What is the next big update we will get?

Users who are viewing this thread

And this is what makes me unresponsive to any of your posts.
Because you can't understand?
You don't, in any way, adjust what you claim to want, and just say reservations are "added on". Not at all. They are the crux. You have no damn idea what 95% of the players want. You refuse to accept criticism. And that's why I agree: leave it to the modders because the those kicking and screaming can't stop and can't be reasoned with
I, in no way, made a claim on what I want, and sorry if that hyperbole example with 95% flew over your head, hard on text format. I'm not refusing criticism, you're literally the one that's refusing to accept any; I'm pointing out the flaw in the reasoning as to 'cell phone pigeon' shouldn't be part of the base game.

This isn't the same as something like the mods RBM or Improved Garrison or Diplomacy or that Fourberie (popular mods I've seen) where they are still very subjective and/or make a game too easy and/or not to everyone's liking or whatever; sure.
But 'cell phone pigeon' being the contentious point for why there shouldn't be a messenger system is a bs excuse as why we should leave it to the modders instead of expecting better from TW.

And no one said it had to be "cheaty". But again, many WANT it to be. Just like people want unlimited companions, governors, parties and workshops, completely eliminating span of control progression, and giving themselves a massive unmitigated advantage over every NPC clan, ignoring all the ways they already have those advantage. At a minimum, 50% of the asks from posters are really just pushing a power fantasy with game systems that that further favor the player, which is not the game I'm looking for, so of course I wouldn't want more of that hardcoded into the game.

I envision plenty of great messenger systems. Having full conversations without a delay on the back and forth isn't one of them. Of course I'd want warnings to war, with an option to hand over a border fort or adjust whatever the tribute amount is in their favor. There's plenty of good ideas. But I also see the game in a decent "neutral" spot for players to adjust things to their liking in the very least. Just some of your reactions acting like everyone has to want the "exact" change you want is actually more proof to leave certain things alone.
I think the game is too easy on the hardest difficulties. I like more challenge/struggle, so I use the Cultured Start mod to let me start out with absolutely nothing. No horse, gold, etc. RBM makes shields and armor much tougher.

Diplomacy mod's messenger system is immersive imo. It isn't instantaneous.

This community is so ungrateful. Just a few monts ago you had banners added to the game which drastically changes the game by buffing unit stats. What ellse do you want? More diplomacy options or something? Go play EU4 then LMAO, this is a private company.
Damn spoiled players. :iamamoron:
+1

what are people even complaining about? After 2 years we have a game that only sometimes crashes when you open it without mods, what else do you want? A strategy rpg? What are you, 8yo? This is a serious business, a serious company with serious marketing and profit goals, they're not tech wizards trying to brew a software you can have fun in, it's a product, just like a dildo, it was developed, it was made, it is available for purchase, it is over! Now pay more for a pdf with 5 pages of cool drawings and write a positive review. Thats your duty as a consoomer.
Bravo, you actually made me spit my drink out. 👏:ROFLMAO:

+1

what are people even complaining about? After 2 years we have a game that only sometimes crashes when you open it without mods, what else do you want? A strategy rpg? What are you, 8yo? This is a serious business, a serious company with serious marketing and profit goals, they're not tech wizards trying to brew a software you can have fun in, it's a product, just like a dildo, it was developed, it was made, it is available for purchase, it is over! Now pay more for a pdf with 5 pages of cool drawings and write a positive review. Thats your duty as a consoomer.
LOL

Thank you for this

I for one look forward to more "floating blades" and "armor clipping". Nothing says manly like having your big chin jut through your helmet! (or neck?)
HKajsbV.png

It could be realistically implemented. But 90% of the posts are overly gamey, immersion breaking asks.

I'm not missing any points what so ever. You are ignoring way to much of what is being discussed. More players are asking for more magical phone calls, not less. So if that's the want, I'd rather look for a mod that puts non-magical and technological communications in game and those that want more point and click magic menus get them with some other mod.
cock and ballLord the ultimate immersive experience
vnaeloabear51.jpg

I think the game is too easy on the hardest difficulties. I like more challenge/struggle, so I use the Cultured Start mod to let me start out with absolutely nothing. No horse, gold, etc. RBM makes shields and armor much tougher.

Diplomacy mod's messenger system is immersive imo. It isn't instantaneous.
TW's way of making game hard is throwing you doomstacks, cheating AI, bugged sieges instead of making the game more in depth. I mean its hard to complete a siege battle when your enemy is hiding inside an inaccessible area. TW vision ™️

To be fair, they said they didn't want that sort of thing in the game, first.
edit:
I just can't see how, in particular, with the messenger system, the vague reasonings on 'limited control approach, immersion (aka "phone calls") and scope of a desirable solution' are why it's not in as a QoL feature.
  • Limited control approach - not too sure if he is referencing the player (can't see it being anything else).
  • Immersion (aka phone calls) - bs excuse; we already have 'phone call' things in the game anyways and other things more immersion-breaking as tradeoff for game QoL
  • Scope of a desirable solution - diplomacy mod messenger is proof of the pudding, I don't see this implementation being some game-breaking or technical hurdle; just hearkens back to that same 'we'll discuss internally (but hope issue disappears in a bit)'
Yes, there are certain feature requests people want to include in the base game out there that are more glaringly 'game-breaking' or 'immersion-breaking' or way too player-advantageous than something like this; which is fair to TW to consider before wasting resources on developing in (aka leave to modders).

Back
Top Bottom