Need More Info File read failed! Please try to verify your installation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2023-10-15_19.34.32_00000000000000000000000000000000
Summary: Dialog window "File read failed! Please try to verify your installation!" appears. Game crashes.
How to Reproduce: Sorry for unclear steps to reproduce, but in my case game fails:
- on first "Bannerlord2" screen right after start
- after inventory is opened
- after "clan" screen is opened
- after enter a random castle/city
- after battle ends
- when "trade" screen is opened while in city
- etc.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related): Not related.
Media (Screenshots & Video): I'll upload if really needed. But this is default windows error dialog with one "Ok" button.
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX-1070
GPU Driver Version: Latest
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-165
RAM: 16GB, sorry don't remember which DDR. I'll provide if it is critical.
Motherboard: I don't know, who cares.
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD.

Additional information:
- I have around 400 hours in game, around 380 hours it was fine, then it just become laggy and unstable. Everything is loading much longer that it was like 2 weeks ago.
Game crashes after basically any action randomly with same error all the time.
- Now your CrashReporter is not working, game crashes and nothing happens. I've provided crash log from one of my crashes, this is the last one, that your CrashReporter created, now it is not working.

What I've already tried:
- your common trouble shooting, everything, please ... this is important - i've tried everything from common troubleshooting.
- I've tried o update to 2.0.smth Beta - issue persists
- I've created new Windows account (admin) to make cleanest new install possible
- I've tried to verify local files on Steam several times
- I've updated antivirus settings
- I've used some 3rd party LatencyMon tool to monitor drivers - nothing unusual (if it matters for you)

P.s. your game is great, but stopped working. Please help.

The crash dump you attached is a crash we are aware. Which is something that results because of the save file is from a future version that is been loaded on a previous one. We don't support forward compatibility so it is normal to have that crash. For others you mentioned, have you tried the clean install method?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game when you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or add contents to the existing modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged. You can find more information about how to do a clean install here.

The crash dump you attached is a crash we are aware. Which is something that results because of the save file is from a future version that is been loaded on a previous one. We don't support forward compatibility so it is normal to have that crash. For others you mentioned, have you tried the clean install method?
Yeah, I've tried clean install from your guide, and also added new Windows user to have even "more clean" install. It is mentioned in initial description:
"I've created new Windows account (admin) to make cleanest new install possible"

Is there a way to start your Debugger manually. Maybe not debugger ... crash analyzer ... crash reporter, whatever you call it - program that gather crash log and sent it to you.
As mentioned initially, it is now not working.

Regarding forward compatibility, it is highly unlikely, crash occurred after clean install. I am not saying that you are wrong, but I am not sure that saving future/past version of files is right behavior for newly installed game.

Thanks for sharing your situation.
Yeah, I've tried verifying files for several times, as it is written in the description:
"I've tried to verify local files on Steam several times"
And still not working? I had that issue. I verified twice lol, then disabled all mods and played vanilla then enabled mods one at a time. That fixed it

So, any help/news ? What info do you need more ?
Sorry, guys, but you are useless support ever, you just mark "need more info" for your customers.

For anyone who read it - it is useless to to create tickets here, you will receive "Need more info" and that's it.

For dev team - contact me, i'll create a script for you that sets 'Need more info" for tickets and randomly pastes text from FAQ, you can fire all your support team and save a lot of money :smile:

So, any help/news ? What info do you need more ?
Sorry, guys, but you are useless support ever, you just mark "need more info" for your customers.

For anyone who read it - it is useless to to create tickets here, you will receive "Need more info" and that's it.

For dev team - contact me, i'll create a script for you that sets 'Need more info" for tickets and randomly pastes text from FAQ, you can fire all your support team and save a lot of money :smile:
Just make it anyway as a mod, the devs clearly have abandoned the game development. It's like Turks are allergic to money or something.

Back
Top Bottom