Why Servers Crash? I got the answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Ljas said:
I killed the conquest server alone using the bots. I consider that solid proof of them causing it. Or I'm the real cause of the crashes. It could be either way, really.
Yep, but the last server to go down had exactly 0 bots in it.  They may have caused one server to crash, but not all.

Obviously the servers went down as a result of sudden exposure to the new Hobo Knights in all their glory.

VERILY HOBO-NESS IS TOO AWESOME FOR ANY MAN OR MACHINE TO HANDLE!!!

Nah, most likely they were taken down for maintenance.  It's not the first time they've done this sort of thing; I'm sure there are always a few bugs to iron out with a new patch release.  I recall playing with 50 bots on each side in a highly populated Siege server on the new castle map without a crash, so I doubt that's the reason.  And even if it were the reason, that's rather a good argument AGAINST those who say we don't need to test the new bot features, no?

Given that it's roughly 3 in the morning over there in Turkey, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the servers up for at least a couple of hours.  Who knows, though?  :wink:

First it's poll spamming, now this  :roll:.

FK! I wanted to chillax and be slaughtered in MP again. Why have they ever allowed bots outside of a specific server at first?

Faranox said:
Kapt Torbjorn said:
Yea see?  It's all your fault newbies!  Let's burn 'em all!  I vote we autoban recruits from the forums, because new people suck.
:roll:
Hey now, rank doesn't equal seniority. I'm only a Regular, but I signed up on the forums in 2006.
I signed up in .5-- or .4-- and im only the second rank, that makes me a new comer? not...
Bots should not be in multi player in my opinion they serve no purpose, they dont help you get better, they ruin the actual score board because they are so easy to kill, and they just crowd maps which isnt needed when you have 50 people playing on it.

ScientiaExcelsa said:
SICKENING INDEED; I FIND THEIR LACK OF HOBOS DISTURBING!

IF THIS IS A HOBOCONSULAR HOBOSHIP, WHERE IS THE HOBOAMBASSADOR????

rockerjesse3 said:
Bots should not be in multi player in my opinion they serve no purpose, they dont help you get better, they ruin the actual score board because they are so easy to kill, and they just crowd maps which isnt needed when you have 50 people playing on it.

I think the best application of bots would be a L4D survival-type of mode wherein it's a few PCs in a fortress facing an overwhelming amount of bots.  See how long you can last.  :smile:

Gabeed said:
ScientiaExcelsa said:
SICKENING INDEED; I FIND THEIR LACK OF HOBOS DISTURBING!

IF THIS IS A HOBOCONSULAR HOBOSHIP, WHERE IS THE HOBOAMBASSADOR????

rockerjesse3 said:

I think the best application of bots would be a L4D survival-type of mode wherein it's a few PCs in a fortress facing an overwhelming amount of bots.  See how long you can last.  :smile:
maybe but in mount and blade things like that dont work too well you just get surrounded

Back
Top Bottom