WNL3 is coming back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Folms said:
Why shouldn't it though? Isn't it Warband Native League?
If you're gonna let Americans join then let them play fairly or rename the tournament to ENL.
Majority of Competitive players are in the EU, I see no reason to set up a home/away system for only 1 or 2 teams from the USA.
It would be much easier to include them fairly if they had a decent amount of teams willing to play.

There's obviously not going to be a home/away system. If an North American teams which to participate it will be done on a European server that suits their opposition.

Pretty obvious.

ssalih said:
m1tchell23 said:
then they can **** off
No need for any of that.

I see no reason to not allow American teams to join in the tournament. From what I know, the tournament isn't just for Europeans even though mostly EU's teams play in it. I suppose setting up a system for fair pings would probably get too complicated, since there are (perhaps) only a couple NA teams. I still stand to my opinion that higher pings (140 and below) means mostly nothing. I say that if enough NA teams wish to compete, a system should be figured out to include everyone [EDIT: but again, the main point is NA teams should be able to sign up and play regardless].

BlackTide said:
Americans shouldn't be afforded any undue niceties, the principle of having a home/away system holds strong enough in the Nations cup where it is about optimising fairness, but even though WNL isn't obtuse enough to have the word 'European' in its titled it fairly obviously is a European Tournament. Call me a reactionary but I don't see a reason to offer them a fair footing in European Tournaments when they go to the lengths that they do to restrict Europeans reasonably playing in their main tournaments - Why should they share in the fruits of our competition when they protectively shun our players from their community?
With that being said, I don't think that it's reasonable to have a blanket ban on American teams but they should play on German servers in the unlikely event that they sign up.

This.

I honestly don't see a reason to start NA vs EU drama again :roll:

Pretty sure wK or any other NA clan are aware that their scrims would be played on EU server if they decide to join WNL.

Achaner said:
ssalih said:
m1tchell23 said:
then they can **** off
No need for any of that.

I see no reason to not allow American teams to join in the tournament. From what I know, the tournament isn't just for Europeans even though mostly EU's teams play in it. I suppose setting up a system for fair pings would probably get too complicated, since there are (perhaps) only a couple NA teams. I still stand to my opinion that higher pings (140 and below) means mostly nothing. I say that if enough NA teams wish to compete, a system should be figured out to include everyone [EDIT: but again, the main point is NA teams should be able to sign up and play regardless].

130 ping means nothing? alright xD

Home/away system is **** in this particular case.
Every year we see russian, polish and lithaunian teams participate in this tournament, which is really one of the few chances for competitive playing for them. Every year we see those teams having rather high pings on middle european server, now imagine what will happen when we force them to play on american servers. I'm sure it'd be less likely that those teams will paricipate with having these conditions.

Volshen said:
While you are arguing, I just wanna ask whether this WNL will have the same picking system as previous ones or not?

Format\Rules and everything else will be said when sign-ups will be opened ( very VERY soon )

Shemaforash said:
130 ping means nothing? alright xD
It doesn't. Just a small handicap that is easy to learn to play with.

And yes, not having a home/away system is fine, my only concern is discriminating against NA and other teams. But as this was already addressed, it's fine now.
Duken said:
Format\Rules and everything else will be said when sign-ups will be opened ( very VERY soon )
Sounds good!

As an American player with an unfortunate amount of experience in Nations Cups, I would beg you not to consider home/away at all. Keep it all on European servers. Set a default server (I would imagine a german server, but thats completely up to you) and just say "if teams cannot agree on a fair server then they play here" and leave it at that. And disqualify any teams at the earliest sign of *****iness.

Also, I'm not totally attune the the humor of wK, but I'm like 85% certain that post was a joke.

gl, hope lust streams!!

Back
Top Bottom