Wife not getting pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Here in this playthrough...no one's getting pregnant...and they're all approaching 35, which is like the last year the game lets you have kids.

...we're going to have an extinction level event among the nobles! :xf-eek:

I recently learned that there is a 5% probability of any female Hero (except the player) being infertile. It's randomly decided at the beginning of each playthrough. That's why some people have 25 children with one wife, and others have 0.

lol...what are the chances that all the eligible female nobles are sterile? xD

....still no new heir and I've been running this on Turbo-speed for the past 40-ish minutes.

lol...what are the chances that all the eligible female nobles are sterile? xD

....still no new heir and I've been running this on Turbo-speed for the past 40-ish minutes.
Very low. But there's an issue to be considered here. Only the nobles that are married at the beginning of the game will ever produce children, and that stops once the female is 46. They're already much older than the player when the game starts.

The "eligible" nobles don't marry each other right now, so they won't have children unless they married the player.

Weird, the last playthrough, seemed like everyone was having kids. Heck, I ended up with 4.
I had 15 on my first playthrough before the wife died in childbirth. And when the first daughter came of age, there was literally only one male child from the NPC's able to marry her.

If I recall correctly there's a Medicine perk that increases fertility (although it probably isn't implemented yet). So I'm guessing every playthrough the ladies are randomly assigned a fertility number or range. My character married Liena (like so many others it seems) and she knocked out 6 in a little over two years.
well that time line isn't off at all :mrgreen:

well that time line isn't off at all :mrgreen:
lol. I actually double-checked that later. It was 6 in a little over three years. Which is still off by human standards.

There's now a mod over on the Nexus called full-term pregnancy, that makes gestation take three seasons instead of two.

I recently learned that there is a 5% probability of any female Hero (except the player) being infertile. It's randomly decided at the beginning of each playthrough. That's why some people have 25 children with one wife, and others have 0.
If this is actually true then there needs to be a way to remarry or maybe kill your wife. I don't see any point continuing a run if I randomly get that ****. I need some proof that this infertility thing is actually a feature and not just a bug though.

If this is actually true then there needs to be a way to remarry or maybe kill your wife. I don't see any point continuing a run if I randomly get that ****. I need some proof that this infertility thing is actually a feature and not just a bug though.
It's not a bug, it's an intended game design. By the time the game releases, you'll be able to have your wife die in battle, like any other companion. One of the modders who actually worked with the game code told me about this probability here. If you read the whole thread, he details the pregnancy chances by age and everything.

I'm on my 3rd game. First two my wife was popping out kids left and right. This time, 3rd year of marriage and no children. I've tried having her in my party, leading her own party and following me, in my town with me waiting in town for days, everything.

I'm going to assume it's bugged until we discover some type of hidden infertility stat (which would be BS, imo). So I'm just going to use the developer console to make my wife pregnant to get a few children.

If anyone else has this issue of a wife not getting pregnant for years, just grab the dev console mod and in game press ctrl+shift+~ to bring up the console, then type campaign.conceive_child

Tried it but the dev console keeps saying cheat mode is disabled. (Im new to this)

Tried it but the dev console keeps saying cheat mode is disabled. (Im new to this)
  • Go to Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs
  • Open “engine_config.txt”: C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs
  • Look for “cheat_mode = 0” and change the value to “1”

I had 15 on my first playthrough before the wife died in childbirth. And when the first daughter came of age, there was literally only one male child from the NPC's able to marry her.

For me, it was more that none of the other AI Nobles were having kids.

I genuinely wonder what happens if you use a mod to keep yourself from aging (I Use Detailed Character Creator that has an AGE slider), but let the NPCs age out. Like would the game crash, because all these holdings now have no owner; something the Devs likely never programmed for.

For me, it was more that none of the other AI Nobles were having kids.

I genuinely wonder what happens if you use a mod to keep yourself from aging (I Use Detailed Character Creator that has an AGE slider), but let the NPCs age out. Like would the game crash, because all these holdings now have no owner; something the Devs likely never programmed for.
ya, thats still definitely a thing. My game from above is going, my kids are the only ones in the game. AI apparently can rape me wife, but can't court other women :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom