[WPL2] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion said:
You keep trying to deflect and misdirect, but you haven't given us any reason to believe you're not at fault here for manipulating rules for your own personal gain.

Arys said:
As for providing transperancy, I'm completely fine with doing so. I really don't have anything to hide. We discussed all of this thoroughly. So if any player that has participated in the tournament would like some, just shoot me a PM and I'll respond with our discussion logs.

I didn't do this for personal benefit, I didn't make the final decision. There is documented evidence of this that I'm willing to share with those who wish to see it.

Not gonna respond to the rest of it, because it's basically just going in circles. I've said my piece.

Believe what you want Marnid, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Can someone put a tl;dr to explain what exactly wer'e arguing about here

There is documented evidence of this that I'm willing to share with those who wish to see it.
Show me here. I want to see it, and I want the people who were involved to be able to confirm whether or not it's accurate & complete.

Arys said:
marnid is angry bc i ruined "his idea" by changing the map pool for the finals

he says it was a stupid idea and that i prob did it for personal gain

i said its a good idea and that i didnt

thats the tl;dr version of it
The tl;dr version is you have so far lied to me about the map pools used by the NA side of the tournament, which I have demonstrated beyond any doubt, and your team stands to gain by the changing of map pools so yes, you do have a plausible motive for doing so. What I want to see is how much you were involved in the decision to change the map pool. You refuse to post it publicly where it can be scrutinized.

[edit]

I would like to add that asking for disclosure of tournament decision-making is not unreasonable by any means, as everyone involved in the tournament has an interest in making sure it is run fairly, especially those whose money you're handling for the prize pool.

Orion said:
I would like to add that asking for disclosure of tournament decision-making is not unreasonable by any means, as everyone involved in the tournament has an interest in making sure it is run fairly, especially those whose money you're handling for the prize pool.

Yeah I agree, that's what I said. I'll show anyone involved in the tournament.

Orion said:
Show me here. I want to see it, and I want the people who were involved to be able to confirm whether or not it's accurate & complete.

I don't care about you wanting to see it, you aren't involved in this tournament.

Have a good night though mate.

That's your excuse? That's why you won't show me what you've been up to?

You're a crooked ****, Arys, and I hope this bites you in the ass. The community deserves better than a slinking piece of **** like you.

Lol, whaaaat.

Jimmies rustled?

Not sure how I'm now casted as a crook for stating I'd share discussions with everyone involved in the tournament. There isn't any excuse - I just don't feel the need to tell you ****.

And as for the community thing, I'll let my time, money, and effort speak for that.

Your record means **** if you use it as a shield against public scrutiny when you're doing something shady. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that by sending that information by PMs you have total control of the information, meaning you can send altered or incomplete information that only supports yourself. That's why it must be public disclosure, and if you truly have nothing to hide then what do you have to lose but a couple minutes of your time?

Orion said:
Your record means **** if you use it as a shield against public scrutiny when you're doing something shady. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that by sending that information by PMs you have total control of the information, meaning you can send altered or incomplete information that only supports yourself. That's why it must be public disclosure, and if you truly have nothing to hide then what do you have to lose but a couple minutes of your time?

I'm not using it as shield against public scrutiny. I understand that when you're an admin, you're always in the center of the crosshair. I've never been opposed to it, and I've always welcomed it.

How would the information be different in the PM's than on the forums? I could still "alter" the information or send incomplete information whether it's publicly or privately.

You're really that dense? If it's public, everyone who was involved in the discussion (namely, the admins who made the decision to change the maps) could verify if the information was correct and complete. In PMs they would never know, nor would the recipient.

Ruthven said:
You are paranoid as **** marnid I gotta say
I'm not paranoid, I'm not afraid of showing anybody anything. This kind of sneaky **** sets a precedent we don't want, and at this point there are too many red flags. A check of his integrity is in order. It's called reasonable suspicion.

Orion said:
You're really that dense? If it's public, everyone who was involved in the discussion (namely, the admins who made the decision to change the maps) could verify if the information was correct and complete. In PMs they would never know, nor would the recipient.

I was planning to include all the admins in the PM's in the first place. But I guess, I'm the dense one here.

>Hosting a tournament for community, searching for sponsors and in the end donating his own money in prize pool of tournament
>Basically got called retarded because some annoying guy trying to be pain in ass cause some unnecessary drama.

Just ignore this guy, lmao, he's just a troll

You don't think he might want to get his own money back? Just because he put money up doesn't mean he's untouchable or beyond suspicion. Here's a word for you: naive.

Try looking past your own nose for once.

ExQx8Pk.png

The best meme-smiths of the age plie there trade at the great meme forge.

With each blow of their mighty meme-hammers, new dankness is spawned from the void.

Arys and Vorn adorn their vast halls with their many creations.

Legend says that the world itself was crafted by Arys, and the moon by Vorn.

@Marnid

As Arys was the only one to express himself so far, I will give my two cents as a tournament admin.

Firstly, no matter how good you speak or how relevant your arguments are, there is no justification to the clear aggressiveness you've showed since your first post. You litteraly came out of nowhere, and acted in the most disrespectful way possible towards someone who has litteraly worked his ass off to host one of the biggest and most succesful event on warband. Not only does it make you look like a complete muppet but it also weaken your argument which were already not carrying a lot of weight. Like, I'm seriously going to ask you? Who the f*** are you? I've joined the scene late 2014 and so far the only thing I've seen from you is your capacity to enter into endless forum fights, that you mostly end-up 'winning' not because you arguments make any sense but mainly because you clearly seem to have a lot of free time on your hands and like to spend it writting some novels. Surely you like to hear yourself talking, don't you?

You look like one of those typical old-player who, because they have been contributing to some part some years ago, think they've the right and the legitimacy to tell others how they should behave and how things should be done. I respect the fact you've been playing before me and I won't badmouth what you've possibly done for the community especially not since I'm not part of the NA scene, but that still doesn't give you any right to ****-talk anyone, especially someone who, as I already mentioned, is probably one of the most hardworking person of the scene at the moment.

By calling out Arys for manipulating the rules, cheating and a few others things, not only do you insult him but you also showed a clear lack of respect to the whole admin team by basically saying that we would only be puppets in his hands and the he can do whatever he wants. For your knowledges, as Arys already mentioned, the issue was discussed within the whole admin team, several times and I had personally many discussion with both Calamity and Arys. The situation is clearly not easy to deal with and probably lacks a bit of transparancy, I will give you that but that had to be expected when two of the WPL admins were also the captains of the two most serious contenders for the NA regionals. As long as we'll have people hosting tournaments and playing in at the same time, there will be not like 100% transparancy and this no matter how honest one can be. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, sorry to say.

This said, we've absolutly zero obligation to show those discussions, to anyone but to the first concerned themselves, knowing Arys and Calamity. (Which was done by the way, Arys saw the conco I had with Cal, and vice-versa). You can, if you wish, call out the WPL to be a corrupted tournament, lead by a malicious head-admin, we honestly couldn't care less. You're not involved in the WPL at all, which doesn't mean what you said is stupid (it is, but for other reasons), but that simply makes it totaly pointless in the eyes of the whole admin team. Anyone can come on this topic, and based on a good use of the english language, and a lot of writting, turn **** into gold and fool maybe a few. Shall we, as admin, give any credits to what this person says? Clearly not.

If there is anyone who carry the legitimacy to complain, its wK, and them only. They can, if they wish, ask the admin team to take a decision on the following matter, and Arys & Calamity, as they're directly concerned, would have been excluded from the following decision. They decided not to and will play the final regardless of what they think about Arys' change and we can only respect their decision which simply confirm their reputation, which is no longer to be praised.

What saddens me a bit is that, all in all, I can rely to what you've tried to do which is simply call out something which you believe is wrong. But you choosed to do it in the most disrespectful way possible, directly jumping at Arys' throat and trying to enter into an argument you thought you would have easily won. By doing so, you ruined yourself your whole argumentation, acted as a pathetic moron and if you think you've gained anything, that's only the right to carry the so desired title of 'Retard of the Month'.

Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom