What Content Do You Want First?

Users who are viewing this thread

Last year I've seen a video from a youtuber who was interviewing/visiting the developers from time to time, where he said the aging feature will have an option to turn it off. According to this youtuber, the devs had heard so many concerns from Warband fans about this new feature that they decided to give those players the option to play Bannerlord the way they want. Can't remember which youtuber, as you can imagine I've watched many many Bannerlord videos, but I'm absolutely certain that there is no need to worry. You will be able to play the same character for as long as you like.

ui improvements/party management, kingdom overview tweaks, notifications, my WIFE died at 19 from childbirth and i only noticed because she vanished from the party, then i had to dig through encycopedia.

is there a way to pull up "notes"? like warband to see the notification log?

How about messengers that deliver "urgent news" ie castle besieged, wife died in childbirth, etc.

troop management is a nightmare just like warband, PAGES of troops. horrifying and really needs an upgrade, modders have already added sorting etc so there is hope for the future...

ai/collisions/spear bracing/

Taleworlds should focus on the engine and stuff modders won't be able to infinitely add like story/quests first. economy, banks, maybe add ships to traverse the sea, let sturgians raid with ships, adjust the mpa/chokepoints/garrisons/steamrolling issues.

after all this kind of code/deep stuff is fixed, move to storyline and fluffy stuff any modder can do, or let modders do it.

I wouldn’t mind a feature which might allow me to launch a coup within an existing kingdom. Maybe invite Raganvad to my daughter’s wedding...stick a couple of crossbowmen in the balconies...we’ll see where the night takes us...

I'm a long time fan of the series, as are many other people. Dying of old age and heirs don't bother me and a lot of other people. In fact, I find these features refreshing and a nice change of pace. There are long time fans who agree with me. So, this new M&B is for us.

I appreciate that you stretched to try to come up with a jab at the end there, but I never claimed to decide what game is for who. My point, despite your attempt at invalidation, remains... If you can't get over one of the features of the game and you refuse to mod it out (if the option to disable it isn't there, since we don't know yet) and that just ruins the game for you, then that game isn't for you. That's not me deciding it, that's your own sensibilities and taste dictating that.

At the end of the day, it's Tale World's game. They can make it have whatever features they want. And it's up to you whether or not you play it. That's the facts of the matter.

I definitely agree, there needs to be more substance and things to do within the system. Certain limitations, like not being able to have an army when you're a merc should really be revisited. The game basically forces you to swear loyalty to one faction or other at some point. And it was a serious let down when I gave the dragon banner to the Sturgian king, and he was very appreciative, but still wouldn't let be a vassal because I was only Clan rank 2. lol
The whole reason I'm even mentioning this is because there are lots of long time fans who don't like it. The majority of the forum users who voted on this poll agree that the new mechanics should remain optional.:

It's not universally welcomed, as you seem to suggest. You also suggest that this game isn't for those who dislike one new feature. Now is the time to give the feedback on that. To suggest all other advancements and improvements to the series in this new game shouldn't be enjoyed by people who like almost every other aspect of the game is, again, ridiculous.

You are correct. We don't know what features will be included in the 'finished' release. But to avoid oversight, or to stop some players from being excluded from the latest title by not including options to play a game advertised as being able to played 'the way you want,' it's better you don't just decide or suggest that the game 'isn't for some players.'

It's supposed to be a Mount & Blade game that we can 'play the way you want.' So don't suggest it can't/shouldn't/ might not be for M&B fans.

For me right now its food in towns.
I lost my will to play the game when i realized i am not able to safely store my max lvl troops in garrisons while i lvl up new troops.

1 - I would like to see more things to spend our money on.
1.1 Castle upgrades which changes the castle map
1.2 Pay for people to attempt to assassinate other nobles (though it would be very costly to avoid it being OP AND it would have a success rate depending on your own luck, charm or whatever trait they decide). Also have success rate depending on who the noble is. It should be pretty damn difficult to assassinate Lucon, but less difficult to assassinate a Northern Empire mercenary with an army of 50 people. Have the assassin charge you a lot more for the killing of more well guarded nobles. The assassin won't risk killing Lucon and getting himself executed for 50k. 500k, however... perhaps. Just an idea they can expand on.
1.3 Pay to invest in a town or castle, you get special access to certain areas, or perhaps you invest in another lord's garrison and you're able to take up to 10 percent of their troops
1.4 Invest in throne room renovations as either a vassal or king/queen - have these changes visible in the game world.
1.5 Buy a round of drinks for everybody in the tavern to increase relations by a small amount
1.6 Maybe even buy some shops or houses and rent them out as a landlord, earning passive income. Perhaps they get attacked every so often?
1.7 Spend money on a wedding - hire jesters, dancers, singers, hold a feast etc. The more money you spend initially, the higher your relation increases with your spouse
1.8 Being able to fund other peoples' armies - what if you wanted to support the Aserai fighting the Khuzaits, would be good to secretly fund another faction's war and have your relation with that faction increase

2. More activities to do in peace time like improved tournaments including jousting, archery, horse racing etc.
2.1 Hunting missions?
2.2 More exploration - caves, rivers, old battlements - add rare items and uniques

3. Kingdom management
3.1 Assign vassal their own castles/towns
3.2 Sue for peace, declare war, form alliances which greatly damages your relations if you don't aid them in war as agreed - this would open the way for more dialogue options with your own vassals about whether to uphold the alliance
3.3 Hold council with your vassals - should we declare war on another faction? If we do, which castles should we take? Selected castles would then mean your vassals would try to focus on capturing those castles and towns and cities
3.4 Be able to change the philosophy of your kingdom - do you believe in inheritance? Should the new ruler be the king's children? Should there be a vote on a new ruler altogether?
3.5 Choose tax rates
3.6 More policies
3.7 Make you feel like a king - have people address you in the correct manner
3.8 A little cynical but be able to hang your enemies from the gallows, publicly behead traitors and other undesirables
3.9 Hold court

4. Be able to take over an existing kingdom - don't know if this is in the game currently but I think it would be something else if you could end up king of Vlandia or sultan of Aserai

5. Smith crossbows and bows
5.1 Fire arrow smithing

6. A toggable option about who to control after death. Might be nice being able to select up to 3 units you can control if you fall on the battlefield. Make it optional for those 'hardcore' players

7. NPCs form their own alliances and marry each other without any input from the player. A dynamic and shifting world.

8. Less wars. I'm not saying no wars, but constantly being at war with another faction or even 3 factions at once is very tiring and draining. As long as there are lots of activities to do in peacetime I don't feel as if this would be a big issue.

9. Send messages to the other lords - would tie in with forming alliances etc.

10. Way more intricate quests
10.1 Have politics play a much, much larger role in the world

11. Having a lord or noble as a prisoner should be a much bigger deal than it is. A lord should be a political bargaining chip, being able to ransom a lord in exchange for a town or castle, or another prisoner, or just a lot of gold. Selling the ruler of the western empire to a ransom broker in a seedy taven for 5k is ridiculous lol, especially considering they just raise an army once again. Having a lord as your prisoner should be one of the ultimate bargaining tools - and not only that, but it should depend on what type of lord. If I had Ira as a prisoner, Rhagaea should absolutely agree to move back some of her armies or agree not to declare war on me for a year or two. This is because Ira is the supposed heir to the throne. Similarly, if I didn't give Ira back then Rhagaea should come at me with her entire force and try to wipe my faction from the face of the planet. Should work the other way too, if you are captured and you have really high relations with your faction then they should try to negotiate for you and try to get you out. Attempted prison breaks under the cover of darkness or an all-out war resulting in the deaths of thousands.

Last edited:
ui improvements/party management, kingdom overview tweaks, notifications, my WIFE died at 19 from childbirth and i only noticed because she vanished from the party, then i had to dig through encycopedia.

is there a way to pull up "notes"? like warband to see the notification log?

How about messengers that deliver "urgent news" ie castle besieged, wife died in childbirth, etc.

troop management is a nightmare just like warband, PAGES of troops. horrifying and really needs an upgrade, modders have already added sorting etc so there is hope for the future...

ai/collisions/spear bracing/

Taleworlds should focus on the engine and stuff modders won't be able to infinitely add like story/quests first. economy, banks, maybe add ships to traverse the sea, let sturgians raid with ships, adjust the mpa/chokepoints/garrisons/steamrolling issues.

after all this kind of code/deep stuff is fixed, move to storyline and fluffy stuff any modder can do, or let modders do it.

Finally someone who largely appears to be in my camp. The one thing that feels absolutely out of place in a relatively high budget production in 2020 that I'm baffled by is the UI. There are so many things wrong with the UI systems since M&B1 (not even just Warband) that really shouldn't have made it close to Bannerlord in my opinion, especially considering that most of the activities you actually do enjoy in an M&B game absolutely require you to spend the majority of your playthrough interacting with said systems.

Funnily enough those also appear to be relatively easy to fix, so I'm reluctantly hopeful.

Anything else, more content, better economic balancing, more peacetime activities, diplomacy, story, etc. pp. are things that will naturally appear. I'd be very surprised if they hadn't thought of 95% of the suggestions regarding content themselves at some point during development, but the UI can and will ruin any enjoyment you can get over Warband with its fiddly and click-festy nature.

Finally someone who largely appears to be in my camp. The one thing that feels absolutely out of place in a relatively high budget production in 2020 that I'm baffled by is the UI. There are so many things wrong with the UI systems since M&B1 (not even just Warband) that really shouldn't have made it close to Bannerlord in my opinion, especially considering that most of the activities you actually do enjoy in an M&B game absolutely require you to spend the majority of your playthrough interacting with said systems.

Funnily enough those also appear to be relatively easy to fix, so I'm reluctantly hopeful.

Anything else, more content, better economic balancing, more peacetime activities, diplomacy, story, etc. pp. are things that will naturally appear. I'd be very surprised if they hadn't thought of 95% of the suggestions regarding content themselves at some point during development, but the UI can and will ruin any enjoyment you can get over Warband with its fiddly and click-festy nature.

agreed. smithing is a nightmare too. i think i may wear out my mouse clicks just refining and making charcoal.

agreed. smithing is a nightmare too. i think i may wear out my mouse clicks just refining and making charcoal.

I haven't gone down that road yet. It sounds like a fun idea, but I can't imagine it being efficient in the slightest with the way troops and the economy are balanced. Making one strong sword in 10 hours vs. having an army of 50 Banner Knights seems to be a slightly skewed trade.

Which reminds me, the one other, but related, thing I really hope and expect to see more of is just more information for the player in general. Whether its trade (prices you bought at), workshops, caravans, stats of your fiefs, how every stat in the game functions and what it is affected by, having so much information randomly obscured doesn't really help my immersion or my ability to make strategic decisions.

1. Real diplomacy: a simpler version of how diplomacy works in Europa Universalis should do the trick and might be quiet easy to code. Casus Belli and claims, infamy, alliances, truces. This would make diplomacy more believable and would lead to a more authentic experience in general.

2. More trading/economical options: Stashes for your workshops, so you can dump raw materials in there and to hold back the produced goods in there.
More control over your caravans: we should be able to give simple commands to them like "focus on item x" or "support workshop". In general again a simpler system taken from another game should do the trick. I'm thinking about Patricians 4/Port Royale here.

3. More tactical battles: battles should require more tactics. This could be achieved by slowing them down and tweaking the AI.

Back
Top Bottom