[WPL2] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

JarvisAndPi said:
Don't tell anyone when the match is happening.  Record it.  Stream the recording later. 

Assuming the teams can be good and not say anything, it would be just the same as streaming it live.

More of a workaround than a fix though.

The thing is: most teams have a very limited pool of timeslots in which they want to play their official. This makes it quite simple for someone to DDoS the match anyway.

Orion said:
Well, there isn't a prize pool for the international bit. It's for funsies and bragging rights, really. I wouldn't rush the NA final, though, as there were too many questions about it already. A clear, unquestionable outcome on a level playing field is what's needed.
The international bit does not have a prize pool, however there are still some good prizes.

"3 Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Gaming Mice
5 SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad
8 G-fuel 3 Packs, flavor of your choice!"

#InItForG-Fuel

And yea, there are 100% ways around the ddos attack if the person doesn't know its happening. I have a few ideas and I'll message Arys about them later, but I think our best bet is to just hide the fact that the match is happening. Its incredibly easy to ddos, and very hard to combat an attack, your best bet is to just not get attacked in the first place by hiding it somehow. Also, ddos protection is almost always bull****, if I were you I wouldn't bother trying to get "ddos protected servers" as a strong enough attack can bring down almost anything (not saying our "attacker" is capable of anything like that, but I still think that would be a waste of your money arys)

Faebio said:
Lets mention the best solutions a couple of more times to make sure Andrej knows exactly whats gonna be done  :facepalm:

The best solutions we have weren't mentioned, and the ones that were are pretty obvious to be honest (not to discredit those who suggested them, just saying, Andrei probably knew that, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out).

Nonetheless, it's my fault for not specifying, if you have any ideas, please share them with us, privately. 

Faebio said:
Lets mention the best solutions a couple of more times to make sure Andrej knows exactly whats gonna be done  :facepalm:

Basically this.  :lol:

If you've any interesting suggestions on how to fight the DDOS, contact Arys or any member of the admin team, privately. Thanks!

A Rocket League finals would be even easier than a warband final  :shifty:

We can wait 12 more days and decide this with a For Honor final
0c86e5a078d7a7b9eeef54b0f0bca7c4.gif

Stupid formatting issues made me turn it into a gif for it to look right on everyone's screen  :cry:

I wouldn't even exchange my **** stained toilet paper for that game. On the other hand, For Honor has an open beta from the 9th through the 12th, be there or be square  :party:

Back
Top Bottom