Will you lose all hope if the next patch isnt HUGELY oriented towards MP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah but it was clarified that on CAVALRY it was super strong. It was the main meta of WB comp probably on par with making sure archers would get shield drops. It was just one of those things you would always do if you had the option. I mean you know it's powerful when every scrim vs Swad turned into everyone scrambling to find long awlpikes off of corpses at the end of round and cheering if you managed to get to it in time or your entire team sighing to themselves if your cav was stupid enough to get killed with the awlpike out because now the enemy has it.

But yes, the long awlpike did not carry the same weight on foot besides giving infantry a pretty easy weapon to stop cav with and if I'm remembering right it was a good weapon to shield stun with.
I think its absurdly funny that long awlpike was the most OP thing in warband considering that nearly every cav class in bannerlord has a long awlpike that can couch

Would like to see some examples of this because this is not the intended design. Awlpike is an exclusive perk for the Voulgier. And pikes can't be used in horseback.
Also, if i recall correctly alwpike was an infantry item in Warband, you could give it to a cavalry or just mount a horse to use it on horseback.

My bad for not being more clear. I was talking about current Bannerlord cav lances being comparable to the Long Awlpike from warband. I honestly forgot that Volgier even gets a long awlpike because the twohanders see so little play in Skirmish. In case you were not aware of the comp meta, it became pretty much mandatory for swadian cav to receive a long awlpike from their infantry as the meta progressed. It was faster, longer, and more lethal than the standard lances.

@Younes123 Yes you bolded the part of the sentence that does not include cavalry, if you keep reading the sentence until the end as you're supposed to do to figure out what someone is talking about you'll find he is referring to long awlpikes in terms of cavalry. Either way it's besides the point to the rest of the thread now.

I lost hope a while ago, I've resigned to accepting the cesspool and rivaling in it's filth. My E key will be broken from use before they fix the issues.

I lost hope a while ago, I've resigned to accepting the cesspool and rivaling in it's filth. My E key will be broken from use before they fix the issues.

If Beeflip would just make a highlight reel everyone watching would probably realize why a lot of changes need to be made to the game. No disrespect obv Beeflip is great player, just also great at abusing the current state of the game as we see :fruity:

Throwing weapons are too strong. They are either moving too fast through the air, or do too much damage, or are too accurate. Currently they are all three, buy maybe fixing one of these will help balance them. Also, the fact that kick and throw is a thing is laughable.

Classes are awful and non-nonsensical in terms of loadouts. Also, being a peasant that can pick up a bow and mount a war horse and ride the horse while firing the bow is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

This game needs major MP fixes.

If Beeflip would just make a highlight reel everyone watching would probably realize why a lot of changes need to be made to the game.
I wish I could show you my hard drive, the amount of kick-xbow and gimmick clips I have is disgusting

I think an important thing to note here too is how low your ping is, which allows you to pull off some things like that. Gets much much harder to do the further away you get from new york. Might be why forsaken didn't try and kick you back, and its very possible your bashes didn't even show up on his screen in a way that made them avoidable. I know from Hawaii, trying to land a kick or bash is near suicide. You have to aim where the enemy is not at, because of the delay/latency of the server. Its doable. Just stupid to do against a low ping player who can see it coming from a mile away.

Main Hot-Fix

Versions
Native: e1.4.1
SandboxCore: e1.4.1
Sandbox: e1.4.1
Storymode: e1.4.1
CustomBattle: e1.4.1

• You can now add multiplayer friends through their Bannerlord ID.
    • Added in-game username system called Bannerlord ID. You can choose a username for yourself under the Social tab. Players are given a random username on login if they don't have one. Usernames should be between 5-30 characters and only letters are allowed.
  • Minor serverside improvements.
  • Fixed a bug that caused 6-player parties to be removed from the Siege pool if they haven't been on queue for 3 minutes.
  • Fixed Custom Games not having auto team balance.
  • Fixed barriers to prevent players go out of bounds or phase into objects (like walls, boxes etc.).
  • Fixed a bug that makes the player able to speak to a notable with "request a meeting with someone" menu button.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when asking tavern keeper for available quests.
  • Fixed a bug caused specific games to be created twice.
  • Fixed an error that caused the player to be able to propose war/peace decisions while being under a mercenary contract.
  • Minor bugfix with Kingdom Decision system.

There you go guys... what more did you want...?

I guess we will need to wait a little longer for the 'patch-that-was-promised'

They also fixed the sound of footsteps and hoofbeats. Now it’s tripping me out because I got used to ignoring the sounds but they’re actually accurate. Pretty cool

Edit: heads up there’s a thread with a poll in the main section with what the devs should prioritize. Diplomacy is top of the list with 105 votes followed by combat parameters at 75. Mp is in the middle somewhere with 34 votes. Are there more than 34 mp players who frequent the forums?

Last edited:
They also fixed the sound of footsteps and hoofbeats. Now it’s tripping me out because I got used to ignoring the sounds but they’re actually accurate. Pretty cool

Edit: heads up there’s a thread with a poll in the main section with what the devs should prioritize. Diplomacy is top of the list with 105 votes followed by combat parameters at 75. Mp is in the middle somewhere with 34 votes. Are there more than 34 mp players who frequent the forums?

Well i voted combat parametres as I feel thats important for MP & SP. I really think it's the biggest priority overall and to be honest IMPO talking about anything else is a bit pointless until its fixed haha! It's just so so vital for the combat to be perfect; we can worry about balances or whatever after.

Well i voted combat parametres as I feel thats important for MP & SP. I really think it's the biggest priority overall and to be honest IMPO talking about anything else is a bit pointless until its fixed haha! It's just so so vital for the combat to be perfect; we can worry about balances or whatever after.

I also voted for the combat parameters back in the day. It is something so fundamental and so extremely basic that it should be the first option voted (imo) because we are inevitably fighting and battling 80% of the gameplay in SP and 100% in MP. Having said that, the vote for diplomacy I think is because people want to know what the hell we are going to find out about it, we know absolutely nothing.

In terms of ping difference, and how major it is, i've made this video. I recorded in 720p on accident like a derp, so don't mind that.

Hopefully this showcases the glaring difference between low ping players and higher ping players, and how the game works. I initially wanted to test how swing/block delay functioned between Low and High ping players, but I learned some interesting things while doing so. In this video, Silas had 5 ping. I have about 120 ping. Before you go saying, yeah that's lag for you. Yes. It is. But when concerning things like Block and Swing delay, these types of things happening make it extremely hard to fight on a fair footing. Watching Beeflip's video is what got me curious as to the difference in perspectives and visuals here. So I imagine Forsaken honestly couldn't see or react to some of those bashes you threw at him due to these types of things going on, those bashes are really fast after all.

That all being said. Can't wait for some west coast servers!

So I imagine Forsaken honestly couldn't see or react to some of those bashes you threw at him due to these types of things going on, those bashes are really fast after all.

Even at low ping I'd be skeptical that anyone would be able to react to a bash and dodge it after its already began. You can usually tell when you're in danger of being bashed because the enemy is so close to you but without a shield what can you really do about it? Beeflip was doing a great job at suppressing Forsaken and making it so it would be too dangerous to counter bash since he runs a risk of getting popped in the face for not defending from Beeflip's prepared attacks. To be fair though if someone had bashed me 12 times in a row like that I'd probably just take the risk anyway but doesn't make either of the players feel good for having to fight like that :lol: . Maybe bashes could be remedied if you could defend from kicks and bashes the same way you would defend kicks from warband, make it so you can actually use lateral and backwards movement to create space so the combat isn't a face hug war.

Also, glad to see you playing again Beetle!

Back
Top Bottom