[Variant] - Sword of Damocles V4 - Auxiliarii v1.6d (4/26)

Users who are viewing this thread

Twan

Sergeant Knight
Auxiliarii Mod Version 1.6 Features

- A new invasion script half random half based on a scenario chosen at character creation, with varied dates, number of waves, bonus troops for the empire, etc...

- A new mechanic for autoresolved battles* taking terrain and kind of troops into account

- The imperial legion include troops of 7 factions (imperials, the 5 sods factions, numidians and sometimes mercenaries) giving more diversity to the late game, and small bands of raiders in addition to the lords armies ; and the empire may also corrupt Calradian lords

- An option menu allowing to customize a lot of things like fertility, economic difficulty or AI lords behavior (you can access this menu in the beginning of the game, or during game via the reports page)

- To make the end game more challenging you need gear produced by the blacksmith to upgrade your elite troops (but this system can be deactivated in the option menu) - Note that if the system is activited blacksmiths won't reduce castle maintenance cost when they forge gear, but you have the option of making them press coins instead, giving an income of 100-300 denars per week (minus the 250 of castle maintenance) ; if you deactivate production you don't have the "press coins" option but the usual maintenance discount of SoD

- After the invasion imperial troops quality is improved over time

- Everyone start at peace with the legion, but it will automatically declare war to one or all factions when the invasion start depending on the scenario and also have more chances to start random wars and less to conclude peace than other factions (something important to note : the invaders will auto declare war to your realm as well as they may declare war to others there is no special protection for player)

(*V1.6 : the new system now affect battles involving player's army)

This version probably still have bugs I've not catched. So please report here anything strange or buggy you find.

Auxiliarii is still unfinished in many areas :

In example the corruption system works (I think, not tested it a lot) but the dialogs and spy mission allowing the player to counter corruption are not there (so the scenario based on corruption, "Ambitious nobles decided otherwise.." is probably very hard ; as well the spy guilds mission were supposed to allow the player to corrupt raiders so they end their support to regular forces and become normal bandits, and without that the scenario with hordes of raiders may be hard).

As well you can build spy guilds but all they do is sending spies to follow lords and update their location ; in a next version there will be special operations you can order from a dialog with the jester (the jester being the leader of the spy guild).

V1.6d :
- Upgrades needing gear should now work correctly
- If you don't have enough gear for the full stack, "upgrade all" promote all the units you can and the marshall tell you... he had upgraded 0 (dialog is still buggy  :oops: but upgrade work)
- If you don't have the facilities to upgrade units only "upgrade one" appear for them and you get the appropriate error message if you chose this option

V1.6c :
- Made impossible to give centers to lords before they join your faction
- Included hotfix for neutral towns bug for people already having this problem
- Fixed some old SoD v4 bugs in tax system (thanks to Mordachai for the bugs list)
- Added display of the chosen settings in the options menus
- Changed the way production option work : if you chose to deactivate the production system you no longer need to have a blacksmith to upgrade units (note : if you had the option "production 1000" you need to change it to make this change work), the menu "manage blacksmith production" also no longer appear when production is deactivated (when you deactivate production you recieve enough gear to upgrade 10000 troops ; if you reactivate production after, your gear stock is reset to 0)

V1.6b :
- Fixed some other little bugs in troops init

V1.6 :  
-Fixed a big bug in troop init (for the terrain bonuses), added a trigger re starting troop init for old games, so the change should affect saved games
-Extended the terrain bonus system and mortality option effect to all instances of autoresolve (now affects player army when he chose to autoresolve a battle)
-Changed strength calculation formula and increased a little the ai vs ai battle speed 
-Added an event to make lords corrupted when their kingdom is already at war with the imperials join the legion (previously they only joined at war declaration)
- Fixed several minor errors in the event spawning imperial raiders

V 1.52  :
- Fixed a lot of bad scripts calls causing "OPCODE error" messages in dialogs
- Fixed a bug in strength calculation giving all units the exact same strength

Download Auxiliarii v1.6d (text files only, install Auxiliarii v1.5 or SoD v4 -this version, not SoD v4.1- and cut paste the text files to the mod folder, overwrite when asked)

Code v1.6d (overwrite the files)

Download Auxiliarii v1.5 (full version with objects folders and source)

First version :

SoD Auxilarii v0.1 (small version, add the sod invasion objets folders to these txt files)
(Source.)

PS : some spoilers..

The Invasion Scenarios

scenariostart.jpg

scenariostart2.jpg

It was already too late...  
Fast invasion start around day 160, the good news are
    -there are less than 80 centurions
    -some have bad troops of levies or a fast gathered mix of auxilarii
    -there are 3 to 5 waves and a long time between each (but the first one is the bigger)

was finally defeated in a massive battle...
    - invasion start around day 270, and start quietly with two or three small waves, the bad news is
    - most of the troops including a lot of elite units come together in the last wave

couldn't defend all its fronteers...
      - invasion start around day 230 and is split in 3 or 4 waves the bad new is
      - there is less than a week between each and they attack Calradia by different entry points

never ending influx of soldiers...
      - the invasion will start around day 280 and counts 99 lords with more mercenaries and auxiliarii than in other scenarios
      - the good news is they come in 8 to 14 small waves and some have bad troops or smaller renown

too well prepared...
      -the invasion will probably start around day 400     
      -the legion has better troops and more elites than in other scenarios and come in one massive wave

ruined it couldn't resist...
      -the invasion is medium, come around day 330 and in several waves
      -the bad news is a lot of raiders will start to appear and harass calradian realms months before the invasion
      -the imperials use more cavalry

ambitious lords decided otherwise....
    - the invasion comes around day 310 and count only 75 lords coming in several waves
    - but a lot of calradians lords will probably betray their nations and join the imperials (maximum of 20 traitors instead of 1 to 8 in other scenarios)

their strategy was better...
    - this scenario is in fact a scenario generator, invasion may start from day 160 to 400 and about all its caracteristic are random or based on the date, number of lords is random and goes from 72 to 96 and their templates are based on the date ; the invaders get other strengths like raiders or corruption if the number of lords is low ; global power of the invasion is usually greater than in the premade scenarios
    - you get +1 intelligence and tactics if you chose this scenario

I was too busy searching a boat...
    - one of the 8 above scenarios
    - you start with a bonus of 500 gold but -10 honor

(all dates may vary usually by +/- 50 days)

The Troops Trees

Numidians : only use infantry, and mostly light units, only their high tier troops are armored (t1 and t2 troops are often naked, t3 in light armors) but have better base stats than other factions, high athletics and damage bonuses skills. Archers are as good as villanese ones and most units may have ranged weapons, even in the infantry tree.

--- Numidian Hunter  -- Numidian Archer -- Numidian Veteran Archer -- Numidian Elite Archer
Numidian Tribesman
                              --- Numidian Light Warrior -- Numidian Warrior -- Numidian Veteran Warrior -- Numidian Heavy Warrior

Elite Imperial troops : the praetorians are heavy infantry, the patricians upgrades heavy cavalry and knights as good as faith units (the first patrician unit may be mounted or not). Patricians are far more rare than praetorians in elite legions templates.

Praetorian Phalanxist -- Praetorian Principe -- Praetorian Guard

Patrician -- Patrician Cavalierii -- Patrician Chivalierii

The Imperial Upgrade System :

An event change the templates of up to 5 random invaders lords (or another number chosen in the options) every month. Being prisoner cancels the upgrade. Upgrades follow this tree...

Imperial levies template (mix of low tier imperial and mercs)    ---30%-->    Mercenary Template
                              |                                                      |
                            50%                                20% Mixed Auxilarii Template (mix of the 7 factions)  ---->  25% Random Auxiliarii
                              |                                                            |              |                                                                  (mono faction) 
              Imperial Regulars (imperial template of SoD)    <---- 45%        30%                                                                      |                           
                              |                                                                            |                                                            Improved Auxiliarii Templates
              Imperial Improved (higher tier troops,        - -- 10% -->    Cavalry only Template
                              |    a little number of praetorians)                    (imperials, mercs and some adenians and zerrikanians)         
                            40%               
                              |
                Imperial Elites (high tier troops about 1/3 of praetorians/patricians)
                              |         
                      (only if the centurion is rich)
                              |
                Imperial Supra Elite (only praetorian/patrician)

Auxiliarii templates are the same your lords use, the improved version include some last tier nobles.

Unfinished V2 code

v2 is unlikely to be finished (won't be by me with all the planned features at least), but some scripts or mechanisms may be interest other modders

That's interesting and promising
As I regret a little bit to not be able to have a chance to measure against other cultures' troops
This would open some nice possibilities

wow, those changes are significative..

post those on the V5 brainstorming, im sure vonmist will be interested on them!

I tried a different faction (was Antarian) and there was no CTD. But whenever starting a game with as the Antarians , it both crashes when talking to your party as well as when you have an encounter on the world map.

froggyluv said:
Some groovy stuff here -game crashes when I try to speak to my starting troop aka Nobles...

Hum I've probably messed up something in dialogs. I investigate this.

ps : don't have a clue for the moment...
- the only thing I changed in dialogs module of SoD is the addition of a trigger to double peace price when you talk to a faction 6 lord, and I've found no error in this code
- dialogs with troops worked in my test version
- the only thing I changed between test version and released one are the invasion base date in scripts module and the starting troops in game menus module, nothing in dialogs
- ... and now dialogs with troops are bugged

@ Vonmismont : yes I'd be happy if I can help for v5, but I'm still a beginner and there are large parts of the code I don't really understand yet

I'm not sure why but it only happened when starting as Antarians. Can anyone else confirm this? Actually I downloaded the source first as I wanted to see how you rigged the random invasion date because I had done something similar but was getting strange trigger bugs all over the place. Anyways after getting errors as the Antarians with just the Source, I tried your compiled version but still had the same Ctd's.

Edit- Let me just get this straight: Create a New mod folder, empty the contents of auxiliry 0.1, copy/paste the 6 folders from SOD? Does it matter which version of SOD those folders come from ie. The SF edition?

EDIT- NEVERMIND  :oops:

Looks like I though the version of SOD I had was the latest but throwing that patch on top of your file seemed to fix my problem- sorry for all the confusion  :mrgreen:

Lol I've spent 2 hours looking for the supposed error everywhere in the code, but forgot to verify I had crashes myself.

A little teaser of Auxiliarii v2 features and progress page :

- A new strength evaluation system taking terrains and kinds of troops into account for autoresolved battles and some AI calculations  (done)

- An options menu allowing to customize the economic difficulty of SoD and a lot of other things (done)

auximodoptions.jpg

fertilityoptions.jpg

- A new invasion generation script, according to the scenario you chose during character creation and some randoms factors, the invaders army can count from 72 to an hundred lords, using 18 different templates, coming in 1 to 10 or more waves, with the invasion starting between day 120 to 400+ (if you chose a fast invasion scenario, the imperials will be weaker than if you chose a slow one or one with many waves), attacking everyone or destroying calradian realms one by one (done)

scenariostart.jpg

scenariostart2.jpg

- Empire friendly raiders in addition to the regular forces

- Corruption of Calradian lords by the empire (corruption event done, now I need to make the dialogs allowing the player to counter corruption)

- After the invasion, the imperial troop quality is improved over time (done)

- A new system for upgrading heavy and faith troops making the end game harder and blacksmiths usefull (half_done need testing)

blacksmithprod.jpg

- A spy guild building, allowing to get reports on ennemy lords, and order special operations (unfinished, for the moment the guilds just place spies and  upgrade the location notes of spied lords)

I think/hope it will be ready for release around this week-end.

More and more twist

I like the way you extend the meaning and the different formula on the sense of INVASION
Instead of preparing heavily for D-day
Elements of surprises, unpredictability, increasing veteran status of legion

Keep up with nice work and ideas

That's absolutely brilliant! Thank You Twan!

P.S.
Actually... Twan's Auxiliarii together with incoming Mordechai's expansion should be main SoD release... I have some concerns about homogeneity of the invading forces but It's perfect.

if the homogeinity is a concern, make the BULK of their forces imperial, with few having other type of units (old homeland may be not a good idea)

The original purpose of this mod was to give empire more diversity as fighting 80 times the same troops was a little repetitive. Anyway the imperials are still by far the most common faction in their legion.

The high number of templates don't mean lots of new units, just different qualities of armies

I've not added new units (out of the ones added in v1), just new templates.

I.e empire has

-empire levies : low tier empire units +  mercenaries and farmers
-ief regulars (the imperial template of sod)
-ief improved (the same with only tier 2+ troops, a little more cavalry compared to regulars, and a small number of praetorian units)
-ief elite (about one third of praetorians/patricians, 2/3 other good empire troops)
-ief supra elite (only praetorians/patricians units)

+ 2 rares templates mostly for particular scenarios
-ief cavalry only (an half of imperial cavalry units + other half of mercenary and auxiliari cavalry)
-mixed auxiliarii (1/4 regular empire, 3/4 varied auxiliarii)

Most of the centurions usually have the regulars template, but according to the scenario, some may use the other templates at start, ie levies in a fast invasion as the empire didn't had time to train all its forces, or the contrary, improved/elite templates in a slow well prepared invasion scenario.

Then there is always a little number of praetorians and patricians generals starting with an elite template. Centurions + generals usually totalise a big half of the legion. The other half being auxiliarii lords with their faction troops and carrying their own flags (7 kinds of armies, sods factions, numidians and mercenaries but not a lot of lords of each). Auxiliarii factions also have an "improved" version template (especially needed as I've renounced to code a way for sod factions auxiliarii to upgrade their * units).

After the invasion start, an event slowly change the templates of the invaders to better versions (with a low probabiliy to use the rare templates as alternative upgrades).

After I red JKRevan's After Action Report and after we started working on V5 Storyline i have irresistable desire to play SoD (first time since october). After tweaks made by Mordechai i feel that the only what V4 needs to be finished is implementing your newest changes. So do not hesitate and release them :smile:

I need to play V4 so I have more inspiration to make V5.

Unfortunately I've been a little too optimistic and added a lot of code for the spy guild without testing. Considering I've managed to make the compiler refuse to make a file with my new dialogs, I think it won't be ready before a few days.  :oops:

Back
Top Bottom