Favourite Paintings of the Napoleonic Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Marshal Ney-The greatest Ginge who ever lived!

Also another one, its of Dorsenne and the Guard at Aspern-Essling
aspereslinggiusepperava.jpg

Who doesn't love Murat? :grin:
joachim-murat-at-jena.jpg

marshalmuratleadingthec.jpg

eylau.jpg

The man knew how to dress.

Charge of the Polish Lancers at Somosierra:
Fim+da+Guerra+da+Restaura%25C3%25A7%25C3%25A3o-+Assinatura+do+Tratado+de+Lisboa.jpg

Russian Lifeguard Horse taking a French eagle at Austerlitz:
h188b1.jpeg

The Duke of Wellington at Waterloo:
wellington_at_waterloo_hillingford.jpg

Some Spanish Badass (seriously, if anyone knows who this guy is, it would be much appreciated)
Batalha+Bail%25C3%25A9n+1808.jpg

Can't get enough Cuirassiers:
Carga+de+los+famosos+coraceros+franceses+en+la+batalla+de+Eylau.jpg

cuirassiers002.jpg

dhm0454.jpg

All of Mark Churms' work is simply lovely:
dhm0279.jpg

dhm0252.jpg

Stevon said:
Some Spanish Badass (seriously, if anyone knows who this guy is, it would be much appreciated)
Batalha+Bail%25C3%25A9n+1808.jpg

That picture just shows the Spanish infantry charge (I can't remember the regiment) during the battle of Bailen. Its author is Ferrer Dalmau who has a lot of pictures of the Spanish military history.

Another favourite of mine, its a picture of the battle of Montmaril in 1814, where Ney led 6 Battalions of Old Guard into battle, you can see them charging in this painting.

battleofmontmirail1814.jpg

Its of the Old Guard Grenadiers advancing and you can see Napoleon on the right. I like the Winter outfit the Grenadiers have with them blue trousers :smile:
guardadvancel.jpg

I've always liked this one too, its of the 44th East Essex Regiment of Foot at Quatre Bras where it saw heavy action.
44thqb.jpg

It is the fighting at Placenoit, The old Guard fighting the prussians. however i do believe it is a bit dramatized with all that fire. Looks amazing though.

Just giving this a good bump as I found this painting of General Marbot returning the 14th of the Line's Eagle after it was nearly destroyed at the battle of Eylau:

marboteagle.jpg

I also found some other cool ones :grin:

This is of the 7eme Legere defending against cavalry
7emelegeretelenik.jpg

The square of the 46e Infantry (front square) fending off Russian Cuirassiers
russiancuirassierscharg.jpg

The Old Guard Grenadiers great charge at Hanau, this is them defending a cannon
guardhanaucannon.jpg

I believe this is of the Old Guard Grenadiers at the Battle of Essling, could be wrong.
battleessling.jpg

guardhanaucannon.jpg

Nice! That figure in front (taking out a new cartridge) is actually an old guard artillerist!  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom