when can we expect next big update please

Users who are viewing this thread

The year is 2075, i was diagnosed with terminal cancer and my children are around my deathbed, my grandchildren cry as they look to me. I use my last amount of strength to reach for my phone, i start typing using my thoughts, i type in f and i get the link to the forums immediately. As i scroll through the forums i see Callum's grandson responding to a thread on the forums, the question is about when the next patch is coming. As i scroll down i read the following:

"Soon"

I die

The End

The year is 2075, i was diagnosed with terminal cancer and my children are around my deathbed, my grandchildren cry as they look to me. I use my last amount of strength to reach for my phone, i start typing using my thoughts, i type in f and i get the link to the forums immediately. As i scroll through the forums i see Callum's grandson responding to a thread on the forums, the question is about when the next patch is coming. As i scroll down i read the following:

"Soon"

I die

The End

Callum can't die (and thus possibly not have grandson), he has ascended into being an AI/Robot, so you will still see him typing.

Callum can't die, he has ascended into AI state.
In the year 2075 taleworlds has 3 upcoming games, bannerlord 1, bannerlord 2 and bannerlord 3.

Bannerlord 1 is community managed by Callum's grandson, bannerlord 2 by his son and bannerlord 3 by Callum.

It is an endless cycle of passing down the burden of the game.

For some reason, my initial thoughts on EA launch are reinforced again... I feel like it was just to get more funds for making nextgen console versions possible.

But that's just me.

We were hoping to release the patch this week however we have encountered some more bugs that need to be fixed first. It is likely that the patch will be delayed until next week.

We are exploring some new formats for development updates/blogs and have two topics to discuss in the works which we plan to share (and I know it is annoying to hear this word repeated) soon.
Isnt this the 2nd time you delay the release?
No offense but how horrible is the code? 8 years and its still riddled with bugs. Holy crap... is there any chance I can get my money back?
And what holds you back from releasing it with bugs? I mean you charged us 50-60 bucks for a buggy mess aswell

Last edited:
While I'm sad to hear it's been delayed - I guess it's better then it having a huge bug.

On the plus side it does sound like this is going to be a full blown MP 2.0 release; at least by how much they keep digging with their "you will be very happy soon" comments.

Isnt this the 2nd time you delay the release?
No offense but how horrible is the code? 8 years and its still riddled with bugs. Holy crap... is there any chance I can get my money back?
And what holds you back from releasing it with bugs? I mean you charged us 50-60 bucks for a buggy mess aswell

*BEEP BOOP*

We will delay the patch as long as necessary as we really don't want to push out a broken update that will prevent people from playing the game. And these issues are something that have come about due to the recent refactor which, while annoying right now in the short term, will be beneficial in the long run.

We were clear from the start that this is an Early Access title, and that it contains bugs and is missing features. However, if you are still eligible for a refund then please feel free to go ahead and do that.

We were clear from the start that this is an Early Access title, and that it contains bugs and is missing features. However, if you are still eligible for a refund then please feel free to go ahead and do that.
True that, but since i bought it on release the 2 weeks for refunding on steam are already gone. But the amount of updates and what came with it are lackluster as hell, if compared to other EA titles it feels like this isn't a EA but rather more a Paid Beta version of the game. Not only did the community fixed more in 2 weeks than you guys did in 4 months but they also added more stuff to the game, in a higher quality. And that isn't even a joke sadly.
If i would have the chance i would rather pay the modders my money than paying you for Bannerlord. You said it will be in EA for roundabout a year, give 5 more years since its TW, looking that it took 8 years to develop so far i lost all my hope and faith in this Company. Not only is this game barebone as hell, but also the "rumours" about that pretty much all big content features are already in the game yet missing so much stuff from your previous games without really adding on what was already in warband is a shame.

*BEEP BOOP*

We will delay the patch as long as necessary as we really don't want to push out a broken update that will prevent people from playing the game. And these issues are something that have come about due to the recent refactor which, while annoying right now in the short term, will be beneficial in the long run.

Thanks for the updates Callum. I know the next patch of course is fixing bugs that have become present due to the refractor, but are you able to give any insight as to additional content that will be in the new patch as well? Seems like the MP team has been working hard on combat parameters, maybe some new perks being updated to the new released version of them? Just looking for some digital cookies to get excited about :smile:
Cheers

True that, but since i bought it on release the 2 weeks for refunding on steam are already gone. But the amount of updates and what came with it are lackluster as hell, if compared to other EA titles it feels like this isn't a EA but rather more a Paid Beta version of the game. Not only did the community fixed more in 2 weeks than you guys did in 4 months but they also added more stuff to the game, in a higher quality. And that isn't even a joke sadly.
If i would have the chance i would rather pay the modders my money than paying you for Bannerlord. You said it will be in EA for roundabout a year, give 5 more years since its TW, looking that it took 8 years to develop so far i lost all my hope and faith in this Company. Not only is this game barebone as hell, but also the "rumours" about that pretty much all big content features are already in the game yet missing so much stuff from your previous games without really adding on what was already in warband is a shame.

Scream this from the rooftops friend. Well said.

*BEEP BOOP*

Thanks for the update. I rather it gets delayed then hear more people moaning and groaning about how the new update has bugs and crashes.
In fact, I'm kind of afraid of the update in terms of what will happen.
btw: can you inquire about the replay editor's release. At least that tool won't be affected by updates. Thanks

If you are going for a refund dont forget to inform Steam that bannerlord had a bug for over a month kept the client boot loader on. So if you played for 2 hours and then never again it could ahow 300+ hours of play.

*BEEP BOOP*

Why don't you just release the broken patch, so that everybody have something new to complain about.
Have a little variety :wink:

You can pay the modders at NEXUS -do it and post your receipts here.

*BEEP BOOP*

As a whole team, will the development of the game be better affected if you go to the office?

Back
Top Bottom