Why are people so damned, for want of a better word, twatty?

Users who are viewing this thread

LordRichRich

Sergeant
So I'm playing on a server, riding around looking at places. I see this nice fort, I ride up without a gun when some guy tells me to stop, I do so. He tells me to leave, I think ok I'll go. Then he tells me to leave the horse, so I run away. then I come back a bit later and the same guy just opens fire on me, misses three times though. So then I go back, head shot one guy and kill anothers horse. Then I get kicked from the server by poll for trying to teach them a lesson. Learn to RP guys, it's more fun than RDM

I find the vast majority of people just want to kill everyone, and their sole purpose for RP is as an excuse to attack people. I was minding my own business yesterday building a bridge and got randomed 4 of times as well as:

• Sniped from the other side of the map for not heeding the command "destroy your entire bridge or die" typed in global chat
  • A passing bandit demanded "hatchet or die" and shot me in the face when I suggested that wasn't good RP
  • Got shot without warning for being near somebody that got assassinated
  • Was attacked by two people who yelled "WAR" and felt that was sufficient RP to attack everyone in the server
  • Got shot in the face by someone because they felt it would be fun to randomly kill someone as they were leaving the server anyway

I'm sure things will calm down once the mod matures and it's hammered in to people to stay away from a RP server if they're just looking for a team deathmatch. 1866 could use some more people you know...

Could you at least add some new admins? :S
Without meaning to sound ... cocky or whatever, I think I'd make a half-decent one. I understand server rules blah blah. tHen remove me once you get some proper admins on. It's frustrating not seeing any admins :/

You should tried to take screens of the log and stuff so you could show the admins that they didn't RP kill you
I usually see 1 admin online but it's always the same one.

In the role of demented deputy Moeck I just got shot, just for inspecting a newly built house. I could easily see that it had been built without approval by the central registration office, so I went inside and confronted the owners, who called themselves "hospitallers". Still there were no hospital beds inside, and they didn't answer a single question of mine. Instead the climbed to the top of the building, where no safety rails had been placed against all regulations, and started to fire randomly at passers-by. From what I saw they must have mistaken them for mexicans. When I asked them if they had placed fire extinguishers in their building, as it is mandatory for such large wooden buildings, they turned their rifles against me and shot me twice, so I fainted.

There is no order in this area, and I can not do my job, which is to restore order.

Moeckerkalfie said:
In the role of demented deputy Moeck I just got shot, just for inspecting a newly built house. I could easily see that it had been built without approval by the central registration office, so I went inside and confronted the owners, who called themselves "hospitallers". Still there were no hospital beds inside, and they didn't answer a single question of mine. Instead the climbed to the top of the building, where no safety rails had been placed against all regulations, and started to fire randomly at passers-by. From what I saw they must have mistaken them for mexicans. When I asked them if they had placed fire extinguishers in their building, as it is mandatory for such large wooden buildings, they turned their rifles against me and shot me twice, so I fainted.

There is no order in this area, and I can not do my job, which is to restore order.

Fire extinguishers in the old west. wut?

Of course I meant the boxes with blankets that have to be places in each building, easily accessible in case the indian savages or mexicans lay fire to the building. It is sad times that order is neglected, and ignorance like this is why the situation has come so far, with people shooting each other in the back in bright daylight.

*writing a penalty fee for hatimkh*

Domhnall mac Raghnaill said:
Welcome to Mount and Blade roleplay.

Don't make it sound so inevitable. With proper admin enforcement, randomers can be minimized substantially from a server, AS LONG AS the server's owner(s) don't decide to do a mass unban to give everyone a second chance. This has happened in the past and has opened up the doors to mass chaos in certain servers.

If someone has committed enough rule-breaks to be perma-banned, they should stay that way. Mass unbanning doesn't solve anything. Some people just don't belong on an RP server....

I sort of rambled in this post, but yeah: Don't make the bad RP and borderline randoming sound so inevitable. The "Ban player" button is there for a reason.

Sorry, I was speaking more to this.
Larken said:
I find the vast majority of people just want to kill everyone, and their sole purpose for RP is as an excuse to attack people.

What I meant to say is that a lot of the people who come in to play mount and blade roleplay mods don't really care for RP, they just want to kill, and its been that way.

pew pew ima cowboy pew pew hehehe die gimme ur muney pew pew hheheheh

ahahh pew pe.........

WTF?!?!?!? FKIN RANDUMER"!!!!!!!!

Birdtalon said:
Domhnall mac Raghnaill said:
Welcome to Mount and Blade roleplay.

As always the mod has potential, the mix beetwen free build/minecraft style RP and Wild west style may be good but for now. I only managed to talk to 3 people. We got people shooting from and at spawn and rushing "forts" for the sake of rushing and destroying it.

Remove any firearm from the spawn will be a bare minimum.

Back
Top Bottom