender) would u make them a basic twig bow? in the range of <500 tris.

Thx.... Lod's would be welcomed, so that the planelords wun be as laggy as the ferons.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
for normal troops (recruit -> defender) would u make them a basic twig bow? in the range of <500 tris.

Thx.... Lod's would be welcomed, so that the planelords wun be as laggy as the ferons.

In my gameplay, Planelords change from their distinctive purple shade to a more human coloured skin tone as the distance increases. Either some patchy mipmapping is going on here, or I'm starting to go colour blind.  :lol:

That would be sloppy work on my part. See, I changed their textures by simply modifying one of the face textures. Native obviously switches the textures as the distance increases.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Okay people my exams done so modding spree comes now *wheeeeeee*

and i'm gonna fail all my subjects so it'll be a repeat semester next sem *WHEEEEEEE*

Heh, finished those a while ago, now I'm off to a place without internet.

removed and edited

Textures for illorion infantry armor (1370 tris) done.

Some touch up and it's ready for rigging.

armor1-11.jpg

armor2-3.jpg

armor3-2.jpg

armor4-2.jpg

tell me what you think bout it. Since it's the first texture i made in ages.

and in the brf edit, it looks like an new born baby after some shader tips by Deon (kudos to the man who made my modding skills one notch higher)

armor1-12.jpg

rigging starts now

edit 2 : ****ing good news, wunderboy finally finished the .vta exporter for my version on 3dmax. This means bows, gloves, sword sheaths and quivers can finally be done.

Back
Top Bottom