The Modelling Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm using wings and ur stuff imports just fine, however i have not tried the new items yet. Maybe after i come back later.

edit : the staff works fine. I'll start working on it. @deon - that's because he did not map it yet, basically it's an untextured model. U need to import it into wings as brf edit would not support it.

edit 2 : since i have so many untextured model, i will not texture them until i finish fixing all of them. (and since the swords and daggers are using the same texture.)

finished fixing the druid's combat staff. Like the concept a lot. Had me confused there for a while until i studied your whole model. Then it was easier to fix the hardness after that.

staff1-1.jpg

Wheene, i got a problem with your second dagger model (the straight one). It appears to be an empty .obj file. Could you reupload? So now i'm working on the 'twig' saber :lol: Nice concept, mind if i muck around with it and see i can do with it?

However, i do have an idea for the lore of the twig swords. Supposely those swords and the staff blade are conjured out from nature (twigs, branches.) by druid magick. That means i would need to put the blade's texture to have a amber like tint. What do you think? Deon, i'm guessing you know amber. Fossilized resins. :lol:

Good work wheene, it seems that you have learned proper orientation and size. I like how your improving yourself so rapidly.

edit 3 : finished with the Saber of Nature. No change in design, just hardness. The twigs look odd for some reason but they fit the theme.

saber1.jpg

I'll start making some minotaur weapon's textures. Hope i have the motivation to finish it in one go.

I think I know whats so odd about branch sword... that part of branch to the left that is like cutted, Il try to make some nicer end for it and than send it again if I succes
here comes that dagger again, fixed size and orientation, and its not empty anymor :smile: http://rapidshare.com/files/231245223/butcherknife2.obj.html

Here is modified version of Natures blade, I thionk it looks much better now :smile: http://rapidshare.com/files/231248434/forestblade.obj.html

And as for your sleep, I though you have just woken up, and your gonna sleep again ? :grin:

I woke up early in the morning to attend to some business. It went whole morning and now i juz had lunch (although it's far too late for lunch) and i finished texturing the minotaur mallet.

Looking forward to the new design.

edit : finished tweaking the dagger... Here's a pic.

sword1-19.jpg

edit 2 : tweaking the forest blade would be time consuming. I guess time for my nap then. Wheene, you still got a more low poly staff, 3 bows to make (i'll figure something to make it animated, maybe borrow my friend's desktop for his older 3dsmax or something like that) and you could make helms and boots if you wish to.

wheene said:
strange, works fine for me... Are you using Wings ?

I just thought it's a finished model and tried to look at it in BRFEdit. 3ds max opens it without problems.

And cookie, it was normal map, not UVwrap problem for BRFEdit.

Here is kind of glaive made in same style as staff and sword were, 480 tris

http://rapidshare.com/files/231270450/Naturestaff.obj.html

EDIT : I was just wondering, do these guys Im making stuff for has some characteristical symbol ? something like that egyptian cross for Illorians ? It would help me al ot because I would have something to put on all they weapons to make them fit together

OK than Il see what I can do about it. And here comes next technical question, can we put flame or other particle effect directly on weapon ? like flame on end of stuff or so ?

As far as I remember, nobody did it, however it's possible to make a particle effect on event (i.e. on attack).

I thought that torches are hard-coded as stationary light effect with particle effect, however I haven't tried to actually look into it. Weapons with particle effects would be awesome.

Hmm. Kardio and I found a way to make a particle effect on arrows, say, once they're being fired. However, the item requires a reference point (location in the scene) which, unless there's a code to record wherever the sword goes to a fraction of a cm, the only way to put the particle effects on the weapon is by attaching it to an action, such as 'Attacking', as it registers the sword's location.

One interesting thing that happened back in the days of v.751 was when Yoshiboy made magic.

There was a glitch though. When you fired (say a fireball thingy) the particle effect was still lingering around the hand for the rest of the battle. So when you swung your sword, it left a flame trail.

So what you could do is have a magic spell which fortifies power attack by three, and it has the flame particle system attached to the hand, and so when your melee weapon is selected you could have a flaming sword/axe/glaive, or ect.

Or you could do what Elenmmare said.

Ive finaly found the morphs for bows in BRF so I made this
Its bow made of two horns sticked together. Bow has alredy all three morphs, but not carry animation yet, 600 tris

http://rapidshare.com/files/231666153/bow.rar.html

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
sorry wheene and deon, but i have to stop modding for a few days... family problem.

No worries. Hope its not a big issue - good luck buddy.

Same sh*t here. My son and wife are in a hospital now, a really bad case of catching cold. Let's wait till the weekend then, there we will shine :smile:.

Elen, I juz started playing talera again and i noticed two things.

1) The feron raider's axe (bronze one) is an outdated version... I remembered resizing it because the original looked like a horse slaying axe (So you guys implemented the giant version  :oops:)

2) the illoriaon longsword (the one with the ankh) is a screwed up .obj file, sticking together with another longsword i make, thus adding another uneeded model in it.

I'll already uploaded a .zip file (name : replacement and correction  :wink:) on core ftp for replacement for the upcoming patch.

Ps. I've sent a new mesh (new paladin bastard sword) to kardio. Did he gave you that together with the source codes?

Back
Top Bottom