Author Topic: Dev Blog 16/08/18  (Read 22575 times)

NPC99

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWBWF&SVC
Re: Dev Blog 16/08/18
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2018, 12:03:16 PM »
If multiplayer and single player is almost finished, it only means that they spend next two years finishing "custom battle".

We’ve seen lots of videos of custom battles. That would have been one of the first things completed if only for testing & balance purposes.

morgo

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2018, 12:58:15 PM »
This image reminded me Total War Games, i hope you guys make a good strategic map that includes diplomacy,trade with good animations.
Maybe, we can able to play Crusader Kings with battles!(I know this is too much  :lol:) Hype...

As for me, being a strategic ruler  always better than being a superb warlord of the calradia. :fruity:

Bannerlord_When?

• Regular
  • yeah dude
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: TSM_Leffen
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2018, 01:30:39 PM »
un grande por favor release-

Just kidding, nice blog. Overworld map looking crisp, good luck at Gamescom!  :mrgreen:
"Hopefully by the end of this year, or early 2017"

"Pretty soon, just doing finishing touches"
- Gamescom 2017

"We do not get funded by the government"
- Steam Forums

Benjamin Bones

• Veteran
  • Something must be done about Bannerlord's Banners!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »
Since Agent Orange (aka U.S. president #45) levied tariffs on Turkey the lira took a huge tumble... I wonder if that may slow development since Turkey's currency is a lot weaker  :?

BUT HOPEFULLY NOT!

Good luck at at Gamescom TW! I can't wait!!!
The only reason we die is because we accept it as an inevitability.

Arnulf Floyd

• Knight at Arms
  • Baron Adrian von Blackstein
    • Steam - Arnulf Floyd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2018, 03:01:20 PM »
I know as many want Bannerlord but all things must taken realistically as lacking of funds delaying development because Taleworlds lives only from Warband and mods unlike other companies as Paradox and CA
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,379533.msg9034700.html#new

Read my new brand AAR about rise of Frankish Empire in late 4th Century in a world decimated by famine, plague and chaos. Dark Ages are coming...

Victory loves prudence - Latin proverb

It is better live one day as a lion than hundred years as a sheep - Italian proverb

If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck - Athenogoras of Syracuse

Nikolai Ludovik

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2018, 03:09:20 PM »
I know as many want Bannerlord but all things must taken realistically as lacking of funds delaying development because Taleworlds lives only from Warband and mods unlike other companies as Paradox and CA

No.
Taleworlds surely recieved free money from the Turkish government. They have the subsidies necessary to develop the game for another 100 years. There is no lacking of funds or delaying development.

CaptainLee

• Sergeant Knight
  • Calradia is real.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2018, 03:29:06 PM »

I would be extremely surprised if that was the case. The Turkish government are known for being financially supportive of Games companies and Taleworld's coyness at confirming it (despite Ali Erkin managing director of TW being on the board of TOGED) makes me suspect they do indeed. Given the outside perception of Erdogans' gov't it is hardly surprising they don't trumpet it too loudly.
'Calradia, the continent where Mount & Blade takes place, is a low-fantasy setting deeply rooted in history: its past and factions are inspired by real kingdoms and conflicts of old, but it also adds its own doses of imagination.' -Steve Negus

Akesh the Cursed

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • M&BWBVCNWWF&S
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2018, 03:40:26 PM »
Im feeling really nervous about this one
Palms sweaty
that's all  you need in life.
(click to show/hide)
Gore in it self, is just part of immersion, but it should have a tactical advantage as well... for example: 5 enemy swordsmen come to fight you, you kill one and chop off another one's arm... the other 3 are like "wow... wtf?!" so they back away a little... you then take the offense and kill another one by tearing his eyes out

Yeah... I am done taking this thread seriously.

Armagan

• Primary Developer
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2018, 05:06:09 PM »
Many thanks to everyone for their comments. The team here is working really hard to get the demo ready for Gamescom and we really appreciate your support.

Just to clarify a few things, the build we'll have in the booth will be different from the current development build in that, some features and pieces of content have been disabled. There are mainly two reasons for this. First, we want to focus our efforts on polishing the features that will be of most use in the demo. Disabling the rest allows us better manage our resources and time. Second, we do not want to reveal all the features and content in a single demo. We'd rather leave a good portion of the game as a surprise.

Here's a list of some of the things that are missing/disabled: 
Sieges
Crafting
Character generation
Kingdom and town management
About 2/3 of town scenes. We selected 2 town scenes per culture and all towns will be showing those.
Most companions are disabled. There will be around 10 that are available.
About 2/3 of planned perks are not yet implemented.

The suggestion to release this version as a demo sounds interesting, but that doesn't fit any existing model and it would take a lot of time and effort to hammer out the details and make this work. I would rather put that effort into development and do a proper early access version.

Arnulf Floyd

• Knight at Arms
  • Baron Adrian von Blackstein
    • Steam - Arnulf Floyd
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2018, 05:23:28 PM »
30 minute demo is short for showcase all features. I was wronged there because I not know as Turkey is supportive of Taleworlds but why they delaying game if receive money from government?
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,379533.msg9034700.html#new

Read my new brand AAR about rise of Frankish Empire in late 4th Century in a world decimated by famine, plague and chaos. Dark Ages are coming...

Victory loves prudence - Latin proverb

It is better live one day as a lion than hundred years as a sheep - Italian proverb

If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck - Athenogoras of Syracuse

Bjorn The Hound

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBVCNWWF&SM&B
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2018, 05:35:47 PM »
Wow, glad to see you Armağan!

I would rather put that effort into development and do a proper early access version.

What?

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
  • Use Q&A thread, not a PM :)
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2018, 05:36:20 PM »
Wow, glad to see you Armağan!

I would rather put that effort into development and do a proper early access version.

What?

did you mean "WHEN", right?  :P

Bjorn The Hound

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBVCNWWF&SM&B
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2018, 05:37:40 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, asking the question of "when" to TW is a pointless thing to do.

Whatever makes you happy

• Veteran
  • The itsy bitsy spider came up the water spout
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2018, 05:48:02 PM »
30 mins is a good time but it being the early game is a bit unfortunate.
I mean like you said we wont see sieges, we wont see huge battles but we will mostly see fights against bandits.

We also wont see cool and expensive armors, high tier units.

At least you could put a preset siege battle TW.

Who says you can't join in huge battles? Does it really matter if you win or lose? You could just randomly challenge lords if you feel like it. Or if you want to play smart, join random battles in progress.

Bonky!

• Recruit
  • ,MHHHMMmmmmmmm!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2018, 05:50:16 PM »
Thank you for the input, Armagan.  I'm glad to know what we will be seeing at GC.

Early access is a good route to take for this game.  A dedicated company, loyal fanbase, and modern patching techniques come together for a good combination.  I was hoping you would take this route.
Command us, sire.  FORRRWAARD!!