The Peloponnesian War - Freelancer Integration Project (up. 29/09/11 - 01)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lynores

Baron
This is meant for testers. Actually, the whole alpha is, but anyway.. I believe I've also fixed the crazy "join with allies" bashing with this. Original enlist script by ithilienranger, wb port by Sunhawken, modified by Taragoth and now ported into TPW.

I have just tested this enough to see the base features worked and tweaked shield bash so it would be possible to fight with allies without getting dropped every 10 seconds. The fix seems to be working well.

I will need feedback here, once I get it working properly, I will make some replacement pictures for its menus. For those that don't know this system, try talking to a lord, you'll see another option on the menu.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v7p2wrmzw8w8nz2

Txt only update:

http://www.mediafire.com/?buzlosnc4zamlzd

Mod Features:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,182848.0.html

Starting out as a simple athenian recruit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeeha

PD: Lynores, do you speak spanish/portuguese? Because I saw some brf's with portuguese in their names

Yes, I've tried the original mod for a while today and found it extremely fun. I will be adding features as the sources are released as well as adding some unique stuff in the long run. Just bear in mind, this has just been ported and will need some rambo testing.

EDIT:

Yep

EDIT2:

You can use this thread for feedback regarding this particular implementation, no need to go on the other one.

EDIT3:

Remember to start a new campaign, by the way.

Joined the Spartans, and immediately had some fun.
After 5 days I was promoted to doryphoros, but I received no shield, at first I thought this was because I had a sword in it's place perhaps.
But when I removed the sword and was promoted to peloponnesian hoplite, I didn't receive a shield for the second time.

Captured the castle south of Argos after 1 week.

I started another campaign joining King Agis of Sparta...Now I´m an Epilektos but I have been awarded with a battered statheros aspis.... lol Just reporting bugs Lynores... as a suggestion you could give Spartiates Epilektos the shield with the baby and 2 snakes I think he was...Aquiles?

hehe

Just tried out the Carthaginians, chose light Numidian cavalryman, but only got the uniform and a shield, no javelins or horse.

Will try the Delians now.

EDIT: Got a shield when becoming an Epilektos.
Also gaining ranks is too easy, I only had 2 battles and already am at the highest tier.
Maybe gaining ranks based on kills or level.

Yes, I'll probably make it take longer and get a slightly better return. I've also noticed the equipment stuff yesterday. I'll get to fixing and adapting this one next in a couple days.

Komemnos said:
Can you gain renown as a soldier?

I was thinking the same. I'll see if it is in Taragoth's script, I believe I did get some renown, but if its not I'll add that.

Komemnos said:
Can you gain renown as a soldier?

Actually from what I saw you gain the renown from the battles (you need to be really outnumbered to feel it though, I gain 5 renown after 2 skirmishes in 1:2 against ratio)

Some menus in the script can get bugged but it's nothing serious, you only need to choose again some options and that is

And the other things are already said here

Noticed that too. When you leave the menu after the dialog you go back as if you just asked to meet the lord, and to go back to auto travel without holding space you need to click and force the menu again then choose go back to duty. Those were the two I found yesterday.

Another glitch seemed to happen after taking a leave and getting people in your own party, seems to conflict with two diplomacy scripts and a vanilla one. I'll have to look into that.

For a stupid person (I.E. me) this script makes it so you can temporarily 'become' an npc and join in battles?

Yes, it allows the player to become a regular soldier and gain ranks and wages as an npc, this is a realistic alternative to a new character and helps getting to know lords and their armies, how the large scale fighting works in this system, getting to participate early in huge battles without cheating in the first place, getting some decent coins to field his own troops later on, etc. It also allows the player to keep his loot from the battlefield as a soldier, though I might change that for a general option, being enlisted or not, I mean.

Well, after playing 65 mod days I can give my humble opinion:

On the one hand it´s too funny to join an army and stay with your lord or king during days and see how you get paid from him and he "upgrades" you with new armour.

On the other hand, it´s too boring because of the native npc´s AI. I mean,my king is so stupid cause he see the enemy is raiding a village and he just passes by and go away.....
Also, 65 days and just one Siege attacking (wich I get killed several times.....), one huge battle when I was a Peloponesian youth and a skirmish agains 5 HELLOTS ...that´s no a problem of the mod but for the Native AI.

So during the campaign I personally just stay doing another things in my own bedroom cause of the boring.

tenerife_boy said:
Well, after playing 65 mod days I can give my humble opinion:

On the one hand it´s too funny to join an army and stay with your lord or king during days and see how you get paid from him and he "upgrades" you with new armour.

On the other hand, it´s too boring because of the native npc´s AI. I mean,my king is so stupid cause he see the enemy is raiding a village and he just passes by and go away.....
Also, 65 days and just one Siege attacking (wich I get killed several times.....), one huge battle when I was a Peloponesian youth and a skirmish agains 5 HELLOTS ...that´s no a problem of the mod but for the Native AI.

So during the campaign I personally just stay doing another things in my own bedroom cause of the boring.

You had some bad luck, personally I tried to join to the Marshall's Army, because they got in the battles before than another lords armies that tries to do personal things before going into war.

Also, you could try to enlist when it's a grand campaign going on, not when the lords are in their cities gaining troops or recollecting taxes.

I think that the system is great, I had yesterday some funs skirmishes (like 5 before I got prisoner in a castle because my marshall went leeroy jenkins on a sieged fort to defend it)

And also it gives you the possibility to des-enlist from the army without too hard penalties, so it's like useful for a time and then keep going as normally

Back
Top Bottom