A Single System Has Turned Off My Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Firestar_9

Recruit
I'm sorry but seriously, I see really only 1 main issue with this game, I have loved so much of it, but the fact an AI can come take over my siege and turn all of my hard work into nothing gained is utter bull ****. If I spend everything I worked on getting to take a castle, or a settlement, and just moments before an AI can come take all of my hard work from me and give me absolutely nothing back in return just kicks me where it hurts. I spent years worth of influence buildup to get myself a big enough army to siege the last bastion of defense for a faction, spend months in siege, tear down it's walls, quarter it's defenders so I can actually attack it, and a "ally" army with not more than 10 more guys than me comes over and takes it all for themselves, I have to literally leave the siege to them just so we can take it, then they have the gall to tell me I wasn't apart of their army and didn't deserve to even loot it for myself, I get none of the renown, loot, not even on the board to receive it for myself.

It pisses me off so much I literally can't get myself to reopen the game because it makes no sense and just ****s me for even wanting to aid my kingdom in winning wars and sets me back years to need to rebuild all the influence I lost. I know that 600 influence isn't alot for most people but this is my first game, I'm still trying to figure out how to get influence in large quantities and quickly and that 600 took me years to build up.

Then it isn't a one time offense, IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, 5 sieges I have started spending a couple hundred influence, and not one could I take, not because an enemy army arrived, or we lost the attack, but because a stupid ****ing ally army comes and steals the siege and all the work and resources I put in to take it myself, even if I don't want the castle or settlement for myself, I would like to still reap the rewards of actually starting it and taking it myself than get thrown to the side and treated like I was a 10 soldier stack joining in when I was the one who raised 600-1000 guys, bought a couple hundred of multiple food types for moral and supplies, killed multiple armies to get here, and then spent a month taking it, just to not get anything.

The devs should capitalize on that and add an option to allow us to duel the npc for siege commanding rights, if we were the first ones to initiate the siege

You generally don't get that much influence from sieges, or loot really.

Sieges are just meat grinders (at least offensively) and other than having an absurd amount of archers, there isn't much way to cheese them. More often than not you're just going to lose lots of good troops, and spend a lot of time finding replacements. I would avoid sieges unless you are getting the fiefs in question as a vassal. You really don't have much control in sieges anyways, so more troops is generally the best answer.

Have you not joined an A.I. army as a vassal before? Sure it can be a good time when you're winning, but there's nothing quite like witnessing the A.I. make the worst tactical mistakes on the field and you can kiss your elite 100+ party goodbye. I'd say that's infinitely more frustrating that not getting the say 50 or 100 Influence from a siege.

Though I think all this is intentional. It's to encourage you to form a Kingdom yourself (or take over).

It's fairly safe and easy to help grow a Kingdom as a vassal, up until you get to a certain size and the A.I. thinks it can fight multiple wars at once.

Back
Top Bottom