What does the community want?

Which one of these best applies to you at the moment?

• I play Bannerlord Multiplayer

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had dedicated servers.

• I would play Bannerlord Multiplayer if we had multiplayer mods.

• I am a mod developer and am waiting for MP mods support.

• I am a mod developer and I need more SP modding support.

• I would play Bannerlord singleplayer if it were expanded further.

• I only play Bannerlord Singleplayer and am not interested in the Multiplayer experince

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

What are you watching on youtube that has discussions?
I like artem's videos. I remember a few months ago he posted one of the current state of the game development and I think it was very well made and mature. No ****talking or any of that. Also the resonant has pretty good videos. Thats pretty much it.
Edit:

Oh Gods please let this turn into one of the threads of guys posting thier shirtless karate pics! We haven't had in a good while now!
?
?
Re: Im down but I don't think you would like very much the sight :grin::grin::grin:

The problem, and the reason why people are out of patience, is that that might be true, but what the community means with "right" and what is "right" according to whoever is in charge at TW appear to be two very different things.
Yes, I couldn't agree more!!
That's what I am talking about. My point is, if we keep the blame game and bashing going, TW will completely stop listening and keep doing what they think is "right". I mean look at the forums now and the forums 5-6 years ago. It's two different places, and not just visually. It's just not the right way for us to communicate with them.
We can do better than that, and TW can too.

Yes, I couldn't agree more!!
That's what I am talking about. My point is, if we keep the blame game and bashing going, TW will completely stop listening and keep doing what they think is "right". I mean look at the forums now and the forums 5-6 years ago. It's two different places, and not just visually. It's just not the right way for us to communicate with them.
We can do better than that, and TW can too.
TW was exhibiting the same kind of behavior when the community was providing constructive feedback (beginning of the MP beta). Things did not turn into a mess because people are angry, it's the other way around. There really isn't a way out if it at this point.

TW surely can do better. They just don't want to. There's not a single thing we can do about that.

Because maybe I hope that sad kids like you can get some sense into their head and instead of ****posting every thread about change with "It's hopeless they won't change give up", they decide to try and bring some understanding and teamplay with TW on the forums. Get it?
If you've had too much of the "trying to change things" which it looks like you DID, take some time off buddy, it's good for you. In time things will get better and TW will do better. In the meantime we can sit around and ***** about how bad they are, which is super easy and you get some steam off, I get it. Or we can actively try and improve the relationship with them and us(the community), even if they sometimes act in ways we don't like or even frustrate us. You know maybe if every thread wasn't filled with little ****talkers like that, more devs would read them. Call that wishful thinking if you want, I really am on your side whether you believe that or not. I'm not here to pretend TW is flawless because they obviously ARENT. If I thought that I would not bring this thread about "change" up.
I'm at that point where I can tell if these posts are ironic satire or not.

TaleWorlds didn't actually engage nor listen, not even back when 98% of the posts were constructive and well meant.
Multiplayer is a stagnant pool of almost zero development with 2/3 of what I expect of multiplayer just outright missing. And what we do have is mediocre at best, and downright revolting at worst, and it doesn't matter that multiplayer is essentially dead at this point; TaleWorlds refuses to take anything anyone says under advisement and just ploughs ahead mindlessly. And this has been the entire case, or worse, since the beginning of the closed beta 2 years ago.

Through no fault of your own, the simple reality is that you're out of touch with the Bannerlord TaleWorlds forum reality, and I guarantee that if you hang around here even 1/4 of the time the rest of us have, you will be as salty as us all.

TW was exhibiting the same kind of behavior when the community was providing constructive feedback (beginning of the MP beta). Things did not turn into a mess because people are angry, it's the other way around. There really isn't a way out if it at this point.
Well, I do not remember the community exhibiting much "constructive feedback". When the game launched it received so much bashing and hate I was appalled. Not that It was not deserved, but the hostility of it, it was too much. Getting on the "Cancel TW" train is too easy in my opinion.
TW surely can do better. They just don't want to. There's not a single thing we can do about that.
You could very well be right. But where does that leave us? How do we move forward from here?
We can't? We are too tired to try? They won't listen? They don't want to listen?
In my opinion just expressing our frustrations about this on the forums doesn't lead us any closer to Victory.
Maybe I am blind to reality, but I still think we can still have some mature conversations with them, and if we make this forum a more inviting place maybe they will talk with us. Doesn't mean we have to "blindly praise them", but just leave the bashing at the door.

Well, I do not remember the community exhibiting much "constructive feedback". When the game launched it received so much bashing and hate I was appalled. Not that It was not deserved, but the hostility of it, it was too much. Getting on the "Cancel TW" train is too easy in my opinion.

You could very well be right. But where does that leave us? How do we move forward from here?
We can't? We are too tired to try? They won't listen? They don't want to listen?
In my opinion just expressing our frustrations about this on the forums doesn't lead us any closer to Victory.
Maybe I am blind to reality, but I still think we can still have some mature conversations with them, and if we make this forum a more inviting place maybe they will talk with us. Doesn't mean we have to "blindly praise them", but just leave the bashing at the door.
Are you not aware of the fact that there was a beta before Early Access started? That would explain your view tbh.

TW has shown time and again that they do not take action based on constructive feedback. And honestly, it's funny that I am telling you this because I had the same kind of conversation with others right after release ? they were already disillusioned based on that experience, while I was not very familiar with what happened and still hopeful (basically where you are now).

The one, thin hope that we have is that enough people get angry enough at them and yell loudly enough that they will get their **** together and finally begin trying to fix the damn game. Everything else has been tried, over and over and over, and it has failed because they just ignore it or brush it off.

Sorry but you clearly haven't tried as much as some of us. Taleworlds really does not want to deliver on what the fans want.

I made a huge effort to provide feedback and remain positive about it. But it gets to a point where you know your time is not appreciated as they have no intention of taking your feedback into account.
They demonstrate time and time again that they want to DUMB DOWN everything they advertised during all those dev posts before early access.

I made my own threads providing feedback on changes I believe they went in the wrong direction with. I.E the hotkey changes (console focus). I also made multiple threads discussing how the archery in Warband was more fulfilling and enjoyable.
I provided video evidence shown from different stages in development from various E3 stages, where the archery was changed and how what they had shown was not what was delivered.

From my perspective I have read many threads where people have tried so hard to help TW understand where the game is not delivering and where they wish to see it go. And it just doesn't work.

Everytime they are not met with silence they are met with excuses about how "that is too difficult" or many many words that say very little and brush off the suggestions. And most of this time people are not asking for difficult changes.
The game does not meet the bar that Warband set. Warband has many many more features than this game I could write you a giant essay on them but many have done so before.

The point is Bannerlord has had 1 year of full early access and the basics (siege AI and armour) are not even fixed.

And I am also sick of seeing people white knighting a development team.
Did they pay you?

We all love Taleworlds but we also can hate them at the same time. Why? Because we want better and we know they can deliver more, they are just being told not to.

From my perspective I have read many threads where people have tried so hard to help TW understand where the game is not delivering and where they wish to see it go. And it just doesn't work.

Everytime they are not met with silence they are met with excuses about how "that is too difficult" or many many words that say very little and brush off the suggestions. And most of this time people are not asking for difficult changes.
Can you show some examples?

Can you show some examples?
Unfortunately I can't as I don't actively save post froms Taleworlds and have them ready to call upon on a moments notice. But I am sure someone else on the forum has them at hand. The threads are there if you care to look for them.

I don't always post, but I check for about 30 mins a night and try to stay up to date.
Over the entire EA year I have seen this time and time again.

You won't have to look far :smile:

EDIT: Look at some of those top curated threads and tell me people haven't tried damn hard to provide constructive feedback.

Are you not aware of the fact that there was a beta before Early Access started? That would explain your view tbh.

TW has shown time and again that they do not take action based on constructive feedback. And honestly, it's funny that I am telling you this because I had the same kind of conversation with others right after release ? they were already disillusioned based on that experience, while I was not very familiar with what happened and still hopeful (basically where you are now).

The one, thin hope that we have is that enough people get angry enough at them and yell loudly enough that they will get their **** together and finally begin trying to fix the damn game. Everything else has been tried, over and over and over, and it has failed because they just ignore it or brush it off.
Of course I am aware that there was a beta. I've been waiting for bannerlord to be released since it was announced, and am part of the blue balled family due to how long it took. I'm not here from yesterday.

Do you really think everyone getting pissed off would be an effective strategy to get their attention? I get the thinking behind this, but it doesn't seem to be effective to me. This seems to be most of the forums at the moment, and how is it working out? And what if it goes even worse than that? What are we gonna do? Storm their HQ like the capitol?
And how does that make them want to listen to us in any way if they have 15k, and even up to 20k(on steam), people a day playing their game, most of which do not complain about it(Remember happy people are less likely to leave a review than pissed off people)?

I am not even trying to be hostile at the moment, I really want to know what you think. Hey, if this truly is a more effective strategy and gets us more results, then let's get it. But is it really? This discussion IS important. The forums is what we have, and using them wisely will get us at least SOME results.

Do you really think everyone getting pissed off would be an effective strategy to get their attention? I get the thinking behind this, but it doesn't seem to be effective to me.

I am not even trying to be hostile at the moment, I really want to know what you think. Hey, if this truly is a more effective strategy and gets us more results, then let's get it. But is it really? This discussion IS important. The forums is what we have, and using them wisely will get us at least SOME results.
Oh my sweet summer child... You are all of us from 6 months+ ago.

Storm their HQ like the capitol?
Sorry to burst your bubble but this forum is not just for americans.

Do you really think everyone getting pissed off would be an effective strategy to get their attention?
Sure.

The only thing that we know without a doubt is that being "calm and constructive" doesn't work, so anything that is an alternative is reasonable at this point.

Oh my sweet summer child... You are all of us from 6 months+ ago.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this forum is not just for americans.
I am not american, I live in the netherlands.
Thanks for the constructive feedback though!

Sure.

The only thing that we know without a doubt is that being "calm and constructive" doesn't work, so anything that is an alternative is reasonable at this point.
Saying something like that Is a direct indicator to taleworlds: "I do not know how to handle the situation, will do anything even if bad, unethical or immoral to get what I want done."
Would you do what someone like that says? I mean he is on a forum on the internet, not with a gun in front of you.

Thanks everyone for pretending to have an argument so the thread gets popular and we get our poll data.
Lets now go back to the mature discussions. :grin:

Saying something like that Is a direct indicator to taleworlds: "I do not know how to handle the situation, will do anything even if bad, unethical or immoral to get what I want done."
Would you do what someone like that says? I mean he is on a forum on the internet, not with a gun in front of you.
During the beta, my average post to TaleWorlds was 4+ paragraphs and thousands of words, constructively reasoned, and non-hostile. I got into arguments with this one guy over issues, but none of that was directed at TaleWorlds. When you see the decline in post content, and the increase in anger and frustration, and it's near-universal for forum users that hang around; it doesn't matter what TaleWorlds thinks of me personally. I've been on the same side as the forum consensus on every issue except 1 relating to Bannerlord development since the beta, and my descent into frustration is the norm, not the exception.

All of this is indicative of a systemic problem, not a problem with me specifically. If I was the only one who saw a decline in post quality/content, then much of what you just said is true, but I am not.

TaleWorlds should do what 'someone like me' says for the simple reason that I am not alone in either my descent into madness, nor my positions on the stagnant swamp that is both this game and the gene pool of TaleWorlds management (for reference there is an indisputable consensus on several of the major problems surrounding multiplayer that we accurately predicted would kill multiplayer, during the beta, and it's actively demonstrable what needs to be done to fix this). I, and this forum, are nothing but a product of our times and our environment. Something you will see clearly enough in time.

During the beta, my average post to TaleWorlds was 4+ paragraphs and thousands of words, constructively reasoned, and non-hostile. I got into arguments with this one guy over issues, but none of that was directed at TaleWorlds. When you see the decline in post content, and the increase in anger and frustration, and it's near-universal for forum users that hang around; it doesn't matter what TaleWorlds thinks of me personally. I've been on the same side as the forum consensus on every issue except 1 relating to Bannerlord development since the beta, and my descent into frustration is the norm, not the exception.

All of this is indicative of a systemic problem, not a problem with me specifically. If I was the only one who saw a decline in post quality/content, then much of what you just said is true, but I am not.

TaleWorlds should do what 'someone like me' says for the simple reason that I am not alone in either my descent into madness, nor my positions on the stagnant swamp that is both this game and the gene pool of TaleWorlds management. I, and this forum, is nothing but a product of our times and our environment. Something you will see clearly enough in time.
Just because your descent into frustration is the norm and not the exception does not make it right!!
And perhaps it is not so much of a norm as you think. Most people don't hang out at the forum. I mean if someone would make a post about how much he liked the game he would be stoned to death!! What kind of people do you think the forum attracts then?

Furthermore assuming this stance of "oh im just a product of the environment" is the exact opposite of what you want Taleworlds to do.
Would you be happy if they came out and said, "Oh it's just the times are bad, it's not us, we really tried but yeah sorry guys, it's really the environment's fault that we are acting like assholes.". Of course you would not like it! How do you think it looks from their side then?

Back
Top Bottom