SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Webhead89 said:
So I've scoured the pages and the internet about the RGL (out of video memory) error fix, (which ALWAYS crashes my game) and while I have found solutions, everything has suggested it for people running with stuff like 2, 3, or 4 GBs.  Apparently the sole solution to the RGL error is to add video memory via finding the settings to that and setting the "initial" to 1.5 times my RAM and the "max" to 3 times my RAM (All in megabytes by the way).

However I have 16 GB of RAM which means I'm setting my "initial" to 24,576 MB (24GB) and "max" to 49,152 (48GB).  These numbers, regardless of MB or GB, sound insane and unreasonable and I feel like my computer system would be severely messed up if I applied these settings.  Is there another way?  Or is a maximum of 48 GB reasonable?

Does not the "video" part in "video memory" bother you?
I suppose that is what your video card has built-in, not what your PC has as a "general purpose" RAM installed on the motherboard.

Sergio_Morozov said:
Webhead89 said:
So I've scoured the pages and the internet about the RGL (out of video memory) error fix, (which ALWAYS crashes my game) and while I have found solutions, everything has suggested it for people running with stuff like 2, 3, or 4 GBs.  Apparently the sole solution to the RGL error is to add video memory via finding the settings to that and setting the "initial" to 1.5 times my RAM and the "max" to 3 times my RAM (All in megabytes by the way).

However I have 16 GB of RAM which means I'm setting my "initial" to 24,576 MB (24GB) and "max" to 49,152 (48GB).  These numbers, regardless of MB or GB, sound insane and unreasonable and I feel like my computer system would be severely messed up if I applied these settings.  Is there another way?  Or is a maximum of 48 GB reasonable?

Does not the "video" part in "video memory" bother you?
I suppose that is what your video card has built-in, not what your PC has as a "general purpose" RAM installed on the motherboard.

Perhaps it is the video card, lol.  The posts seemed like they were talking about general RAM which had to do with memory and I had seen a post talking about 8GB of RAM, just never 16.  I will try this out and see if I still get the RGL error when setting based off of my video card's memory.

now with that warband is now released for ps4 , will mods like acok be available to play on ps4 or just "Native" or whatever mod would be released with the original game , the game looks amazing on ps4 though :grin:

Community weekly bug post.

12.09.2016-18.09.2016

Summary:
One new bug was reported, which almost ceratinly is a common warband text glitch.
There were two complaints about download time/quality, players should be advised to have patience and not interrupt the download.

Long version:
Taleworlds forums ACOK main thread
No bugs were reported.

modDB ACOK report bugs article:
One new bug was reported:
The Lords refer to themselves as Lady when doing their introduction, as in "I am [lord name] a [title, as in vassal] of the [faction], and am the LADY of [named towns and castles]." http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-clash-of-kings/features/known-bugs/page/27#comments
Upon checking, I have found that at least right after starting a new game this does not happen, so may be a usual warband text glitch...

/r/mountandblade
No bugs were repoted
Complaints, which are not bugs:
ModDB download time is too long https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/537ebe/downloading_cok/
ACOK crashes due to missing resources (probably a player had download corrupted/interrupted https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/526zul/acok_mod_crashing_when_loading/

Can someone confirm if this is a bug or working as expected

After King's Landing was taken, the usual peace between Westerlands and North happened. When the wildlings invade, war between the Westerlands and North started again. Is this intentional?

Wanted to give a shout out, that this is one of the most fun Mods i've played in years.

I do have one question though, concerning the factions.  I chose the 'Normal Faction Relations' option when I first started the game instead of the 'ASOIF Faction Relations'.  However, I'm 330+ days in, and it's gotten real deadlocked.  By which I meant all the surviving factions are bloated, and no one is fighting each other.

In the East; Tyrosh, Volantis and Qohor are the only surviving three.  They're usually in a trade pact, at the least, with each other.

In the West; The Reach took King's Landing within the first 50 to 100 days, and after that it was simply mopping up the Iron Islands and Westerlands.  Everyone else just runs around Patrolling. 

I went to the east to find Mercenary work and build my Rep/Army (btw, I love using the Myrian troopline).  Figured by the time I wanted to come back things would be less static.  Unfortunately, not.  Is there something I can do, without restarting, to get the factions fighting again?  Or so that I don't get ROFL stomped if I attempt to start my own faction?

shar_N said:
Can someone confirm if this is a bug or working as expected

After King's Landing was taken, the usual peace between Westerlands and North happened. When the wildlings invade, war between the Westerlands and North started again. Is this intentional?

Peace is WAI, it even says so in the custom text pop-up, that Tywin declares himself King of the Rock, and now only cares for Westerlands, and makes peace with dudes.

Declaring war on the North when Free Folk invades may be a bug, because if player faction (or any other faction) declares war on Free Folk, it gets attacked by some factions immediately.

Hi

Two more questions,

1. I thought v2.2 allowed again to buy land (in Braavos) but I don't find such option in the Iron bank. Neither do I find any merchant in the city that sells the land

2. My companions are getting pissed and want to leave me partially because of all the raiding, etc. If I stop raiding and focus on trade to earn money, will they stop wanting to leave me?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

dad144game said:
Hi

Two more questions,

1. I thought v2.2 allowed again to buy land (in Braavos) but I don't find such option in the Iron bank. Neither do I find any merchant in the city that sells the land

2. My companions are getting pissed and want to leave me partially because of all the raiding, etc. If I stop raiding and focus on trade to earn money, will they stop wanting to leave me?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

No buying land in 2.2, but you can deposit money for [some say "ridiculously overpowered"] interest.

Companions have their likes and dislikes besides raiding, if all companions are in the group they will try to leave even if you do not raid, do not lose people in battles and never starve.

/facepalm

Apparently I thought that choice was a part of the ACOK's mod, when it's actually part of the World of Ice and Fire mod.  I apologize.

So, same problem though and definitely this mod, Factions are static and no chance to get a new faction going.

Grimulfr said:
/facepalm

Apparently I thought that choice was a part of the ACOK's mod, when it's actually part of the World of Ice and Fire mod.  I apologize.

So, same problem though and definitely this mod, Factions are static and no chance to get a new faction going.

You may try stirring a new war by joining a faction and convincing its learder to attack others, then betray him.
You may find a claimant and pledge yourself to his/her cause, this may net some easy fiefs if there are unhappy would-be-turncoat lords, then betray the claimant.
You may do both!

Claimants are available for Essos factions only.

Or you may trigger an invasion
(either Free Folk or Targaryen)
and help it to take root.

Or take Goldengrove, it is easily defendable city. Even if you fix its bug.

So the author has stated that he's having trouble deciding what to do with Essos troops

Some suggestions:

-Mixed armies of homegrown troops + sellswords was a good idea in the previous patches, it just needed to be in varying degrees from faction to faction
-Qohor could have Unsullied (uncapturable, perhaps even slightly weaker for the sake of balance) in addition to their home troops
-Include some Lords that are leaders of mercenary companies (much like how the player can hire a mercenary company of his own, you can get creative and even add named companies from the lore such as Bright Banners, Iron Shields, Maiden's Men, etc etc)

Ok, so I've never had problems with crashing in warband in the past, the worst I've gotten is slowdown in large battles. But I'm playing 2.2 for the first time, and am at 125, and I'm getting crashes on the world map. What would be causing this? It comes up with 'Warband has stopped working' rather than a straight crash to desktop.

Dalloskid said:
Ok, so I've never had problems with crashing in warband in the past, the worst I've gotten is slowdown in large battles. But I'm playing 2.2 for the first time, and am at 125, and I'm getting crashes on the world map. What would be causing this? It comes up with 'Warband has stopped working' rather than a straight crash to desktop.

Did you mean "day 125"? If so, there may be some corrupted party in your save which does something which crashes the game. They say this happens randomly, not depending on presence of any mods (or at least in the Native too).

It was also reported, that some sieges resolving may cause this (and the corruption occurs when the siege is started, but crashes when it resolves, hence fixed date of crash even after reloading).

You should start from a save back in time,
or try to find a siege that resolves at that time and break it (feel free to cheat for this, and this may not work if it was not the siege resolving that caused this).

Sergio_Morozov said:
Dalloskid said:

Did you mean "day 125"? If so, there may be some corrupted party in your save which does something which crashes the game. They say this happens randomly, not depending on presence of any mods (or at least in the Native too).

It was also reported, that some sieges resolving may cause this (and the corruption occurs when the siege is started, but crashes when it resolves, hence fixed date of crash even after reloading).

or try to find a siege that resolves at that time and break it (feel free to cheat for this, and this may not work if it was not the siege resolving that caused this).

How long after would the seige cause crashes? I took volantis as my first city months ago, around day 90 or something, and its only now causing crashes that I cannot get around.

Dalloskid said:
Sergio_Morozov said:
Dalloskid said:

How long after would the seige cause crashes? I took volantis as my first city months ago, around day 90 or something, and its only now causing crashes that I cannot get around.

It is not player siege, it is a siege by AI, supposedly if it gets "corrupted" it crashes when it is about to resolve (fief taken of siege force destroyed).

Cheat and see if any sieges are in progress on the map, then disrupt them one by one and see if it is one of them indeed, and which one it is.

Also, backup the save, it may be of interest to Cozur for fixing this.

Community weekly bug post.

19.09.2016-25.09.2016

Summary:
One new bug was reported, which relates to the Freelancer mod.
Three previously reported bugs were reported.

Long version:
Taleworlds forums ACOK main thread
Two previously reported bugs reported again:

1. Coming to war with the Free Folk faction causes its adversary faction to also become engaged in war with several Westeros factions.
Possibly due to wrong definitions of faction relationships or some diplomacy settings. This bug was present in version 2.1 too, but Khalassar faction was affected.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194610.msg8559086.html#msg8559086

2. Game crashes at a certain date, and after reloading a recent save crashes again at the same date.
Previously there was a report this is caused by a corrupted siege resolving at that date. Disrupting that siege prevents the crash.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194610.msg8563868.html#msg8563868

modDB ACOK report bugs article:
No bugs were reported.

/r/mountandblade
A new bug was reported:
1. If a player is enlisted into lord's army and that lords leaves the realm for good, player remains enlisted and can not unenlist.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/54gide/my_lord_has_left_the_realm_but_i_am_still/

A previously reported bug was reported:
2. In Naval battles one side (usually Player's, but not neccessarily) constantly spawns in reinforcements (until it spawns all of its available troops, even if this makes troop count above set battle size), and another side does not get any reinforcements.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/53s20p/problems_with_naval_battles_in_acok_22/

Back
Top Bottom