[WPL2] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

KP67OZ3.png

SUGGESTIONS

Do you have any suggestions for this season of the Warband Pro League? If so, post here!

Fidel Lagstro said:
Since we are clearly moving towards making the flags the focal point of our matches. Could we change the flag textures to something smaller. The current banners on the flag are very big and cover a lot of important viewing angles. When you are fighting on the flag, you can swing through the flag (which isn't the problem), but you can't actually see which direction the person behind the flag is swinging from. If you are an archer sitting behind the flag, you can't see jack **** because the flag covers the entire view. Could we change the banners on the flag to something more like this

b3a8ce2dbf39284163dd0769fbfd3c5c.png

they would just be like small color coded circles or disks so like this one is red, so this one would be for Swadia, yellow for Sarranid, etc. They would serve the same purpose and make fighting on the flag a lot more playable.

I am wondering if the Servers will be open to everyone when playing in the tourny, while matches are going on... (I have never been in tourny so this is all new for me  :shifty:)

~Milky said:
I am wondering if the Servers will be open to everyone when playing in the tourny, while matches are going on... (I have never been in tourny so this is all new for me  :shifty:)

You mean like public? If so, no they won't be. Only tournament participants will have access to the server.

The admin passwords will be provided to all team captains, co-captains and staff members.

But if you don't need to change the map, you can join the server anytime, the defualt password to all the WPL servers is wpl2

Link

Pick either one and replace the existing file in the textures folder.  Remember to backup the original first though.

That said:
Arys said:
§ 4.1 VIOLATIONS
[list type=decimal]
[*]Altering files for an advantage. Cosmetic changes, such as round timers and crosshairs, do not count.
[/list]

Unless said otherwise I assume it would be banned, and just taking a screenshot is gonna show anyone using it.  Fair warning.

I'll take this down if the admins want, but given how easy it is to detect if it stays banned, I figure it's fair to let people at least see what it's like before the tournament starts.  Personally I've found seeing which flag spawned to be a pain.

JarvisAndPi said:
Link

Pick either one and replace the existing file in the textures folder.  Remember to backup the original first though.

That said:
Arys said:
§ 4.1 VIOLATIONS
[list type=decimal]
[*]Altering files for an advantage. Cosmetic changes, such as round timers and crosshairs, do not count.
[/list]

Unless said otherwise I assume it would be banned, and just taking a screenshot is gonna show anyone using it.  Fair warning.

I'll take this down if the admins want, but given how easy it is to detect if it stays banned, I figure it's fair to let people at least see what it's like before the tournament starts.  Personally I've found seeing which flag spawned to be a pain.

We'll make a decision on whether or not we'll allow that change within a day or two. But for now, it is against the rules, as it does give players an advantage over other players.

Just tested out the line one, definitely helps the visibility problems of fighting on flag, I like it. The only unfortunate thing I see about it is that it also replaces the faction banners on the top left that tell you which factions are playing and their scores, but since they are color coded correctly, it's not really an issue, and if you press tab, it still tells you what factions they are anyway.

IMO, the link to this should be provided in the rules under acceptable texture modifications so everyone can use them. Takes 2 seconds to download and 5 seconds to install it correctly, easy fix to a problem that should have been fixed years ago.

For what it's worth, it'll also mess with anyone that uses faction banners.  They'll just have a black background with the coloured line across.  Not a big issue, just another side effect.

This is what your shields would look like if you chose faction banners
Nords
5bbb865a97d1d135e9d403404f3e6f76.jpg

Rhodoks
4e7bd5f72b5b731beacfc45b4c7f0c36.jpg

They don't even look bad. And there is no error message.

This is what they look like up close
6c2de376a7a0d2d3d9868c3d27103635.jpg

This is what they look like from a distance
5f982a7d2d60692d6ccf1e60c480b5ed.jpg

781b2c7de149d2fe2e3e62ff9307fc48.jpg

They are better suited for fighting on flag, but as Jarvis stated, they are a little hard to see from a distance some times. For example, in my screens, you can see that the new Rhodok icon sort of blends in with the leaves on the tree in front of it, but it's a bit easier to see if there's something more solid and darker in front of it, like a wall or tree trunk.

This could probably be easily fixed by just making the icons a little wider and with some darker shades of their respective colors.

Fidel Lagstro said:
Just tested out the line one, definitely helps the visibility problems of fighting on flag, I like it. The only unfortunate thing I see about it is that it also replaces the faction banners on the top left that tell you which factions are playing and their scores, but since they are color coded correctly, it's not really an issue, and if you press tab, it still tells you what factions they are anyway.

IMO, the link to this should be provided in the rules under acceptable texture modifications so everyone can use them. Takes 2 seconds to download and 5 seconds to install it correctly, easy fix to a problem that should have been fixed years ago.
I would agree with Lag that some sort of smaller banner needs to be used.

I often play open map infantry for my team (and open maps usually require MOTF) and it's really frustrating to be fighting inf and not see them at all at times, or having a cav run through and hit you. The flag banners kind of impede player performance for infantry and ranged. I can't comment on how it affects cav, but I'm sure it's harder for them to hit ground troops through it too.

I edited it a little, I just took what Jarvis did and just made it 3 times bigger. Not sure if that fixed it or not.

YB39QHd.jpg

0IswHqQ.jpg

OjIIjNd.jpg

Edit:

guBVhI0.jpg

If everyone doesnt have it then I dont think it should be allowed. Currently everyone has to deal with the giant flags blocking their faces so I think its fair as is.

Back
Top Bottom