In Progress Clans from destroyed factions can not be recruited if they are independent

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Players can still persuade or kill enemy lords to the same end. However, they are no longer forced to choose between that, vying for peace or having to fend off an endless stream of attacks by an essentially defeated opponent.

Summary: Players cannot persuade enemy lords, they can only join AI factions, the option does not appear at peace, with clan leader as prisoner, or through any other means.This is sort of irritating because under the previous system you could persuade the leftover lords to join you, now its difficult to fill particular cultures in your roster without using companions

How to Reproduce: Destroy clan and try to recruit the leftovers

Have you used cheats and if so which:No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia RTX2080
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.3623
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700k
RAM: Corsair 64GB 2133
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB Samsung 970 PRO

This still applies for the current version 1.29.
Now they will in most cases just vanish though.

Ideally you'd let the kingdomes do like modders have already done - allow for the recruitment dialoug of kingdome less clans.

Meaning at the moment this isnt a "bug" this is the game beaveing as its programmed, and the solution is a change in the code by the devs.

The current solution/workaround is to recruit the clans before their kingdome is destroyed.
This dont however help for the defeated rebelling clans that survive the first 30 days of their rebellion, but looses their town later on to the kingdome they rebelled against.

Ideally they would do the same as moders have done, if they survive the first 30 days, they will join the "original owners" faction in most cases(unless its the rare circumstance where its from them they rebelled).
For instance how the mod VanillaPlus deals with rebel clans.(you can find the mod over on Nexus if you need to look at the code(I'm just a moduser not modder).
If the devs "need inspiration" on how to make the code changes.

Specially in the case with the rebel clans, it really gets fun, because then those clans join the kingdomes, and a typically "failing kingdome" can bounce back hard(I'm looking at Battania in most of my plays for example).

Being great friends or marrying into a clan also does not change if a clan will be destroyed. I was just testing it out so had a save to revert to, but my niece was lost when that clan got destroyed. I could do quests for clans with no kingdom but not recruit them.

Back
Top Bottom