Realm of the Falcon units

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey haven´t played Perisno for awhile now, so please bear with me, if this has already been part of the previous patch:

Looking over the units through Morgh´s, I´ve noticed that the RotF units are divided into three completely seperate categories: inf, cav and archers. A recruit seems thus to be of either of those three categories. The troop tree screen seems to be only displaying the cav recruitment path.

How has this been handled in campaign? Is there now a random chance for the player to recruit either of those three recruit types at villages?

That's handled very simply: there are no recruits. :twisted:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325551.msg8639636.html#msg8639636

You can only recruit their nobles under the same conditions as for other factions.

There are plans to actually add those "war academies" at some point, but for now it's just thoughts.

This should have been highlighted in patch log or with ingame message. Here am I carrying there water for weeks, thinking I am just extremely unlucky. :roll:

I guess devs finally noticed Falcon troops were extremely OP.  :mrgreen: All on horse, either extremely versatile archers or heavily armored fast riders with blunt weapons, having 100 prisoners per battle and not a single death was extremely easy, it was like having Noldor troops for free. I guess I will have to learn how to play Perisno now.  :grin:

It's not quite the same, but if you need high-level blunt weapon cavalry, try training up some Kuu-lan Atamans, as well as the usual step of recruiting any Falcon cavalry you see in prisoner stacks + giving your companions maces.

Only ways I know to get falcon troops are:

1. Hold a castle that is falcon culture orginally, get the ridere fealcons.

2. The Aepele falcons will be seen running around as peasant rebels in the area. Blunt weapon them take them as prisoners and recruit them, these scale up to reweards.

There are a few other sneaky ways to get them but these work the best in my experience, even if you are a vassal you don't get any so don't waste your time.

TheBanditKing said:
Only ways I know to get falcon troops are:

1. Hold a castle that is falcon culture orginally, get the ridere fealcons.

2. The Aepele falcons will be seen running around as peasant rebels in the area. Blunt weapon them take them as prisoners and recruit them, these scale up to reweards.

There are a few other sneaky ways to get them but these work the best in my experience, even if you are a vassal you don't get any so don't waste your time.

If you own a castle you can recruit the Aepele Falcons through your constable

If I get Falcon Culture for my Kingdom and force lords to recruit from that Culture will they be able to recruit all kinds of Falcon units or are they limited the same way the player is? Anyone that has tried?

I was a vassal of Realm of the Falcon. I have left them started my own kingom. But i cannot set the culture of my faction as Realm of the Falcon. Its not among the options.

Is there a way to do that?

For RotF culture you need:
Relation with Falcons >= 75; Relation with Field Marshal Gunnar >= 50; Honor  >= 500; RtR >= 80; Player character's level >= 38; Renown >= 5000; 1 000 000 aurums.

Leonion said:
For RotF culture you need:
Relation with Falcons >= 75; Relation with Field Marshal Gunnar >= 50; Honor  >= 500; RtR >= 80; Player character's level >= 38; Renown >= 5000; 1 000 000 aurums.

Another question. Does anyone know how to tweak this conditions?

Falcon troop names are weird. It's explicitly obvious that the Reich's troops are German-based with their German names (Drachenritter, Fussoldat etc.), but Falcon troops throw around some weird language.

The language is actually Old English: also known as Anglo-Saxon, used during the 5th century AD to 1066 AD. The Realm's troops and their names correspond pretty well to their roles. I used some Old English translator to throw this together. The translations only went as far as the translator: therefore it's not complete. NOTE: Fealcan and Ridere didn't come up on the translator, so I just assumed.
Link:
http://www.oldenglishtranslator.co.uk/

Cavalry Troop Tree:
Apele Fealcan - Falcon ____?
Renweard - Horse-Guardian
Sceotend Fealcan - Falcon Bowman Warrior?
Frod Sceotend Fealcan - Wise/Old/Veteran Falcon Bowman Warrior?
Ridere Fealcan - Falcon Rider?
Frod Ridere Fealcan - Wise/Old/Veteran Falcon Rider?

Infantry
Poking anything into the translator to do with Bearwesmann and Widumann gets me nothing. I can say that Frod Bearwesmann means Veteran/old/wise Bearwesmann

Foot Archers
Geong Scytta Fealcan - Geong apparently means journey or passage, scytta means shooter. I'll just assume - Journeying Falcon Archer?
Scytta Fealcan - Falcon Archer?
Scytere Fealcan - Falcon Swift Archer?

For anything that says old/wise, I usually assume veteran, e.g. Veteran Falcon Rider, Veteran Falcon Bowman Warrior, Veteran Bearwesmann

I have no idea where the Perisno devs got the words "widumann" or "bearwesmann". I don't even know what they mean. According to the translator, it's gibberish. It'd be an interesting find as to how the devs got those words.

Does this matter?
These names are first of all Falconian, not Old English. Just like Reich names are Drachnen, not German.  :wink:
Some names are probably made-up. I don't see any problems with it.

Personally, I just treat them all as gobbledygook. There is this warrior, there is this name. It doesn't mean anything, it's just his troop's name.

I can still remember when I first played Perisno, my first impression when I first encountered the Falcons was they all wore white or silver, and they all had these hard to pronounce names.
Their names helped to make them stand out.

I've become vassal of Falcon and own Falcon's Pride.

I see no option to hire Apele or whatever the Falcon recruit is. When I asked my constable to recruit from Falcon village, all I got is farmer.

Also, I ordered my constable to train "I prefer cavalry" but then the constable said that he will train ranged cavalry. What's wrong? If I want to train Frod Rider Falcon, should I choose "melee" instead?

Leonion said:
Do Aepele Fealcans look like recruits that can be hired in villages?  :wink:

So how to recruit ANY falcon troop (except the mercenary)? I could not recruit their nobles either (via the option in towns/castles, you know). :shock:

Back
Top Bottom