Why does AI build all siege mechanisms but does not destroy enemy walls and only then he doesn't attack. BUG

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it would be more correct for the AI to destroy the walls first if there is a possibility, but only when the walls were destroyed by the AI to attack the enemy. There would be less loss of troops.

Beta 1.5.0

All ultra Settings
Steam Version
No mods

Computer Specs:
Win 10
gtx 1080
i7 9700k
16gb
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S
SSD 500 GB

In my experience, if attacker catapults would've been focusing walls first, they'd be destroyed really quickly.

So - no, you have to build engines in reserve (do you know how to do that?) and deploy them all at once to kill enemy catapults first and only then hit walls, while enemy is rebuilding his defenses.

In my experience, if attacker catapults would've been focusing walls first, they'd be destroyed really quickly.

So - no, you have to build engines in reserve (do you know how to do that?) and deploy them all at once to kill enemy catapults first and only then hit walls, while enemy is rebuilding his defenses.

I know how to siege the castles. This topic was created to explain the AI's behavior...

Oh, but the screenshot was you sieging a castle, so I thought you meant the computer-controlled catapults on your side as "the AI".

If AI is besieging, then, from my observation, it is often what you said - building engines to destroy walls and waiting.
They may be never attacking if the odds aren't good enough in their favor, which kind of proves that they aren't assaulting blindly.
They will forever build catapults and then disperse, so the problem is actually that AI doesn't use "put in reserve" feature.

And/or maybe whole siege engine building needs balancing/rework. Sadly, this "put in reserve" feels like a "mod" feature that has to work around limitations of an original game.

Oh, but the screenshot was you sieging a castle, so I thought you meant the computer-controlled catapults on your side as "the AI".

If AI is besieging, then, from my observation, it is often what you said - building engines to destroy walls and waiting.
They may be never attacking if the odds aren't good enough in their favor, which kind of proves that they aren't assaulting blindly.
They will forever build catapults and then disperse, so the problem is actually that AI doesn't use "put in reserve" feature.

And/or maybe whole siege engine building needs balancing/rework. Sadly, this "put in reserve" feels like a "mod" feature that has to work around limitations of an original game.
This is no my army. This is Army AI .

Back
Top Bottom