Hope and self improvement are the foundations of mount and blade 2

Users who are viewing this thread

talior3

Recruit
I think I bought the game when it was initially released a few years ago, for like 40 bucks or so, i don't remember the precise amount.

But I would unironically spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on this game. This is one of the best financial investments I've made. A game bought for 40 bucks, played for thousands of hours across entire years, more than 3 years.

What makes this game truly unique isn't anything but the fact that this game keeps getting changed and improved. Unlike all other cashcow atrocities of game developers, this game has started out as a relatively humble gesture but has grown to be a vivid game, lifted by modders and ensured in strength by the developers.

If the devs abandon this game or stop updating and adding things then the game drops from its unique position in the gaming market, to another choice between many other games. But if they keep adding features, functionality, battle logic, content, listening to the community and assisting modders, if they do this, then they are probably boasting the best game I know of in terms of hope and a promising future.

Heed not the people who keep complaining about a game I doubt they haven't played for hundreds of hours, but the people who encourage the developers to continue the successful attitude of listening to consumers and modders and thriving as a result. But on a personal note, I appreciate the developers' attitude. This is what really makes this game stand out between video games of a million genres.

Heed not the people who keep complaining about a game I doubt they haven't played for hundreds of hours, but the people who encourage the developers to continue the successful attitude of listening to consumers and modders and thriving as a result. But on a personal note, I appreciate the developers' attitude. This is what really makes this game stand out between video games of a million genres.
What about those that have played probably over a thousand hours and over the many years, who have tried to encourage them (unsuccessfully) through repeated feedback over those same many years?
Game was fine in EA, it clearly needed it and it still did/does. TW's attitude was to push into official release across all consoles regardless, they have to take the complaints that come with that; especially on the communication end.

What makes this game truly unique isn't anything but the fact that this game keeps getting changed and improved
Ah yes, Bannerlord is so unique in this regard. It's not like games like Cyberpunk 2077, Stellaris, No Man's Sky, Diablo 2, Slay the Spire, every successful SaaS game ever exist, right?

So according to you:
Everything-Is-Fine-Meme-.jpeg

Talesworlds needs people who are willing to give honest feedback not sing their praises because there never has been and never will be a perfect game.

Obtw if you think Taleworlds listens to this or any other community you haven't been around more than a few weeks or months because this is a studio who has a history of going dark for weeks or months at a time.

So according to you:
Everything-Is-Fine-Meme-.jpeg

Talesworlds needs people who are willing to give honest feedback not sing their praises because there never has been and never will be a perfect game.

Obtw if you think Taleworlds listens to this or any other community you haven't been around more than a few weeks or months because this is a studio who has a history of going dark for weeks or months at a time.
I've been around longer than you. And I say that TaleWorlds is doing pretty well. Bannelord steam score is positive and they've sold a lot. Is the game perfect? No, nothing is perfect. Does it need improvements? Yes, at places it does. Does all that mean it is a bad game? No.

I've been around longer than you. And I say that TaleWorlds is doing pretty well. Bannelord steam score is positive and they've sold a lot. Is the game perfect? No, nothing is perfect. Does it need improvements? Yes, at places it does. Does all that mean it is a bad game? No.
Apparently you're not understanding what I'm saying so I'll break it down in simpler terms so there's no misunderstanding. The use of the meme isn't about the game burning down around our ears. It's implying that ignoring issues isn't good. I never said it was a bad game. I'd rate BL a 5/10 not bad not good. The issue is the OP is implying that bad feedback is bad. I'm saying that open an honest feedback is what is needed not being a yes man.

Obtw who ****ing cares if you've had an account before me? It's not relevant to the discussion. The only reason I brought that he OP must be new is because every month or two we get someone new coming in saying "everything's great stop being mean to Taleworlds", then they peace the **** out. I'm not saying I have more experience with the forums or game than the OP so my input is more valuable. My point is that Taleworlds isn't interested in any real discussion or listening to this or any other community.

Bannerlord is an ambitious genreblender, made by a medium size developer, that does some things AMAZINGLY well, and other things not-so-well.

It's a beautiful mess that is leaps and bounds ahead of anything else remotely like it. In a world where the triple A outfits are all producing unambitious pablum, we could use ten more studios like Taleworlds.

I think they are doing QA stuff a lot could be why patches take so long or code refactors. The game will get good at some point :smile: Hoping for Holiday massive patch.

I think I bought the game when it was initially released a few years ago, for like 40 bucks or so, i don't remember the precise amount.

But I would unironically spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on this game. This is one of the best financial investments I've made. A game bought for 40 bucks, played for thousands of hours across entire years, more than 3 years.

What makes this game truly unique isn't anything but the fact that this game keeps getting changed and improved. Unlike all other cashcow atrocities of game developers, this game has started out as a relatively humble gesture but has grown to be a vivid game, lifted by modders and ensured in strength by the developers.

If the devs abandon this game or stop updating and adding things then the game drops from its unique position in the gaming market, to another choice between many other games. But if they keep adding features, functionality, battle logic, content, listening to the community and assisting modders, if they do this, then they are probably boasting the best game I know of in terms of hope and a promising future.

ChatGPT strikes again :poop:

Hey there! So, you've probably heard of "Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord" and its developer, TaleWorlds Entertainment, right? Let me tell you why they stand out in the vast sea of gaming companies and titles.

First and foremost, in an era where many game developers are churning out titles with the primary goal of maximizing profits, TaleWorlds has consistently shown a genuine passion for their craft. They're not just out to make a quick buck; they're dedicated to creating a game that offers depth, immersion, and a true sense of accomplishment.

Remember the days when games were made with heart, where developers listened to their community and made changes based on feedback? That's TaleWorlds for you. They've been actively engaging with their player base, taking feedback from forums, and implementing changes that the community desires. It's a two-way street with them, and it's evident in the way they've nurtured "Bannerlord" over the years.

Now, let's talk about the game itself. "Bannerlord" isn't just another medieval combat game. It's a rich tapestry of politics, strategy, and personal relationships. The depth of the game mechanics, from trading to combat to diplomacy, is astounding. It's clear that a lot of thought and effort went into ensuring that every aspect of the game feels authentic and engaging.

Moreover, while many game companies are notorious for releasing half-baked games filled with bugs and then selling additional content through DLCs, TaleWorlds took their time with "Bannerlord." They released it in early access, continually refined it based on player feedback, and have been transparent about their development process. It's a breath of fresh air in an industry that often feels like it's nickel-and-diming its player base.

Lastly, the modding community. TaleWorlds has always been supportive of modders, providing them with the tools and freedom to modify and enhance the game. This not only extends the game's lifespan but also fosters a vibrant community that adds value to the base game.

In a nutshell, while many game developers these days seem to prioritize profits over player experience, TaleWorlds and "Bannerlord" are shining examples of what happens when passion, dedication, and a genuine love for gaming come together. They're a beacon of hope in an industry that, at times, feels overrun by cash grabs and soulless titles.

My issue is that the game isn't finished yet. There's still/was some pretty significant patches pending a game that was released over a year ago now; it should've been kept EA. Is the game bad besides that, not really; but it's still a WIP.

Back
Top Bottom