Why Servers Crash? I got the answer

Users who are viewing this thread

rockerjesse3 said:
Gabeed said:
ScientiaExcelsa said:
SICKENING INDEED; I FIND THEIR LACK OF HOBOS DISTURBING!

IF THIS IS A HOBOCONSULAR HOBOSHIP, WHERE IS THE HOBOAMBASSADOR????

rockerjesse3 said:
Bots should not be in multi player in my opinion they serve no purpose, they dont help you get better, they ruin the actual score board because they are so easy to kill, and they just crowd maps which isnt needed when you have 50 people playing on it.

I think the best application of bots would be a L4D survival-type of mode wherein it's a few PCs in a fortress facing an overwhelming amount of bots.  See how long you can last.  :smile:
maybe but in mount and blade things like that dont work too well you just get surrounded

If each wave of bots comes in small groups at a time, I think it would work.  Then the players would have to dispatch of them quickly, or be overwhelmed by the next group.  Bigger waves would then consist of longer periods without rest, rather than larger amounts of bots.

ScientiaExcelsa said:
rockerjesse3 said:
Gabeed said:
ScientiaExcelsa said:
SICKENING INDEED; I FIND THEIR LACK OF HOBOS DISTURBING!

IF THIS IS A HOBOCONSULAR HOBOSHIP, WHERE IS THE HOBOAMBASSADOR????

rockerjesse3 said:
Bots should not be in multi player in my opinion they serve no purpose, they dont help you get better, they ruin the actual score board because they are so easy to kill, and they just crowd maps which isnt needed when you have 50 people playing on it.
yea I guess that would be pretty cool, as long as they arn't in FFA multiplayer matches I wouldn't have a problem with them.

I think the best application of bots would be a L4D survival-type of mode wherein it's a few PCs in a fortress facing an overwhelming amount of bots.  See how long you can last.  :smile:
maybe but in mount and blade things like that dont work too well you just get surrounded

If each wave of bots comes in small groups at a time, I think it would work.  Then the players would have to dispatch of them quickly, or be overwhelmed by the next group.  Bigger waves would then consist of longer periods without rest, rather than larger amounts of bots.

rockerjesse3 said:
ScientiaExcelsa said:
Er, were you planning on contributing to that conversation at all?  :wink:
wtf it didnt show lol I said yea that would be cool as long as the bots dont fill FFA or TFFA servers i dont care about bots

Don't worry, I figured it was a mistake.  Just messing with ya.

This guys just trying to find a face to pin the problem on, so to say. His cut about the crashes and blames kids for it cause he cant find another reasonable explanation for it. Besides if the bots are the main problem for the current crashes they'll introduce a cap.

rockerjesse3 said:
Faranox said:
Kapt Torbjorn said:
Yea see?  It's all your fault newbies!  Let's burn 'em all!  I vote we autoban recruits from the forums, because new people suck.
:roll:
Hey now, rank doesn't equal seniority. I'm only a Regular, but I signed up on the forums in 2006.
I signed up in .5-- or .4-- and im only the second rank, that makes me a new comer? not...
In .5? You mean Warband beta?

Ljas said:
rockerjesse3 said:
Faranox said:
Kapt Torbjorn said:
Yea see?  It's all your fault newbies!  Let's burn 'em all!  I vote we autoban recruits from the forums, because new people suck.
:roll:
Hey now, rank doesn't equal seniority. I'm only a Regular, but I signed up on the forums in 2006.
I signed up in .5-- or .4-- and im only the second rank, that makes me a new comer? not...
In .5? You mean Warband beta?
nope M&B regular

Ljas said:
The first M&B release was 0.6xx, and you signed up in 2007, meaning that it could easily have been 0.7xx already
I signed up for FORUMS in 2007 and was it? I have a video of when It was in the old M&B you might recognize the game version I get mixed up with the game version numbers so disregard the .4-- .5-- comment my youtube vid is in my signature if you want to correct me on what version it is the video name is M&B archer vs archer

The first M&B release was 0.6xx, and you signed up in 2007, meaning that it could easily have been 0.7xx already

Was that the release where all you could do was fight the bandits?  I don't think there was even a world map.  But my memory back that far is spotty, and I think it's disjointed between two different modes of M&B.

Archonsod said:
I suppose the bots also destroyed the front end so we see the game on net rather than the geographic divisions too?
Just so you know arch, the games_on_net servers are all australian servers. Just letting you know. :wink:

Scorch! said:
Archonsod said:
I suppose the bots also destroyed the front end so we see the game on net rather than the geographic divisions too?
Just so you know arch, the games_on_net servers are all australian servers. Just letting you know. :wink:

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom