Perisno: The New Beginning (v. II, Patch 3: 03.apr.2019)

Users who are viewing this thread

played it for a bit with some cheats to get a feel for it... i like it. a lot. i really enjoy the concept.

The main/full file on nexus was updated to include patch 1 and hotfixes 1 and 2 (present).

As for hf 2 - only a bunch of banners was improved/replaced plus banner selection menu was turned into a scrollable 1-page menu (instead of next-next-next-...). Also "configure your shopping list" presentation was fixed. And I guess that's it. The hotfix is save-compatible (it's installed on top of patch 1) but you don't really need it since it's just some minor improvements. If you still want it though, here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qg326mcidfo30y/PNBII_P1_Hotfix2.zip?dl=0

UPD. 24.04.2018. Great, I'm going crazy.
Between hf1 and hf2 I somehow deleted a crucial trigger from mission_templates.  :facepalm:
Now it's restored. Nexus, yandex disk, dropbox hotfix - all of them were updated. Again.
Also you can now pick a lord to whom you want to give a fief that you captured right after the siege (unlike before, when you had to request the fief for yourself, then find the ruler of your kingdom and only then give your fief to another lord).

First of all, thank you for creating the best M&B mod I've played, it's really great :grin:
Now, after playing Perisno a few times, I decided to try PNB and it's also looks amazing, I thought it would be something smaller, like a skirmish mode, but it's gone beyond my expectations, and I really like the fact that we can play as TTL (I've yet to see other bases designs especially on sieges, but so far it's looking great).
But after starting it I noticed that I'm not getting any fiefs after a succesful siege, I took (with help of course) a few farms and mountain outposts, but I only get the option of Asking no rewards (even after the HF 2 which should solve and let me pick who I want to give the fief to), and the lord keeps giving them to other vassals or to himself. I got to the point I want to kill him while he sleeps and take over the kingdom, but I'll stick to a good character for the moment.
So to verify what's going on I decided to start over and use cheats to take many fiefs and see if it's random, or raising my honor and renown to see if it has something to do with that but no, nothing, nada  :???:, so I'm starting to think I'm not supposed to own any fiefs, but at the same time I've seen household guards wearing regular tabards on the Troop tree, which makes me think I should be able to recruit them and change their equipment, plus when you're recruiting units at your base it says you should be able to recruit better troops (I'm guessing noble line) if you own the fief... So I'm kinda lost.
Are you able to own fiefs? If so, how? What am I doing wrong here?

Hmm. Strange.
3TN10EG.png
If you're in charge of the assault team or just took the fief all by yourself you should get 3 options and... aaand I see were I screwed up.  :facepalm:

I updated the last hotfix. Just redownload&reinstall it.

Also the following changes were made during the last days:
- distribution of rescued soldiers and captured prisoners among allies after a battle is fixed. Now they not only take their share, but also take all the leftovers after you, regardless of the kind of the fight (helping an ally, starting the fight by yourself and getting allies' help or both - such as when helping a garrison and having allies next to you).
- now the amount of loot you get after a fight depends on how many soldiers you had before you rescued enemy prisoners (or disbanded some of your own soldiers).
- marshal were made more aggressive when it comes to defending their fiefs. When another NPC marshal starts an assault, they will charge to the fief and try to break the siege even if they're not very strong atm compared to the enemy (before that marshals, even if their army is almost as strong as that of the enemy, would just often stand several centimeters away from a fief that's being attacked looking stupid and responding 'muh need to gather more lords, muh not strong enough').

Replic said:
I thought it would be something smaller, like a skirmish mode
I wanted a smaller map but I don't know how to make them (and that user-unfriendly map making software that looks like "hello from the 90-ies!" makes me panic) so I had to use an OSP one. :ohdear:

P.S. As for household guards - afair, they're not available in PNB. The fact you can see them in a troop tree is just because I made the same changes to that presentation for both Perisno 0.9 and PNB.
But they will only be available if I implement player's own kingdom where you will be the liege.
For now, it's just 'hired' mercs that are available via freelancers' outposts.

Aaaand it's working now!! You fixed it so quickly :grin:  Thanks a lot Leonion!
Now I only need to take a castle so I can recruit the allmighty Astylons! :lol: :lol:
Well maybe they're not so strong, but I've seen them behind Ironclads throwing spears at heavy cavalry and it actually worked great. Though after that they died as flies, but they fulfilled their purpose as a secondary infantry line, plus they don't need an upgrade to actually be useful, so jokes aside I'm looking forward to that castle  :razz:
By the way, if I may ask, what's the reason behind Cretasan troops not having a helm/headgear (archer line and nobles)?

Leonion said:
I wanted a smaller map but I don't know how to make them (and that user-unfriendly map making software that looks like "hello from the 90-ies!" makes me panic) so I had to use an OSP one. :ohdear:
Haha, well I didn't say it as a bad thing, if anything it's the opposite. PNB is growing a lot and its unique style makes it almost as great as Perisno. And the size is fine, no need to make it smaller unless you're trying to play Elintor vs Geldar with no other factions (Or any other rivalry you want). As it is right now, with the 18 factions (I think) is more than fine even if you take one or two out.

Replic said:
By the way, if I may ask, what's the reason behind Cretasan troops not having a helm/headgear (archer line and nobles)?
I dunno.
That troop tree was designed&re-equipped by another person when we worked on 0.8.
Personally, I don't like when soldiers look like hobos who didn't get a helmet or gloves or boots due to financials cuts, so I gave such items even to recruits and they're always guaranteed. Appearance is everything.  :smile:
But judging by the fact that some mods don't do this (like recruits or even mid-tier soldiers don't have gloves, archers don't have helmets sometimes etc.), I guess people who worked on them preferred more realistic approach.

UPD. Somebody received [relatively] new body armor.
3TWghbJ.jpg
Also
3TWhcgb.jpg

Leonion said:
Replic said:
I dunno.
That troop tree was designed&re-equipped by another person when we worked on 0.8.
Personally, I don't like when soldiers look like hobos who didn't get a helmet or gloves or boots due to financials cuts, so I gave such items even to recruits and they're always guaranteed. Appearance is everything.  :smile:
But judging by the fact that some mods don't do this (like recruits or even mid-tier soldiers don't have gloves, archers don't have helmets sometimes etc.), I guess people who worked on them preferred more realistic approach.

3TWghbJ.jpg
Also
3TWhcgb.jpg
Tolranian Champions and Holy Crusaders I presume? They look really badass, nice work! :smile:

Yep. I've been itching to replace their armors for quite some time.

Funnily, only a couple of years ago, when I was just a player not paying much attention, old HC's armor (which was also used in some other mods) was perhaps my favorite among armors created for M&B. But taking a closer look showed that it is actually pretty meh and after overall upgrade of items for 0.8 it remained one of the worst-quality ones.

P.S. Jeez, them Zann are good.
h-334.jpg
They're on their own in the middle of the map (afair, at the beginning they had Kuu-lan and Cretas as allies, but those were destroyed pretty fast, the former by TTL (my faction) and our allies Hakkon, and the latter - by Falcons), surrounded by enemies, including a crazily effective Perisno-ROTF-Geldar alliance, and yet they only get stronger and now have 16k strength points.

If anyone's currently playing this - please pay particular attention to your main character's banner (it's just quite easy to notice a change in it).

There was a bug report that one day your banner may vanish and you may become some sort of a copy of one of the lords - his renown, his age, his family relations.

That happened in my game too but I wasn't as observant as the other player and I only noticed that the banner disappeared and just used an option in a cheat menu to select a new one.
Though I now see that in addition to this:
- my character is suddenly 58 years old, according to notes
- "He is devoted to you" on my own character's page.
- I'm no longer listed among TTL vassals on the faction's page, though apart from these formalities everything works fine in the game (I am still a marshal, a vassal and everything, and vassalage is still confirmed on my character's page).
- renown... it may have changed, but I missed that point when I could notice this
- family relations - either it didn't happen to me or just 'my' lord doesn't have any family
So the bug is pretty harmless, it's only 'on the paper', but it's really strange.

And I don't even have a slightest idea how this is possible. There are just no scripts I can think of that could do these operations - like copying all that data from a lord to you.

So if you suddenly see that your main character is missing a banner (or you notice one of the other changes I listed), please tell me about this and the last things you did before that.
And it will be perfect if you manage to catch this moment while still having a 'before' save file.
Thanks.

Leonion said:

3TWghbJ.jpg
Also
3TWhcgb.jpg
Yeah I agree with that, appearance is everything! Which is one of the things that makes Perisno great, all the work put into every faction style making them uniques.
Plus, you cannot really expect your naked dudes beat Tolranian Champions  :lol:
Btw that armor looks amazing! But now where will I farm their old armor? :sad: (Tolranian Champ, not HC)

Yes I saw that too, my banner suddenly changed and somehow my character is now 438 years old  :neutral: But sadly I cannot recall what happened at that moment or what triggered it. I didn't notice anything else than what you mentioned.

What I did notice is that Custom Troops (which are supposed to be limited now) can be exploited by giving them a weak throwing weapon that also acts as melee (I think it was kunai or something of the sort), and then it will shows as Barely Average or Poor quality gear, which allows you to put high-end armor and weapons (which they'll actually use). You can also do the same by giving cavalry a weapon that they cannot use while mounted, setting quality as poor and allowing you to get whatever you want after that. No idea why these weapons overrides the real gear they use but it's something that can be abused easily.

So, i started a game. Decided to join the Realm of the Falcon. Appointed as the Marshal as soon i started (kinda weird, but not going to refuse that power). Declared a Campaign and took from the Outlaw Faction a Forest Outpost, a Mountain Camp, a Farm and a Castle... but the leader of the Realm of the Falcon didn´t gave me any fiefs at all. After each siege/battle, only appeared the "Ask for no reward" option and inmediately he assigned it to another lord (or himself).
Is that intended? Do i need to have a minimum of Renown (i´m currently at 400ish)?.

Thx in advance.

Jason Kemp said:
So, i started a game. Decided to join the Realm of the Falcon. Appointed as the Marshal as soon i started (kinda weird, but not going to refuse that power). Declared a Campaign and took from the Outlaw Faction a Forest Outpost, a Mountain Camp, a Farm and a Castle... but the leader of the Realm of the Falcon didn´t gave me any fiefs at all. After each siege/battle, only appeared the "Ask for no reward" option and inmediately he assigned it to another lord (or himself).
Is that intended? Do i need to have a minimum of Renown (i´m currently at 400ish)?.

Thx in advance.
Do you have the latest version / did you install the latest hotfix (2) for patch 1?
There was some stupid oversight introduced in one of previous patches which caused the bug you describe.

Because no, it's not intended that you can't ask for a fief.

As for marshal - well, basically in PNB you're a true ruler of a faction. :smile: For some reasons I didn't implement the actual king's status yet, but you're a marshal, you can chose to whom to award fiefs, what lords to summon, where to relocate the main base etc., and the local commander is kinda your puppet.

Leonion said:
Jason Kemp said:

Thx in advance.
Do you have the latest version / did you install the latest hotfix (2) for patch 1?
There was some stupid oversight introduced in one of previous patches which caused the bug you describe.

Because no, it's not intended that you can't ask for a fief.

As for marshal - well, basically in PNB you're a true ruler of a faction. :smile: For some reasons I didn't implement the actual king's status yet, but you're a marshal, you can chose to whom to award fiefs, what lords to summon, where to relocate the main base etc., and the local commander is kinda your puppet.

Mmmm, only installed the "base mod" from yandex.disk
So i need to install the "Patch 1 for version II" and then the "Hotfix 2 for Patch 1"?

Did you install it recently or long ago?

When I released the last hotfix, I updated 'full' versions too, so the patch was only kept downloadable for those who already had 'full' version and didn't feel like redownloading it.

Try just applying the last hotfix.

If it doesn't work, upload your save file somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom