What price will you be ready to pay for the game?

What price will you be ready to pay for the game?

Votes: 15 7.7%

Votes: 26 13.3%

Votes: 51 26.2%

Votes: 20 10.3%

Votes: 37 19.0%
  • Shut up and take my money!

Votes: 88 45.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

As a big fan of the series, I am buying it no matter what. As for the price, I am willing to pay anything (and will pay the full price) because video games aren't really that expensive and I don't buy many (most stuff I have on Steam is from bundles/cheap key sites).

i bet this people that say 30 dol pay 60 for a buguisoft game or electronic arts xd that have 1 year of development and they launch it to make money ?
i will pay a 100 trumps any day of the week XD

If it's true that the EA is going to be offered at full price, I'm going to wait for a sale.
Can't run it my current laptop yet anyway.
If it's cheaper, I'll buy it straight away and then wait to play it until I have new computer in a couple of months. I'm going to be in EA for at least a year, anyway
Does a game in EA even go into discount? Isnt that supposed to be after full release, and even then some time after?

Game is developed in Turkey, indie, EA release (I know they don't plan on changing price at release, so they have to choose a reasonable price to begin with), offers only English on release(I think), has comparatively low marketing budget and only appears on pc for now. Looking at other games in this category 40€ is the only reasonable price. Many games with these criteria price at this point(full release, not ea mind you). I would pay 50€, but I would also be a lot more unforgiving towards the game when it comes to my review and claiming EA won't count when you ask unreasonable prices. Of course I hope the game will be a huge success for TW anyways and personally bickering about 10€ difference seems stupid, but it would very much give an out of touch feeling.

Promoting the false consciousness here, are we? Of course, we as workers should happily pay whatever sum the large corporations come up with.
I find it reasonable to pay 30-40 for a graphically overhauled Warband. But the price is likely going to be AAA-tier, even if no new mechanics are implemented in the EA since they've stated the price will remain the same after full release. I'd recommend a read about psychological pricing.

Weit a secound, u guys calling the **** of electronic arts and buguisoft AAA tittles? that are console tittles developed in 1 year for steal u money.
Well mount and blade is like AAAAAAAA then XD
Rockstar is one of the few that develope a game as m&b for lot of years and still a console port!

Last edited:
Personally, I would pay $100 for this game. I've already spent several thousand on a computer system primarily to play Bannerlord. Given the thousands of hours I have spent on Warband, the cost of Bannerlord (whatever it turns out to be) will be trivial when amortized over the many hours of enjoyment I will have in playing the game.

Does a game in EA even go into discount? Isnt that supposed to be after full release, and even then some time after?
I bought rust when it was in EA ... It was always on sale at christmas and other sales. Always from 20 to 10€. So i guess yeah even EA games go into discounts.

I think both 40 and 60 euros are reasonable prices, if we look at the current games market. If they go for the option with later paid for DLCs, I would say 40 is the more reasonable.

To iterate on my post: It's more reasonable for indies to release their game at 30€-40€ and keep the price up for extended period of time. I would only discount during major holiday sales like 15%-33%. If you look at major AAA release 60€, they will often have a significant price drop shortly after release. Why? Because you can only sell pc games for 60€ to idiots who fall for the millions of dollars sized marketing budget which won't affect purchase decisions more than two weeks after release. Once TW has released their first major DLC (~10€-20€)? I would slash the price in half and keep it there until the game has like three DLC. This pricing scheme would tell me the developer has confidence in their gamer.

60$. It's not a little weird thing someone made as a hobby, it's a big boy game that's been being made for years, I expect it to cost the full amount of a AAA game.
And this EA is in good faith that it has a large amount of content and will be finished with all features promised in time.

Why? Because you can only sell pc games for 60€ to idiots who fall for the millions of dollars sized marketing budget which won't affect purchase decisions more than two weeks after release.
I do not think they are "idiots". I consider them brainwashed, which is different.
And, by the way, the first response for this poll is : "Shut up and take my money!"
:grin:

I'm waiting for so long and im 33 now... i would pay much but i dont know how much... I mean my steam profile is full of mount and blade since years. Its the only game im really interessted in since I saw Warband for too many hours by now...
I even upgraded my rig for Bannerlords except for the gpu which I will buy later to get the best for the money.... si im prepared for many graphic mods to come.... ?

Back
Top Bottom