Your World- Refuge in Audacity Gone Wild

Users who are viewing this thread

Swadius 2.0

Grandmaster Knight
Saw this on B12, wonder what you guys will think of it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world

"45 BACKERS

$10,541 PLEDGED OF $1,100,000 GOAL

46 DAYS TO GO"

About the person as stated on the page.

I have been a gamer for over 30 years. I have played everything from Pong to all the current MMORPG games.

I am an idea man. I think of what I want and I try to make it happen. I am in love with this project and I will do everything in my power to hire all the right people to make this project a reality if it is fully funded.

I am already gathing information for team members and I have updated this page with more information on my vision of the game. So I hope you will fund this project.

A MMORPG Game built by Gamers for Gamers funded by Gamers.

I am tired of playing games where not everything we want is already in place. Ex: guild banks. Who creates a game with guilds and doesn't give you a bank right off the bat. All the games! Its sad.

Let us start at the beginning of the game and work our way through it.

Game Title: Your World is not going to be the actual game title. We are using it to stress our vision for the game. This title will change. We may even have a contest to select it. With some really cool rewards for the winner. As well as server names may be created by the users in a contest.

Server Selection: This selection will be based on the type of world you would like to make your home for this Avatar. Each server world will be slightly different then another. One will be a mostly water and all Avatars will have under water breathing. While another will be a volcanic world and your Avatar will have a high resistance to fire. Now you will not have to create Avatars on the other worlds to experience them. You will be able to travel to them via a shuttle or your own spaceship for Universal Quests and PVP.

Avatar creation: You will be able to create your own race. You will be given a set of body parts. Each of these body parts can be place into a model to create your race. You may also once completed submit your design to us and we may, if we like it, set it up as a premade for others. Allowing them to change things like hair color, skin tones, eye color like most of the games now just a little more extensive. You will be able to create up to 10 Avatars on each server. So if you want Elf ears, Human Hands and arms, Orc trunk, dwarf legs, and a human head you may do so. Then change things as stated above. Now to show off your race you will be able to run off all your armor so your race could be seen as is. Well with underwear that is. You can’t run around buck naked. Or will you in some areas? We have got to give you some mystery to think about. We may even use your story about your race for our premade if yours is selected. Avatars will be able to marry other avatars and sex of the couple or race will not matter. Once you are married you will be able to share a home and town with your significant other. We may allow you to have children, either through sexual relations or adoption, who will grow up to be your next Avatar.

In game items: You will be able to quest and play for in game items, or purchase them for real cash. There are so many ideas for this going around right now it’s too expansive to really go into detail at the moment. You will be able to link paypal and or Amazon accounts so you can pay and receive real cash for in game items. Do you remember all those vendors in cities that sell pretty useless equipment? We won’t be having any of those. We will be selling Green level items or better.

Mounts: If you wish you will be able to use a mount at level 1. You will have to purchase it, but you will be able to mount. I hate spending most of my in game time running around. Flying will also be available on all world maps not just set to certain areas. Now you will have to purchase a flying mount meaning. You can’t get a horse and expect it to fly, but you can get a horse with wings and fly. There will also be water and land mounts. Each one will have an increase speed based on its nature. So a dragon is going to fly a bit faster than a winged horse will. A race car mount will move faster than a horse mount. So I think you get where I am going here. You will be able to add items to your mount once purchased to increase its speed. You will not need to keep buying other mounts. Your level 1 mount could last you though your entire life in the game. You will be able to name your mount as well.

Lore: We will not have a ton of it at the beginning. We want to see how the users formulate their own quests. Yes there will be small what I like to call Quest Lore, but nothing like End game stuff in WoW or Class stuff in SWTOR. We want to base our lore around what you the users create in Your World.

PVP and PVE: There will be no separate worlds (servers) that will be one or the other. It will all be PVE. You will at all times have control of your PVP status. We will have specific areas that are marked for PVP, but you decide if you are there to participate or watch the mayhem. We will have zones like Battlegrounds where once you enter you are marked for PVP until you leave. You will be able to PVP anywhere in the world. We may even do PVP 1 on 1 that uses an arcade stick and works like Fighting games. We will have to see.

Cities, Towns and Land: Much like Second life you will be able to buy land and create from premade (for now we may add more customization later) homes a place of your own. It will be a lot like what you could do in FFXI, but better. You can also give people keys to your house. If they piss you off you can revoke their key. They can go in and look around or meet you there and even get resting bonus. You can create a garden or farm with animals and things you would need instead of going out and questing for things. You are an herbalist you can make a garden and grow your own herbs. Slaughter you own animals for food. Animals will be able to mate to create young that will grow. You can sell them on the auction house. You will be able to furnish your house and make it your place. Cities will be created by the game and controlled by the game. You will be able to create small towns with taverns, armor shops, Weapons shops, etc. You will be able to create quests for visitors to your town to complete for experience. You will have a set range for each quest and a max amount you can have each day. They will turn in items or trophies of their kills to complete the quest. You will not be able to turn them on other players for quests. Now if your town is marked for PVE the environment will be able to come into your town and try to take it over. You will then have to come in and try and win it back if your town falls. If you win the assault or win it back you will gain town experience you can trade in for items for your town and better NPC’s to protect it. Much like what rift does with their towns. While your town is under the environments control you will not game anything from it.

Auction House: An auction house will be created that all can use. Not like Wow was in the beginning where only Horde could buy from Horde. It will allow all to access from the start. How this one will differ from others is that you can buy items with either in game gold or real cash. If real cash is selected you will receive 50% of real cash sale price, 45% will go to the game to help pay for it and 5% will go to charities that will be set up in advance by the game. We will contribute to human issues like Healthcare, housing, food, schools, etc. You will be able to ear mark where your 5% will go from a list of charities the game has selected.

Guilds: Lets 1st start off by saying you will have a guild bank at the start. As well as guild perks and player boosts. You will also be allowed to join more than one guild. Much like FFXI you will have an item you ware that connects you to that specific guild. Guilds will be able to pool their cash and build a guild town as well where the guild members can sell their wares to all. Why? Because the auction house will have fees, but selling in your own town there will be no fees. This is why you will want to build a town be it a guild town or a personal town. There will be a meeting hall standard where guild members can meet. What is sold in the guild shops 50% will go to the Guild bank and the other 50% will go to the player who is selling it. You will not be able to get real cash here. Only in game gold will be used.

Production and Gathering: We will have the standard skills like herbing, mining, fishing, Armoring, Weapon making, etc. Here is the great thing. You will be able to do these things not only in game, but outside the game via applications. Yes there will be a fee to download these applications, but you’re in game time can be spent questing and doing PVP and not gathering. You would sit in the doctor’s office and fish or herb or craft some new armor or weapons which will then transfer to your Avatar in game.

Leveling: There will be no level cap. As you grow in levels so will the game and its content. We are not going to limit your world.

Space and Beyond: As your world (server) you will gain access to space travel. You will be able to travel from one world (server) to another. You will be able to buy or create your own space ship and go on space battles against the horde of creatures that have also leveled to the point of space travel. This is where the world will have to work together. There will be quests and puzzles that will need to be complete and materials gathered and turned in to the world council. Once your world reaches certain levels you will gain space travel and be allowed to participate in multi world quests and PVP events.

I hope this gets you a better idea of what I am striving for and you get as excited as I am. The rewards for donating will be changing over the next 30 days so keep looking. They will only get better. Some examples are tee shirts, mugs, Statues etc. So keep looking and keep donating and spread the word!

If you have questions I have not answered in this update please email me. I will be happy to try and answer them.

Server selection. Travel to other servers in a space ship(?)

Mix and match body parts of your avatar. Sexual relations.

Buy your stuff with real money, and "Do you remember all those vendors in cities that sell pretty useless equipment? We won’t be having any of those. We will be selling Green level items or better." Whatever this means.

You get mounts at level one. "A race car mount will move faster than a horse mount." :cool:

Lore and quests: Don't know what to make of this section. No mechanics described.

Out-rightly states that it will take a lot of stuff from from Second Life.

I especially like this part: "Space and Beyond: As your world (server) you will gain access to space travel. You will be able to travel from one world (server) to another. You will be able to buy or create your own space ship and go on space battles against the horde of creatures that have also leveled to the point of space travel. This is where the world will have to work together. There will be quests and puzzles that will need to be complete and materials gathered and turned in to the world council. Once your world reaches certain levels you will gain space travel and be allowed to participate in multi world quests and PVP events." I... do not know what to make of this.

"Concept art"
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world/posts

image-99927-full.jpg

image-99928-full.jpg

What are the chances that you think this gets made :lol:?

Where does it say he's a lottery winner? People keep mentioning it but I can't see where he says that.

This Comment!
I'm sorry, i have 9 years experience in the game industry. All MMOs starting with ultima online and going thru the likes of, Dark age of Camelot, Warhammer online, Dungeon runners, wizard 101 and others. I'm sorry if i seem harsh i really know you probably mean well. But you say you are talking to designers. but in your posts and reward tiers you are already spouting out tons on the design of the game. It seems you have already designed this in your head and it just seems like a loose string of things you thought of off the top of your head. I just dont want to see poor people who know little about this industry lose their money because they believe this is going to happen.
It does not matter to you because you are already crazy rich. but anyone who puts any significant amount of money in this project is likely to lose it. because at the last second you can afford to buy out the rest of the kickstarter and take any amount of money that has been bid. (if it gets high enough to cover the kickstarter and amazon fees that is)
I am fully confident that even if you got the full million of the goal. and even if you put your 50 million or whatever in it. there is next to zero percent chance you will ever release this game, and if you did it would not be anywhere near the crazy high goals you have.

OrangeKnight said:
This Comment!
I'm sorry, i have 9 years experience in the game industry. All MMOs starting with ultima online and going thru the likes of, Dark age of Camelot, Warhammer online, Dungeon runners, wizard 101 and others. I'm sorry if i seem harsh i really know you probably mean well. But you say you are talking to designers. but in your posts and reward tiers you are already spouting out tons on the design of the game. It seems you have already designed this in your head and it just seems like a loose string of things you thought of off the top of your head. I just dont want to see poor people who know little about this industry lose their money because they believe this is going to happen.
It does not matter to you because you are already crazy rich. but anyone who puts any significant amount of money in this project is likely to lose it. because at the last second you can afford to buy out the rest of the kickstarter and take any amount of money that has been bid. (if it gets high enough to cover the kickstarter and amazon fees that is)
I am fully confident that even if you got the full million of the goal. and even if you put your 50 million or whatever in it. there is next to zero percent chance you will ever release this game, and if you did it would not be anywhere near the crazy high goals you have.
sanity! logic! reason!

Back
Top Bottom