will we get more colour options for banners or are they set in stone now

Users who are viewing this thread

I know there are likely more pressing issues than banners currently but i was wondering if:

1. there will be more colours than there are now (could even be a colour wheel maybe)

2. if we will be able to have more than two colours on a banner like this

Historia_Normannis.png

or this (you get the idea)
images

as you can see there are 3 colours (could maybe have more)

3. allow things like the image above where the banner can be split into multiple areas e.g. have quarters in which we can choose the colours/ place an image from the banner selector

might have missed something if you have any more ideas add them and before anyone says it i know you can import custom banners already but its a faff and i would like a better banner editor

oh and final thing the banner colours could be tied to the faction you join so when you start the game you make a banner (dk if this will change) but then it could prompt the player when they join a kingdom that if they would like to they could change the banner to match the colours of the faction they are a part of (again just an idea)

They have a bunch of color and banner mods on nexusmods if you don't feel like waiting. You can download Vortex from the website and download the mods straight to it, it's so easy I could even do it.

They have a bunch of color and banner mods on nexusmods if you don't feel like waiting. You can download Vortex from the website and download the mods straight to it, it's so easy I could even do it.

thanks didnt know this but was wondering if we know if the devs are changing the current system as i tend to run the game on the newest beta and i know some mods can be slow to update

No idea on any timelines, I only starting coming on the forums a few days ago but there are decapitation mods on there as well, enhanced character customization too.

If your game starts crashing just disable all the mods and turn them on one at a time until you figure out which on is doing it, the decapitation mod used to crash my game here and there, usually when you beheaded a Lord, I don't know if it's fixed yet.

Why bother with the in-game banner creator, when there's an external one that gives you unlimited color and emblem placement options?
Did it stop working while I wasn't playing the game or something?

Why bother with the in-game banner creator, when there's an external one that gives you unlimited color and emblem placement options?
Did it stop working while I wasn't playing the game or something?

thats not what ime asking im asking if the devs plan to add there own better versions and look at my perivous point in tht it will likely stop working when somethuing major changes so im avoidng mods for a while

thats not what ime asking im asking if the devs plan to add there own better versions and look at my perivous point in tht it will likely stop working when somethuing major changes so im avoidng mods for a while
I mean, copy pasting a code into the game, is not really modifying a game at all, but i got ya, this is the main reason i am not playing the game right now, to make it enjoyable it requires plenty of mods that can break anytime they release a small hotfix or a major one.

I mean, copy pasting a code into the game, is not really modifying a game at all, but i got ya, this is the main reason i am not playing the game right now, to make it enjoyable it requires plenty of mods that can break anytime they release a small hotfix or a major one.
I don't agree that those mods are required; but fair enough. Wait until release, see how it is then.

I don't agree that those mods are required; but fair enough. Wait until release, see how it is then.
I am a very patient person, i have never really complained, and i didn't mean to here as well.
Been waiting since they first announced the prequel, a few more months, or a year or two more, i don't mind.
I am actually very happy that i could try the game already, even though it still has small/major issues.

Btw, to stay on topic, i wish there would be a similar logo designer ingame what APB had, but with an option to import new primitives.

But there's literally no point in bothering to expand it. Anybody who wants to have a nice banner uses the external creator. And making it in-game will never be as smooth and easy to use. Also, it's not a mod. It literally is a very simple site, from which you copy a code and past it in-game.

But there's literally no point in bothering to expand it. Anybody who wants to have a nice banner uses the external creator. And making it in-game will never be as smooth and easy to use. Also, it's not a mod. It literally is a very simple site, from which you copy a code and past it in-game.

You do need BannerPaste to make pasting a banner design into BL work, unless something changed in the last two patches.

but having a system in game would allow lords to have either full or semi randomized banners in the faction and then the rulers could keep the same one but IDK

The Banner editor on the site is an absolute pain to use, and the one in the game itself is an absolute Joke.
Don't get me wrong i don't blame the site for that, but i do blame TW for that.

The Banner editor on the site is an absolute pain to use, and the one in the game itself is an absolute Joke.
Don't get me wrong i don't blame the site for that, but i do blame TW for that.

what gets me is the banners used in custom battle are the sort of thing i would like to use in a campagin so it makes me belivive that we might get something better or they just made those ones for custom battles

Back
Top Bottom