What will be "nooby" in Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Whining about people being "nooby" should be considered nooby. What will be considered nooby is couched lances and horse archery, the latter of which can take practice to be effective at.

Actually even lancing needs a little practice. At least in the current version.
My brother got himself a jousting lance against some river pirates on his first try.
Did more damage with the horse.

Crouched lance can be quite a difficult task depending on the opponent. Obviously if the opponent is going to stand in one place all of the time than it may be easy to kill him but with a moving HUMAN opponent as opposed to the AI opponent who normally goes in the same direction mostly. Even in single-player when the AI ends up correcting their course when I am using a lance I tend to miss because they are unpredictable.

FrisianDude said:
Yes, but I was thinking that it wasn't the best horse for a pure knightly character, but it still was used by knights, see? If you're a knight intending to plow through enemy lines you'd be mad with a courser.

You'd be surprised, many knights reserved their destriers (charger/warhorse) for the tournament, mainly because they were so bloody expensive to replace.

Night Ninja said:
You'd be surprised, many knights reserved their destriers (charger/warhorse) for the tournament, mainly because they were so bloody expensive to replace.

Yeah, but I meant in game. :razz:

Ludial said:
Aeron said:
A set layout of troops every battle to even the odds on each side would be good, using the same implimentation as Left4Dead when playing as infected, the computer randomly picks which ''class'' you will play. Although i like the idea of upgrading your character yourself, how annoying would it be suddenly see your up against an all archer team.

I for one will be playing as an infantryman, whether i find it hard or not, it will be fun to get stuck in with melee weapons, and block all you want, shields only last so long... go go gadget Agility!
and I say screw the set layout. This would minimize the diversity of tactical approaches possible and have people playing in ways they're not good at. And that will definitely cause a lot of whining(including from my part, I'm good on horseback, but hate doing it).

Now Ludial, not wanting to get in one of your endless arguements, but didn't you say you liked versatile combat? Making people play as an infantry man when they are usually an archer helps them get better at being an infantryman. Hence, they can now fight both as an archer and an infantryman. And horses are not overpowered. Nothing in this game is. I find Native Expansions archery a lot fairer(Powerful but inaccurate) but thats just me.

Kill-stealing with a horse melee weapon I think.

IE 2 people in a duel on foot and some n00b on a horse just rides past and kills one of them.

as everyone before me posting in this thread have already said,horse archery will probably be "noobish" and lancing aswell...
ive been playing Mount n bladesince 0.680 (but only been active here for like 3 weeks) and by this time i love every aspect o this game, i only hope that not all to many 12 year old "pro players" will tell me just how noob i am when i tend to like shooting people with my crossbow: )

Dumping everything into Agility and Athletics and using a balanced/masterwork dagger so you can effectively stun-lock and kill any opponent single-handedly.
evillaugh.gif

FrisianDude said:
Night Ninja said:

Yeah, but I meant in game. :razz:

I think that applies to M&B as well. I seem to recall a poll some time back which indicated that the Heavy Hunter was the most popular horse for general purpose work. The Charger ranked fairly low, mainly because of the extreme expense and lack of speed.

Eogan said:
Dumping everything into Agility and Athletics and using a balanced/masterwork dagger so you can effectively stun-lock and kill any opponent single-handedly.
evillaugh.gif

Dont give them more tips OMG! Now you've unleashed hell on us all!

I am sure that it will be a very limited amount of aiming for the crouched lance. Obviously only around the right of the horse to a point.

KON_Air said:
Wow, already whining about Warband...
I think it more whining about the people who will whine about actual tactics and techniques during online matches

Not really... Because jumping in this game takes so long before your actually able to jump again. Cause you have to jump... and then spend time landing for like 4 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom