Which version to download and where to post bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Twan

Sergeant Knight
POST ANY BUG REPORT IN THE THREAD OF THE VERSION YOU ARE USING.

Last Version of Sword of Damocles Official Mod : v4.1 
A lot of changes since v4, including the use of formations and morale system, new presentations, features and options.
LAST UPDATE : 2009/03/31.

Other versions and variants...

Sword of Damocles Official Mod V4 SF
Less polished and without all the options added in v4.1 but extremely stable and faster to download. You need to install this version to have the content needed for variants based on v4 code.

Variants based on v4 code :  

Sword of Damocles Undead Invasion (current version :  "v4", feb. 2009)
Fantasy scenario : undeads replace the imperial invaders. These invaders are weaker than imperials but come sooner and convert conquered centers population to even more undeads.

Sword of Damocles Gunpowder Invasion (current version : 1.0, march 2009)
Invaders are more advanced than Calradian realms and use gunpowder. Use new items and particles system.

Sword of Damocles Auxiliarii Variant (current version : 1.52, 04/01/2009)
Invaders use auxiliarii forces of 7 different factions in addition to imperial regular troops. Several invasion scenarios, new options and systems for autoresolved battles and unit upgrades.

You can add (for v4 sf version and variants) :

More Metal Sounds (current version : 1.6, 03/16 2009)
Sound pack.
(Already included in SoD v4.1.)

Well done, Twan

I think it's really needed with all these titles and versions and variants stuff
For a newcomer it would not be that obvious to know where to start and which one to try out
Already in the bug thread a mixing into the correct thread has been found also

I would to suggest to rename the stickies into some major categories like
    After Action Report : xxxxx
    SoD - V4 xxxxx  (Latest update : dd-mm-yyyy )
    SoD - V4 xxxxx - Bug Report
    SoD - Variant - xxxxx
    SoD - FAQ - Strategy
                    - Troops
                    - Imperial Troops
    SoD - Visual - Sigs/loading/Events Screens
                      - Graphical Ideas
    SoD - V5 xxxxx (for brainstorming, new map, any new topics in the future)
    SoD - Miscellaneous    (like more metal sounds and other infos)

Good idea.
I'll let Vonmistont do that, or when I get home.

Right now there are too many stickies, but none are worth getting rid of.

jasonxfri13th said:
Lol - that's the thought I keep coming to!

Shjn - That's a fantastic idea.
Twan - This is a fantastic idea.
Combined, and we have an almost understandable stickies section (that nobody will read).  lol - I kid. :razz:

Last news are there will be a v4.5 gold including auxiliarii v 1.5 content.

... but there will also be an auxiliarii v2 searching courageous volunteers to track the bugs of my new diplomacy/AI system before its included in v5 or a v4.6.

So yes the complete merge will probably be in v5.

jasonxfri13th said:

For the After Action Reports, we could make one new thread( or use the original) and move all the stories to one thread. The writers can post how many times they think they need to reserve for their story or add it to their first post so readers can find it easily.

I think one thread for each AAR make them more easier to follow. But it may eventually be better for clarity to de-stickify AAR threads (especially if their number continue to grow) to just keep as sticky the summary of them.

(as well, the mass of stickies can be replaced by more summaries for other sections, say this thread to find the different mod threads, one summary for all FAQ/infos thread, one summary for all threads about development/recruitment, and just 4 stickies are needed ; but having the actual huge stack of stickies is probably better to give a good idea of SoD community activity :wink:)

I did make a thread with ALL of the AAR reports except the currently being made ones.

I spent a lot of time going through the AAR thread (11 pages) and taking those.
I had to use up 3 posts...

What I am thinking is that when someone is done with the report and stops updating it, it should be added to the AAR compilation thread and should be de-stickied.

vonmistont said:
I merged this topic with FAQ.
Good thinking, one less sticky.

I also noticed you got rid of the wall of text in the FAQ... I was thinking about that but never got around to doing it.  :twisted:

jasonxfri13th said:
vonmistont said:
I merged this topic with FAQ.
Good thinking, one less sticky.

I also noticed you got rid of the wall of text in the FAQ... I was thinking about that but never got around to doing it.  :twisted:
Yep.
I also didn't notice a link to Battlesize Changer or siege pack I believe. You should add this (battlesize changer probably should have own category, I can't imagine playing only at 100 unless computer can't handle more).

Why not make one AAR topic with links to the various AAR stories (Who have their own topic, but are not a sticky)? That should limit it to one Sticky, but still give attention to all the AAR stories.

Marche said:
Why not make one AAR topic with links to the various AAR stories (Who have their own topic, but are not a sticky)? That should limit it to one Sticky, but still give attention to all the AAR stories.
:cry:

No one noticed the AAR sticky I made 2 weeks ago? It contains over 20 or so AAR reports except for the ones still being worked on.

But that's an Archive of Stories that have already been completed and does not include the ones that are still ongoing, which still seem to receive a sticky. What I propose is destickying the ones that are ongoing and making one topic instead with links to those stories.

Marche said:
But that's an Archive of Stories that have already been completed and does not include the ones that are still ongoing, which still seem to receive a sticky. What I propose is destickying the ones that are ongoing and making one topic instead with links to those stories.
The reason why we do not do that is because many people post replies to them, so if it was all in one sticky it would be a huge mess.

jasonxfri13th said:
Marche said:
The reason why we do not do that is because many people post replies to them, so if it was all in one sticky it would be a huge mess.

Well you could lock the thread and put the individual links to the ongoing stories for redirecting, perhaps just to make sure to put the links on the first post of the thread, saving time for people looking for a particular story.
Then people can still post and comment on the ongoing ones, and the finished ones are all well preserved from your arranged order

Once a new story been finished, you can update it as you've done previously.

jasonxfri13th said:
Marche said:

It wouldn't. The Sticky does not contain the actual AAR stories. The Sticky only contains links to the actual topics with the AAR's in them and thus only serves as a way to easily access all the AAR topics. It can be closed if needed. All replies can be made in the actual AAR topic, which you can go to from the Sticky. This allows everyone to easily access the AAR Topics via the Sticky, while those can linger through the Forum as normal topics, allowing the Stickies to be less confusing for new players.

Back
Top Bottom