Compilation of fixes for Lag and other issues with Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Nerius

Sergeant
I just wanted to make a little compilation for fixes for different types of scenarios that have been afflicting me and I thought I'd share. :smile:

Re: Core 2 Duo vs Core 2 Quad
I had a dual core CPU and upgraded to a quad core.
The dual core had some problems when new enemies arrived.
But the quad core didn't make any performance improvements.
I then found out that Warband only used one of the available cores.
To fix this problem
Start Warband
Go to Task manager, click on the Processes tab
Right click on warband
chose set affinity... and remove CPU 0 from the list chose OK
Restart warband
Go to Task manager, click on the Processes tab
Right click on warband
chose set affinity... and select all cores chose OK
And WB will now use all cores.
This was a great improvement on my computer I do not notice when new enemies arrive now.
I can't see any performance difference between my quad core and dual core after the core problem was fixed.
I think a new GFX would be a better upgrade in my computer
Source: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,132785.msg3236303.html#msg3236303

Too much, my eyes hurt(graphics problem)
Check if you dont have HDR put to max.
In video options. A rather handicapping and worthless feature in pretty much any game that has a competitive element in my opinion.
Source: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136962.msg3295550.html#msg3295550

Clear your page files!

If you get strange bugs like messages not showing clear your page files!
because all the corrupted memory gets loaded right back in!
press Fix It! and then restart and shut down once(not sure if it works with restart,you have to do it twice as the first restart is to make necessary changes!)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314834
Source: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136573.0.html

Lagfix
Kazhul Doran said:
My game was laggy till i changed the rgl config manualy

Code:
first_time = 0

texture_detail = 100

render_buffer_size = 500

max_framerate = 120

start_windowed = 0

use_pixel_shaders = 1

use_vertex_shaders = 0

fake_reflections = 1

show_framerate = 0

use_ondemand_textures = 1

use_ondemand_textures_mt = 0

disable_music = 0

disable_sound = 0

disable_frequency_variation = 0

cheat_mode = 0

enable_blood = 1

enable_edit_mode = 0

force_single_threading = 0

debug_mode = 0

display_width = 1680

display_height = 1050

display_bits = 32

antialiasing = 2

sample_quality = 0

alpha2coverage = 1

force_vsync = 0

shadowmap_quality = 0

shader_quality = 0

postfx_dof = 0

postfx_hdr = 0

postfx_autoexp = 0

flora_degrade_distance = 75.0000

flora_lod_detail = 2

use_instancing = 0

use_secure_connection = 0

max_number_of_connections = 40

look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0

music_volume = 0.2160

sound_volume = 0.5515

mouse_sensitivity = 0.5894

invert_mouse = 0

enable_lighting = 1

enable_particles = 1

enable_blood = 1

enable_character_shadows = 0

enable_accurate_shadows = 0

number_of_corpses = 5

grass_density = 45

combat_speed = 2

friend_combat_difficulty = 2

adapter_format = 0

reduce_combat_ai = 1

reduce_campaign_ai = 1

combat_difficulty = 2

display_labels = 0

display_targeting_reticule = 1

display_attack_direction = 0

turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person = 2

verbose_damage = 1

verbose_shot_difficulty = 0

battle_size = 1.9000

attack_direction_control = 2

defend_direction_control = 0

lance_control = 0

anisotropic_filtering = 1

enable_environment_shadows = 0

verbose_casualties = 1

verbose_experience = 0

realistic_shadows_on_plants = 0

number_of_ragdolls = 5

gamma = 2.2000

character_detail = 1.0000

character_shadow_detail = 0.0000

control_mouse_movement_y_scale = 1.5000

blood_stains = 2

use_winmm_audio = 0

enable_version_check = 1

enable_aspect_ratio_control = 1

realistic_headshots = 1

auto_gfx_quality = 0

My system
Pentium 4 3,21 Ghz
2000 mb RAM
GeForce 8400 GS

to point the effect out, well my game was laggin really bad with like 50 npcs on a forest area.
NOW i can play with up to 300/400 npcs depending on the landscape with no lag at all.

I can use polished landscapes now i dont know who think buffersize for the renders should me 16 by default but he should stop sniffing glue for sure...
Ive no clue what other settings may helped
Source: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,126729.0.html

Abnormal stuttering/hitching
Yep, you have to go to the control panel, click on the icon named "folder options" and find the option that lets you see hidden folders first.

Then you go to "Users -> You -> Appdata -> Roaming" and delete the warband files. I'm not sure why deleting them has worked for some people, but be warned that your multiplayer profile is stored there, so you'll have to create a new face, unless you don't want to delete it.

You might also want to try deleting your .ini file in your "My Documents -> Mount & Blade Warband" It's recreated when you next open mount and blade. It determines your graphics setting.

Another fix could be to go into that same folder and edit a line in the Rgl_config.ini instead. Try increasing the "render_buffer_size = " to like 100 and see if it helps any on the stuttering.

If none of this works I'd guess that it has something to do with buggy graphics drivers or corrupted DirectX files. Try reinstalling either :razz:
Source: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,126869.msg3062360.html#msg3062360

Personally, I'm going to try out the one for quadruple cores, since I have a new i3, and also the lagfix.

M&B:Warband runs horribly bad on my computer, and I have a new Asus U30JC-B1 with a veyr solid build, which should be more than enough, but apparently it isn't.

Discuss.

I know I'm going to use the Lagfix and the Core/Quad fix for sure, but I'm not 100% on the HDR one. What does HDR do anyways?

I feel a bit overwhelmed when I open up warband, and see all of these options running in every direction. I just don't know what I'm touching sometimes, if it'll really improve things or make them worse.

Also, I have found nothing on the basque. Damn people are more elusive than I thought! I can find text books for free on their freaking negative R1b (btw, most of my family is basque, all of my father's side and half of my mother's side, our blood type if generally A or B+... lol), but absolutely nothing on their sweet military skillz of the 1200's. Maybe they didn't have any military skills, and were all just chilling by the mountain side, smoking a cig, hanging out with their sheep.

mixed reviews. i tried the lagfix, and i think it helped me some. but im still massively lagging, i cant use antialiasing, and i lag pretty bad, even in a 10 v 1 fight when im on horseback.

i tried to do the core/quad fix, but it didnt work. wheneve ri chose to not use core 0, and restarted the thing, it was already using all of them again. im not sure how to do that one, because the way that it was explained there doesnt seem to work for me.

either ways, it seems up until now that the game is highly unstable. i can load the game up real easy, and the graphics look fine, but as soon as im fighting it starts lagging! lagging enough to make the fights unenjoyable because of the stuttering.

There was a Basque Company or mercenaries (Navarrese, but it's the same), a group of Navarrese almughavar-like guys that took Neopatras from the Catalans. Maybe there's something about that.

As far as I know, all the Pyrineean peoples were very famous for exporting mercenaries. I believe that there was almost no difference between a man from Roncesvalles, one from Bolea and one from la Cerdanya, except for the language they spoke, and probably before the Romans came, all those areas were inhabitated by Basque-Iberian peoples with the same cultural traits and similar language (yes, I bet Iberian is a relative of Basque).

Well of course iberians are related to the basque. Its been thousands of years you know, and I'm sure there were pretty ladies on both sides of the fence, eh? :smile:

Crap. I think I need my Direct x9 updated. I looked for the drivers but my computer doesn't show up in the list for Asus laptops....

This is the current scenairo for me to play Warband:
Direct x7, Graphics Very High
mb1bc.jpg
Direct x9, Graphics Very High
mb2q.jpg
Direct x9, Graphics High
mb3rn.jpg
Direct x9, Graphics Medium
mb4o.jpg
Direct x9, Graphics Low
mb5s.jpg

As you can see, something funny is going on in Direct x7 that makes the grass/ground dark.

Obviously, my computer can run on very high settings, but it's unplayable. Stuttering badly.

High, Medium and Low work pretty much the same, a little bit better as I go down the line. But nothing that is from night to say. And in Direct x7, the game runs smoothly.

So, I'm thinking that it might be a direct x7/9 problem with my drivers.

Warband and normal M&B have always looked like that on Dx7 to me. I think that's just how it is. My new pc can pull off great graphics though, so I never use it anymore.

I just read about Directx 10.1?

Question:

If I update my Directx to 10.1, does that mean I am fully updated on Directx 7 and Directx 9?

And what is the difference between downloading Directx 10.1, and "updating you drives"?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here!

yeah, it's the default picture for the image host i was using. my actual avatar was deleted I guess... i haven't bother edin changing it. :smile:

i tried to do the core/quad fix, but it didnt work. wheneve ri chose to not use core 0, and restarted the thing, it was already using all of them again. im not sure how to do that one, because the way that it was explained there doesnt seem to work for me.

Same for me, I don't understand what it is supposed to do when i select affinity after having restarted warband. Could OP tell us more details about it please?

render_buffer_size = 500
What does this one mean? 'cause mine was set at 15  :S

thanks

Brubar said:

I got the same problem. Is there anythink i can do so that the deaktivation of the core 0 and all cores stays deaktivated?
This drives me crazy. Ive got no graphical problems, only these damn units are causing lags...

Nerius said:

Same for me. Anyone can help with this thing? We will be very greatful.

Back
Top Bottom