What will be "nooby" in Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mabons

Thats right, every game has something people like to complain about online, when really it is just another tactic.

Personally, I think Couched Lancing will be seen as nooby, but it's really not hard to counter. People will probaly complain about it when they cannot get room to manouvere.

Honestly I think Horse Archery will be considered nooby. Of course depending upon server settings. Obviously not if server settings set the crosshair to being turned off or such settings like that.

Redfyre said:
Honestly I think Horse Archery will be considered nooby. Of course depending upon server settings. Obviously not if server settings set the crosshair to being turned off or such settings like that.

Not really any difference. Considering some people are cheap enough to put a dot on their screen to show where it is.

Yes, but then you still don't have the crosshair to tell you when to release the arrow or pull it back in. I guess if you are a very adept Horse Archer you have already gotten the timing down but I for one find it much different without the crosshair.

I'll complain about horse archers in advance.
While I respect that everyone has the right to choose what suits his playstile, I will always despise and look down on it.

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
While I respect that everyone has the right to choose what suits his playstile, I will always despise and look down on it.

Me too, although I despise mounted combat, especially with lances. I always find couched lance damage quite cheap, easy to use and not very fun at all.

Killing others while they are already in combat, especially archers sniping in the back. Personally I think it adds a nice touch of realism of a battlefield. Apart from duels people are not going to get out the popcorn and watch, they'll help each other.

phorest said:
Elric_de_Melnibone said:

I despise Mounted cavalry

As far as I know, cavalry is always considered mounted.

It appears that you will be able to aim couched lances in Warband. There's a few points in the preview video where the Swadian cocksucker aims his lance point at someone on his side.

It appears my lance will be that much more deadly.

Edit: Might take a bit of getting used to though. I would have to get used to actually having to aim the lance as opposed to my horse. haha

That is always the case though, take any game where a tactic works, yet can be countered by skill or knowledge and people will yell for a nerf.

Case and point bunny hopping or dolphin diving in Battlefield 2, the poor poor chumps who had to ban people because they could not aim and then proceeded to ***** until EA tried to make it slightly more difficult.

Then again, the whiners do provide an excellent source of amusement, just figure out what tactic they hate and employ it for profit.

Throwing axes, 10ft long pikes,  couched lances, killing horses (with said pikes), any form of archery.

Basically, anything that can be *****ed about WILL be *****ed about.

Back
Top Bottom