Younger Companions please

Users who are viewing this thread

Can we get companions without faux-tragic backstories that are not veteran sellswords, who want to come along for adventure and a chance to learn? Companions with just basic skills equivalent to a character's starting stats that we can mold how we want? Striplings, medical students, engineering students, scouts, etc?

Please?

Don't get me wrong I like the procedurally generated veteran companions, but rookie companions have their place too and I'd love to actually shape the career of a follower.

I want a younger PC :sad:
get these 2 mods and you can make it happen, use the console command campaign.set_main_hero_age <age> and you can finally be the age you want to be lol

I agree we could do with more "simple" companions/people with clean slates. But for the time being, I've found a way to get a level 0 companion for 10 gold.

Find and do the kidnapped daughter quest, once you track her down, kill her lover and she'll become a companion, take her back to the elder's village, speak to the guy to drop her off & complete the quest, then immediately re-hire her for 10 gold pieces lol. (Alternatively, if it's early game and you're hurting for cash, strip her of her stuff before completing it and sell it for bonus cash, in addition to the reward, if you don't want to hire her).

There you go a basic, young, cheap, companion with a generic backstory and 0 starting skills.

I also got a similar basic companion out of a 'Family feud' quest after completing it and immediately re-hiring the guy.

Also why is there so few Khuzait companions? Even in the Khuzait cities most of the ones you can get in taverns aren't even Khuzaits, not sure what's up with that

get these 2 mods and you can make it happen, use the console command campaign.set_main_hero_age <age> and you can finally be the age you want to be lol
You don't need the first mod. facegen.show_debug, or something, can turn the detailed character creation on.

I agree we could do with more "simple" companions/people with clean slates. But for the time being, I've found a way to get a level 0 companion for 10 gold.

Find and do the kidnapped daughter quest, once you track her down, kill her lover and she'll become a companion, take her back to the elder's village, speak to the guy to drop her off & complete the quest, then immediately re-hire her for 10 gold pieces lol. (Alternatively, if it's early game and you're hurting for cash, strip her of her stuff before completing it and sell it for bonus cash, in addition to the reward, if you don't want to hire her).

There you go a basic, young, cheap, companion with a generic backstory and 0 starting skills.

I also got a similar basic companion out of a 'Family feud' quest after completing it and immediately re-hiring the guy.

I did this unintentionally a few days ago. Bonus is you can do it to multiple people. They start off as almost a blank slate. I also noticed there are a few more quest related people you could invite to your party in the middle or after completing the quest.

Back
Top Bottom